La Mer The Concentrate

La Mer The Concentrate
The ConcentrateThe ConcentrateLa Mer The Concentrate 5mL, GWP for CDLM 60mL

3.9

2017: Cyclopentasiloxane, Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin) Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate, Limonene, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol *********Cyclopentasiloxane, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Cholosterol, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavandin), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/2/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It has a silicone-based feel to it that spreads nicely (almost like the texture of Smashbox primer) and it is great to apply under makeup. It does help heal redness and flakiness in some people and there were Plastic Surgeons who recommended this after laser procedures. But after two bottles of continuous usage of this product (I tried hard to like it), I admit it has not treated my skin in any way. It ended up serving as a good makeup base...which in all fairness is a ridiculous reason to buy it. I have found greater primers and so I won't buy this again.

on 7/9/2010 5:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OMG! This stuff is AMAZING!Quite a few people said it caused breakouts so I was VERY wary!The lady at the counter, whom is always so kind and friendly to me, gave me a bit of this in a sample pot. I tried it and now Im hooked. I have recently bought the full size product.

I am currently on tretinoin cream and this stuff has really helped reduce the peeling. I have found that I can only see slight peeling at the end of the day.

This product goes on so well, it glides on! I think what may make people break out is not rubbing it in for long enough! I was told the longer you rub it in the better! Its doesnt absorb very well on its own, but if you do rub it in for 1+ minutes its glorious! Scars from pimples looked reduced within a few days, its great!

I am officially a La Mer addict! I use this iso serum, as it is quite rich! I have found however, that I still have to use my Gel de la mer in the day as the concentrate isn't moisturising enough.

This is expensive, 266!Which is massively expensive, BUT per 100ml it is cheaper than the regenerating serum and the lifting face serum, as that come in 30ml bottles! So people say its the most expensive product, which is true, but you get 50ml, so it works out cheaper!

Anyways, I think its an investment!I will update this review if it changes at any point!

UPDATE:

I have now been using the concentrate for 4+ weeks. I am also still on tretinoin, now leaving it on all night! I have found after a few days using the concentrate that I need to use a lot less than I have done. I think this 50ml bottle will prob last about a year, as you use so very little. I still love it, and now finally I have stopped breaking out from the tretinoin and now I can honestly say that the concentrate doesn't break me out! I have started using it under my creme de la mer iso the gel de la mer during the day. Even though I have combination skin I have found once I put makeup over the moisturiser the greasy appearance is gone.

I do still think the concentrate is helping with the scars left from spots which is great, but the best thing is how it leaves my skin very silky!

EDIT: unfortunately I cannot use any La Mer products anymore, the sea kelp breaks me out. I have given everything to my mum. She can use it with no break outs and she loves it

Hope this was helpful!

on 6/13/2010 10:59:00 PM

I just got chickenpox 2 weeks ago...The 2nd week,the pus-filled wounds started to dry..and I received The Concentrate on the 2nd day after they started to dry out.There are many indented scars on my face and body. I have noticed that if the wounds still got scabs attached on and pretty much reddish,The Concentrate will work best as it will fill up..but I got some that I accidentally scratched and the scabs fell off...I do not know if The Concentrate would show a miracle result there...So far,it's been 7 days I have been using it and I can see the improvement. Will update the result lateron :) I know one thing for sure,after this experience, I will definitely be a return customer for The Concentrate :)

Its been over a year since i got my chicken pox. The concentrate has proved me it's miracle that it heals scars nicely. Also,I have returned to use it again after the bottle was empty. It has improved the uneven skin tone from scars and sun damages and smoothen your skin beautifully. I'm giving this review based on a long term user,not just few weeks or days of usage or mixing with other skincare which I found that doesn't allow the product to deliver its best result.

The price is definitely a pain but you will know that this is your best investment in your beauty regime that actually works!

This is an amazing product, im almost 26 and i got a couple of samples of this when i was buying the body moisturiser. I'm a model and i have to try to make sure my skin is in great condition but after a long holiday recently my skin was feeling and looking awful.It was very dry and dehydrated, and with a lot of redness around my nose and a few blemishes and small breakouts after not really being careful taking off my make up at night. On top of all this i also just had some botox literally the day i got this serum and i had horrible red marks from it and some bruising, this serum cleared it all up by around 80% after one nights use!!!! i was sooo shocked!!!! i went to bed with awful red sore skin and woke up with it FLAWLESS. No red marks, no redness around my skin, skin much more hydrated...i continued to apply it every night for a week and my the end, actually by a few days, my skin was could i say...perfect...ok it can never be 'perfect' but yes it was incredibly close to perfect...so smooth and beautiful. Its too heavy for me to use in the day especially as its summer and my skin is very combo anyway so i would be too oily but for a night time treatment, wow theres nothing else like it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

In my opinion, the best product that La Mer has on their line. If I could, I would use this product daily...I just can't afford it any longer :( Not only did fine lines disappear, but I had a small cyst removed from my cheek which would have left a nasty scar but for this product. I have also used it after a sunburn and the redness immediately disappeared. I nursed that bottle until the bitter end (almost broke the bottle to get the last bits!) I hope I win the lotto soon because I want more!

Today I bought the Patricia Wexler MMPI skin regenerating serum...we'll see how that goes!

on 5/14/2010 4:21:00 PM

It's absorbed very quick, and help minimise my prone, and a little bit lift as well. But I just can't use it with La Mer Cream, otherwise I'll have scrap on my face. Don't know why

on 3/20/2010 10:09:00 AM

I really enjoyed using this serum. It makes your skin feel like silk and it does hydrate. I've used it in tandem with the cream and my skin is more hydrated, and the contours are defined more. I am wondering exactly where I would fit this in, as I use a vitamin c serum of a night. I think this, and the creme would be too heavy to use in the morning. Nevertheless, lovely serum, it does seem to heal and cocoon your skin. Thumbs up from moi!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

i have acne prone skin with more towards my period. i used this on my healing blemishes to clear up the redness and help them heal faster without leaving a scar. it definitely helped to diminish redness/flakiness. however after a weak i broke out around the areas that i used it. it also makes your skin feel greasy and gross.
if you have young skin, seriously think twice before using this.

on 10/18/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best ever serum I've ever used. Gets rid of redness, line, pores, reduces and calms breakouts, and gives me a instant better complexion instantly.

It's the most expensive product in the La Mer range, but only 2 drops are needed for my entire face.

This helped me with my redness and sensitivity when I was on roaccutane too. I'm now off roc for over a year and I continue to use this and it's awesome!

on 9/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i got a sample of the concentration and i tried it since last week. i found the concentration works great for new acne scar, unfortunetely not really effective on old acne scars. i really should had this product 2 month early when my face totally broke out. And this concentrate is really expensive, but i think it can use for a long time.