Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product keeps my skin hydrated at times, my skin also feels tightened. My skin absorbs this product really quickly and does not feel oily or dry. However, I do not like the consistency of this product. I feel that it feels too light to the point it feels a little watery. Also it is expensive ($33) compared to other similar products I have used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Though this is not my HG moisturizer (still searching), it seems to do the trick, obviously, as I am on my second tube. This moisturizer goes on nicely, slightly greasy feel but, absorbs rather quickly and no breakouts to date (started using it almost 1 year ago). I will buy this again but, continue to search for my HG.

I'm on my third tube. great for spring/fall. can be a little oily in humid weather and not moisturizing enough in cold cold windy winter. I live in san francisco and use it all year round.
you'll see the result. whenever i stop using it my skin starts to have problems.

This is a great lotion! It does a great job both moisturizing and clearing my skin. I used it all up first as I used it about twice a day. I would get it again on its own. I like it more than Proactiv's clearing lotion.

I use this once a day after my murad cleanser. I use a more moisturizing cream at night. I like how this cleanser keeps me shine and oil free I also love the smell! It hasnt broken me out...I will purchase this again :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have the one for normal/combination skin and I think this is one of the better moisturizers I've tried. I am almost done w/ my first tube/bottle and it has not caused me to break out and might have even helped clear up my skin. I still have problems, but it's definitely better.

When I first used this product, I thought it helped control my oily skin a little (I'd still get greasy, but it seemed like less), but now...I don't think it's doing much in that department anymore. During the winter, this was not moisturizing for enough parts of my face, and I ended up with flakey skin and oily t-zone...yuck, but still better than having a lot of acne.

Still on the look out for an HG moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is very calming to the red splotches on my skin. Very soothing, soaks in easily yet still very hydrating, non-greasy, doesn't break me out, no fragrance and a little goes a long way! I finally found my HG moisturizer for nighttime! :)
***update 3/3/09***
This is still great! Has really helped clear up my skin, love the smell and so hydrating!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using the Murad acne kit for about 2 months now, and if there's one product out of that whole line-up that I can't live without, it's the Perfecting Lotion! I've had so much bad luck with lotions breaking me out, no matter how oil-free, hypoallergenic, natural or organic it is. I absolutely love putting this stuff on my face. Just a pea sized amount is enough. My skin eats it up, and feels velvety smooth after it dries (doesn't take long), and does not feel greasy or sting. It literally makes me want to keep touching my skin again and again--but I stop, because it probably doesn't help prevent more blemishes lol. It's very balanced and soothing. I am going to save up and buy a huge jug of this one day. My only con is that it is a bit expensive, but worth every penny. I was hoping the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle would be a less expensive version of this, but I had to stop using it because it breaks me out, as most SPF infused creams/lotions do for me. Anyway, if you can get your hands on a sample of the perfecting lotion, make sure to clean your face really well before you put it on... and feel the difference :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Finally gave up on this and threw it in the trash last night. I bought the Murad acne complex kit two months ago, got great results for the first two weeks, and nothing but bad breakouts ever since then. I tried to isolate the products and use them one at a time to see which ones were irritating my skin the most. Yesterday I used only this product from the line, and two hours after I applied it my skin began to look red and bumpy. Maybe I'm sensitive to the retinol or another ingredient, but I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. Too bad because I liked the texture and the mattifying effect. Think I am going to have to pitch the whole kit though, my skin has never looked this bad.

I'm torn on this product. It works well, if you do not use the same regimen as I do, and if you don't have terribly dry skin.

I am oily/combination, and used the acne exfoliating gel (bha) with tretinoin. THe skin perfecting lotion was great, except in winter. Then my face dried out horrifically. This was too much on top of the bha and tretinoin. I switched to CeraVe with stellar results.

I would only recommend this to someone who doens't have dry skin already, and isn't using as much product that can already dry out their skin. Also, this is at least twice the price of CeraVe moisturizing lotion, so the benefits aren't even worth the price.