New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

It goes on nicely, is cheap and the packaging is nice but the color seems too orange to me.

on 7/30/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I understand the hype of this product!
PROS: affordable, looks natural, it makes my skin look soft, buildable. It just gives your skin a beautiful color!

CONS: you only get a little bit of product, the packaging is a bit cheap but I can't complain cuz it's pretty inexpensive

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. Looked muddy and orange on my skin so I gave it to my sister. She put it on and got so frustrated with how terrible it looked that she threw it across the room and it shattered. Save the money, buy ELF

on 6/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is as good as it gets when you're talking about drugstore bronzes.
It is slightly orange (the least orange drugstore bronzer I've tried though) and therefore I wouldn't use it to contour. On the other side I could use this to warm up my skin though I barely use it for that purpose.
I actually like how this looks as a blush for my NW15 fair skin and that's how I use it.
It gives a pretty sunkissed look.
Overall I like it :)

on 6/22/2015 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer so much. I just wish it came in more shades. The packaging is great. There is a good sized mirror and the compact snaps firmly shut. The sponge that came with it is pretty much useless. The bronzer itself is a light, warm brown that looks amazing on my light-medium Asian complexion. Doesn't look orange on me, just warm. It blends well, is super finely milled, and nicely pigmented. I wouldn't recommend this for heavy contouring though, as it is way too warm for that. I use this bronzer everyday and would recommend it to anyone that is in the light to medium skin tone spectrum.

on 6/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using NYC's Sunny bronzer for probably the last 7 years? I use it as a sort of "transition color" for my cheeks and apply it before I do my bronzing and contouring. After I apply my tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder, I use a brush to apply this near my temples, cheeks, and neckline . . . then do my bronzing and contouring over it. It just helps warm up my face, and helps my other products to blend easier. I'm tanned (NC42?), so this is not orange on me. I've never had any problems with this breaking me out or causing skin issues. I have repurchased many times. This may not be THE BEST out there, but it works well for me. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it? lol

on 5/27/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The quality/value is definitely good for the price, but the hype surrounding NYC Sunny seems to be due to the fact that it's "a matte drugstore bronzer that isn't THAT orange!" But, um, it's still pretty darn orange. It's not completely unusable or anything (the texture is average or maybe slightly above average), but eventually I just tossed out my compact because I never reached for it when there are SO many more flattering/natural shades of bronzer out there.

on 5/13/2015 11:40:00 PM

This bronzer is just ok. Flimsy packaging (It's NYC what do you expect?)
Sponge inside is useless.

Will not buy again.

on 5/6/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this a couple years ago and I didn't like it much, it was not pigmented at all and was dry. I had to scrub my brush into the pan to pick up product and it was a bit orange to me. I re-purchased recently because theres new packaging (a half moon mirror, half moon see thru packaging and it says city proof 10HR) which i don't know how new it is or if its even relevant but I thought id give it a shot since it was so popular (i know the hype around this bronzer kinda died down but who cares) I'm not sure if my last one was a dud or if everyones was like that but I was confused why everyone loved it.
This newer one I picked up was really different to me. It was actually pigmented and easy to blend. I have nothing bad to say about it. The packaging is fine, its smooth to the touch and swatches nicely. I don't know really what else to say but I think it's really lovely and I'd repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The number 1 reason I love this is because it's matte. No glitter! It's a great price, lasts a long time, you don't need much, and it's a pretty color. Not too dark or orange.