La Mer The Concentrate

La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

3.9

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/24/2008 3:40:00 PM

It works miracle on me!
I was desperate to get rid of the big hard painful breakouts on my forehead. This cleared my skin quite soon, a couple of weeks. I am on my 5th jar of this.
The package is not so good. I can see there is still some left in the bottom and on the wall of the jar but can not get it out. Given it is so expensive, I want to clean the jar.

on 5/14/2008 11:40:00 PM

I have a burn scar on my upper lip from 8 years ago. Tried everything from Obagi (horrible), Strivectin, Vitamin E, Shahnaz Hussein etc etc etc. Most of the times I felt it burn whilst applying these products.I'd then scratch and make it worse!
The SA at La Mer was kind to give me a sample to try. I did not notice anything with the sample in terms of scar reduction but it felt softer and no burning...really calming. A week later i went and bought the bottle eventhough it was so bloody pricey. I was just fed up with this scar and the jokes calling me 'Hitler'.

It's been close to 2 weeks now, and I notice that it is a tiny bit lighter on my upper lip scar. I also apply a little on my acne marks and that is significantly improved.

I will update this when the scar is >70% less so that you guys can decide if it is money well spent.

The SA gave me some radiance lotion sample to try...cant say much about that though

on 3/9/2008 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

yes this product is expensive.However, if you have major scars, this is the product to run to!I cannot express how much this product has changed the huge scars I had on my scalp.Tried just about every scar product there is out there, then one day I received a sample of this and have been hooked since! It is worth every penny!!

Side note, Paula Begoun does not recommend this product! Can you believe that? She thinks the Concentrate is can irritate skin? That poor lady does not know what she is missing!! HA HA!

on 3/3/2008 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I went to Neiman Marcus this weekend for the Beauty Event. I had been traveling (plane) non-stop for the past four weeks for work. It had taken a toll on my skin. I used to use La Mer a few years ago until I moved to South Florida. The Creme was just too heavy so I switched to the Amore Pacific line which I have loved until recently.

I approached the La Mer counter...reconsidering. The sales associate asked if I had just had just had my face waxed...LOL I guess that's how bad my skin looked. I told her that I had been traveling a lot lately. She asked me to have a seat and she applied The Concentrate. I was hesitant because I did not want to irritate my skin anymore than it already was. But I was feeling good that day. Within 5-10 minutes, my skin was so smooth and normal...as if I hadn't had ''my face waxed''. I could not believe it.

I didn't buy it because I received a free sample after purchasing the Moisturizing Gel and other products. I have been using the free sample daily and my face is soooo relieved. My skin looks absolutely beautiful. La Mer is certainly worth it. I don't know why I ever left. Now, I am going to replace my Amore Pacific products with La Mer.

I will definitely purchase this product!

This product is hands down the best i have ever used and i have used ALOT!! beautiful texture and finish once applied to the skin i just cant get over how soft and re-balanced the skin feels. i love this product so much that i get excited when i apply it because i know its doing so much for my skin. Better than the original creme in my opinion but then again it should be because its the concentrate.
very expensive but very worth it.

on 10/3/2007 3:03:00 PM

If you have oily or combo skin please step away from this product as far as possible...first 2 days it felt like magic. My skin looked great, supple and plump. but day 3 all little bumps over my forehead, my chin. YUK...
But I honestly have to say I have had no surgery or laser treatment and just used it for acne scars. I purchased samples through Ebay. Perhaps if you really have a skin condition I think this could help. Just for fun...don't

on 5/14/2007 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in my mid-forties and have very dry skin. I was using the lifting serum and intensifier in addition to the Creme de la Mer and with the exception that I was still a bit dry, the results were quite amazing. I contacted a specialist at La Mer who suggested that I try the Concentrate to use at night instead of the serum to soothe the sensitivies in my skin. Even though the cost of the Concentrate is quite high, I thought I would give it a try based on the results I had experienced with the other La Mer products and if I wasn't satisfied with the purchase, I could alway return the product to Neiman Marcus. I must say, for me, the Concentrate is absolutely phenomenal. My skin is smoother than it has been in many, many years and the dryness is completely diminished. As far as the cost is concerned, such a small amount of product is needed that this one bottle will probably last 8-10 months or so. For my particular concerns, this product is truly great!

on 12/9/2006 11:57:00 AM

This is a wonderful product. I first received it as a sample and decided to apply it to a bumpy scar (eraser head size) that I have under my left eye. I could not belieive it! The scar slowly began to flatten out and become far less noticable. Even my dermatologist was impressed. When I ran out my sample I talked it over with the La Mer rep at Saks and decided to switch to the eye balm. It is less expensive and contains some of the concentrate. The results are not as dramatic, but I am happy with them. If I could afford it, I would buy the concentrate. It is wonderful!
Update: BEWARE OF BUMPY WHITE SCARS on your face. What I thought was a small scar was actually skin cancer! I have never been a sun person. I always wear SPF15+ and hats and stay in the shade. So if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. It is unfortuante that my dermatologist looked at it for four years without realizing what it was. I finally insisted on a biopsy last month and will have surgery in a few days. I may be scarred, but I will live. Everyone please respect your skin and protect it from UV exposure from the sun and tanning salons.
UPDATE: Well after four surgeries (one plastic) and thirty stitches in my face I am now cancer free. I have been using the concentrate on my scar and people are amazed at how nicely it is healing. I am also using Curad Scar Therapy bandages each night and I did have a really excellent surgeon. Bottom line: Wear suncreen!!!

I know you want to try everything that La Mer has to offer, but you have got to get a grip on where fantasy starts and reality ends. This is the worst product I have tried in their line. First of all, it smells like Lavendar. That's great but what the heck does Lavender have to do with the sea? I loved the way their face serums smell and expected something similar. Also, the main ingredient here is slicone or a synthetic version of slicone so get ready to have that weird smooth, makeup primer feeling. That Idealist by Estee Lauder feel. Only this cost about 10 times as much. The packaging is cool no doubt, but come on. After using this for three weeks I returned mine. I saw no differences. You are better off using the money and buying a larger jar of the creme or trying their serums. If you just had a cosmetic procedure get your doctor to write you a script for something that has studies to back it up--not a marketing department. Bottomline: this is a silicone product--there are a bazillion others on the market that would have the same effect. And most of those do not smell of lavender. Or cost over 300 U.S dollars. Let's come in for a landing people.

on 5/13/2006 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't give into hype. So i was so nit impressed by hearing all the stars that use this line. But, I am willing to give averything a try before I truly judge. Though it was not at the top of my list for things to try, I was given a sample of the concentrate by a colleague of mine and I have to say that I was impressed! Now, I am not one to say that a product is for EVERYONE cuz thats simpy NOT true. We're all different, we all got different needs. But my experience with this was amazing. Ater just one application i woke up with more even skin tone and less noticeable scars from blemishes. Feels lightweight and beautiful. Oh, and one night I burned a spot on my face while curling my hair...dabbed a bit of this on there...no pain, no stinging, and the next day there was no redness or evidence of a burn. If you're thinking of using this product bear in mind that you must use it consistently and with other good skincare habits. SPF is a must...so many people use products to heal hyperpigmentation and scarring but don't wear SPF!! If you don't use SPF you may was well throw away the money you've spent on the product. This is very pricey so I would really just suggest it for skins with extreme sun damage, scarring or trauma.