New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 7/9/2014 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

When Im NC35-37 this is AMAAAZING for contouring and bronzing. I feel like a bronzed princess with this. Not orange and very natural and beautiful. Lasts forever on my very oily skin and so worth a try! Im currently NC42 so this doesnt show up on my skin :( I use another NYC bronzer the mosaic one rn its much darker and better now for bronzing for me, but the Sunny is super cheap and has a nice packaging to take with you if you want to retouch! It gives you a nice mirror. It looks like you only get a little bit of product, but I've had it for two years and no pan to be seen. Most be mostly because I get dark so fast in the summer haha. It can also be used as an eyeshadow which rocks! If you're beginning with bronzer or wanna try a new bronzer out, try it out, you'll love it and is very forgiving even on lighter skin colors (:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This product is so hyped in the beauty community that i couldnt resist picking it up. And for $3. As soon as i opened it, i blended the color on my hand, and it turned orange. Im an nc42-43, and it showed up on my face, but was not flattering in the least. I tested this for a week.
I woke up one morning with cystic acne all along my contour, which was the only place that i put it.

I am so disappointed. Thank god i only wasted $3 on this product. I could've gotten a megalast lipstick. Sensitive skinned ladies, beware!! (I think its the talc.)

on 7/6/2014 12:55:00 PM

I've been trying to step up my contour game lately so I decided to finally try out this inexpensive cult favorite. I think I may have purchased it at 40% off, so it ended up being extraordinarily cheap.

I'm naturally a medium tannish color, but currently tanner than usual due to the summer sun, so this is a rather subtle contour on me. Which isn't a bad thing considering my novice contourer status. The powder is seemingly fine milled and applies rather evenly, although patchiness does result from time to time. I do enjoy that this bronzer has no shimmer and it doesn't translate into too orangey of a color, although this is definitely a warmer bronzer. I think lasting power is about average on my combination skin - I only use it as a cheek contour and I'm normal in that area. I do always use setting spray, just as a precautionary measure. I think this is probably a lovely bronzer for fairer skinned ladies, especially those with warmer complexions.

The packaging of course feels very cheap and flimsy and you can forget about getting any utility out of the sponge that's included, or is it inserted strictly to prevent the powder from breaking during transit? This bronzer is made in China and the packaging sure as heck reflects that.

Would I repurchase this? Probably not as I think I need something darker and slightly silkier to apply, if possible. However, I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the market for an inexpensive drugstore bronzer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do not like this bronzer, for my skin tone. It disappears on me. It does not lasts. I falls right away. I am truly dissapointed with it because it is a must have if you are a makeup fan. There are other bronzers although expensive they are much better.

So affordable, such a great product and such a hidden gem. NYC is such a hit and miss brand but man did they hit it with this product. It is warm but not orangy and looks very healthy on my skin. Very long lasting, I would definitely recommend this to a lot of people!

This is definitely a hidden gem in the drugstore!!! It is so extremely affordable yet it is absolutely amazing!! Who said you have to pay $30 for a good makeup product!! This is a warm (but not orangey) bronzer that looks so natural while still making your face look tan, slimmed and healthy. It also lasts a really long time!! I have had mine for over a year and have barley hit pan! I would definitely recommend!!!

on 6/25/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after seeing it on Beauty Broadcast (EmilyNoel83). I am very fair with neutral undertones (NW15) and I like to use a light matte bronzer for light contouring & also to warm up my face a bit. To clarify, I really don't do true contouring. I typically just use a bit of matte bronzer on my forehead & lightly under my cheekbones, more to warm up my face, and Sunny is great for that. I think I paid less than $3 for the NYC Sunny. For reference, the packaging is cheap and not fantastic. It is a light brown plastic compact and while it does snap & stay closed, it feels cheap. However, the bronzer itself is well worth putting up with that. Sunny is a slightly warm, light to medium matte bronzer. It is too warm to use it as a true contour; If you're looking for a cool or neutral tone for contouring, you won't want to use this. However, for my usage, it works great. It isn't too red, orange, shimmery, muddy, crazy dark, or any of the other negatives that typically come with drugstore bronzers. Sunny gives a very natural look, and it's easy to apply and blend. This is just a great, inexpensive matte bronzer, particularly for those with fair or light skintones. It does lean warm, so it's probably going to work better for the "NWs" (cool or neutral toned folks). I have one of these in my travel kit and just bought one for an everyday user in my regular stash. It's so cheap, I'll always have this on hand.

This is my favourite bronzer!! ~~it has good pigmentation~~the color would be good for most skin tones~~it's matte!~~ good for everyday use~~this can double up as an eyeshadow I use this in my crease if I am in a rush in the morning and don't have the time to worry about eyeshadow~~it's super cheap!! I got mine at target for only $2.99!~~there is a good amount of product that comes in the little pan~~has a mirror~~the only down side is that the packaging isn't the best but since it's so cheap if I broke it I would defiantly go and buy another one~~overall I defiantly recommend!

on 6/16/2014 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. I would never buy a sparkly bronzer, that is what blush is for! This is great for my very fair skin when I contour. Great basic bronzer, and a very universal shade I think.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I picked this up for £1.99 from Superdrug (UK) after hearing a lot of talk about it on YouTube & it's a really great bronzer at a total bargain price! The colour is perfect for me - not too light, not too dark & not too orangey! It also applies very smoothly & evenly (just like the name suggests). The packaging is plastic & cheap but it is sturdy & secure. It also comes with a mirror so for the price, you really can't complain. I would 100% repurchase this!