New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

This has quickly become my favourite bronzer of all time. It's one of the only bronzers I've ever tried that actually adds WARMTH to my skin rather than just making my face look orange/red. I've heard people compare this to Benefit's HOOLA bronzer, but from trying both of them myself I can definitely say that they are completely different in colour. Sunny is very warm toned whereas Hoola is quite neutral toned (I LOVE hoola for contouring!). I would definitely not recommend Sunny for contouring unless you have VERY warm toned skin, however as an all over bronzer it's absolutely amazing, plus it's dirt cheap.

on 9/28/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I swear, there's so many products I want to give 3.5 lippies but end up giving them 4 since A) it's not possible and B) they're a steal, so I rather round up. This is one of them. This stuff is dirt cheap! So I think I will make sure to always keep one handy, whether it's in my purse, traveling, or an apocalypse. It's pigmented and blends easily. I wouldn't call it buttery smooth but it's definitely not chalky. I bought this after I tried NYX bronzer and didn't like the reddish tones in it. This sunny bronzer definitely can pull orange if you're not careful. This bronzer looks great when I'm pale but a little too orange when I'm tan. I wouldn't use this as a contour but rather a bronzer to give warmth to the face; around the temples and lightly in the hollow of cheeks. Overall I'd buy it again but I will be looking for a bronzer a little more brown/cool toned.

on 9/26/2015 2:55:00 PM

I am fair (NW15-20) and I have a NARS duo of Laguna/Orgasm but Laguna is too dark for my skin, and the shimmer bothers me. So I was looking for a bronzer that wouldn't break the bank but would look natural. I don't really see orange on my skin like some of the other reviewers. On me, it actually picks up the pink in my skin and looks a tad pinkish brown. Sort of like a slight burn that is turning tan. The packaging is very cheap plastic and it is difficult to snap the case shut. It's not great quality but I didn't expect that it would be for under $5.

Almost perfect dupe for Hoola Bronzer. But be careful because this is kinda orange. But so far i like it plus this is cheap.

It goes on nicely, is cheap and the packaging is nice but the color seems too orange to me.

on 7/30/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I understand the hype of this product!
PROS: affordable, looks natural, it makes my skin look soft, buildable. It just gives your skin a beautiful color!

CONS: you only get a little bit of product, the packaging is a bit cheap but I can't complain cuz it's pretty inexpensive

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. Looked muddy and orange on my skin so I gave it to my sister. She put it on and got so frustrated with how terrible it looked that she threw it across the room and it shattered. Save the money, buy ELF

on 6/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is as good as it gets when you're talking about drugstore bronzes.
It is slightly orange (the least orange drugstore bronzer I've tried though) and therefore I wouldn't use it to contour. On the other side I could use this to warm up my skin though I barely use it for that purpose.
I actually like how this looks as a blush for my NW15 fair skin and that's how I use it.
It gives a pretty sunkissed look.
Overall I like it :)

on 6/22/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer so much. I just wish it came in more shades. The packaging is great. There is a good sized mirror and the compact snaps firmly shut. The sponge that came with it is pretty much useless. The bronzer itself is a light, warm brown that looks amazing on my light-medium Asian complexion. Doesn't look orange on me, just warm. It blends well, is super finely milled, and nicely pigmented. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy contouring though, as it is way too warm for that. I use this bronzer everyday and would recommend it to anyone that is in the light to medium skin tone spectrum.

on 6/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using NYC's Sunny bronzer for probably the last 7 years? I use it as a sort of "transition color" for my cheeks and apply it before I do my bronzing and contouring. After I apply my tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder, I use a brush to apply this near my temples, cheeks, and neckline . . . then do my bronzing and contouring over it. It just helps warm up my face, and helps my other products to blend easier. I'm tanned (NC42?), so this is not orange on me. I've never had any problems with this breaking me out or causing skin issues. I have repurchased many times. This may not be THE BEST out there, but it works well for me. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it? lol