Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

This is a review for the skin perfecting lotion Age Reform. I bought this for my 16 year old son who has combination skin which reacts to everything ... Except this! recommended after he got a facial in a skincare clinic. He had acne on his forehead and several blackheads on his nose. His skin is looking so much better and feels so soft. He uses this with md formulations facial cleanser ( with glyclolic)

I suffer from large cystic acne and I use benzaclin every night as a topical medication. The benzaclin does dry out my face from time to time so I needed a moisturizer to put on in the morning so my makeup wouldn't cling to the dry skin. When I went to Ulta to pick out my moisturizer, the lady told me that Murad products usually don't do anything, but I didn't listen to her and I bought the perfecting lotion anyways. Basically, I should have listened. Not only is this lotion very expensive for what you get, it doesn't moisturize AND it clogged my pores. This gave me not large cysts but those little under-the-skin bumps that seem almost impossible to get rid of. Today I really noticed a drastic increase in all these bumps so I had to start examining all the products I use... and what do you know! This lotion has pore-clogging ingredients like Algea Extract. The only thing I liked about it was that it wore well under makeup, as many moisturizers don't. That's why I gave it a two. I hope that I can find my receipt so that I can get my money back. Doubt I'll be buying Murad ever again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After I swapped out the Pill for an IUD, my acne came back. Major bummer! I am two weeks into the 30 day system/sample pack, and this lotion is the third 'step.' I am using the full combo (clarifying cleanser, exfoliating acne treatment gel, skin perfecting location) twice a day. I really love the whole kit, but it doesn't do much to prevent dryness. I am going to start slowly phasing out this step and seeing if my go-to Aveeno moisturizer works in its place.

The info sheet does say that you may experience some increase in acne at the beginning, as the lotions push all your gunk up and out, and that happened a little to me. But ever since it has been great. Now that I've settled into the routine, I have had only two instances of acne, and they were 'surface' acne, not deep in the skin with several days to show up and recover. They are simple to remove and heal almost instantly.

I will finish out the 30 day pack and will see how the Aveeno switch out is going. Even though it's expensive, they do provide a visual of how big an amount you should be using, and it's very small and reasonable. So far, a worthwhile investment.

I pair this with my PTR Gentle Foaming Cleanser, and with this, it makes my skin smoother than a baby's butt. I don't even use that much. It's fragrance free as far as I can tell, which I also love because I usually break out it it is.

I have sensitive-combo skin, and I love how soft and visibly brighter it makes my skin. While I only have a sample bottle now, I will definitely be buying when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. I've used all sorts of moisturisers and this is one of my favorites. It's absorbed quickly, and doesn't leave my face oily. It can be used under foundation and won't make it flake, or wear off early. The only downfall is the smell and the fact that it doesn't have spf. The smell... is awful. Mine smells like sour milk and shea? It's not turned, or anything, because it's the second tube I've bought with the smell. If you're sensitive to smells, don't buy this!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my HG lotion. I have been consistently using this for the last 4 months and have had great results from it. I use it after the other products in the acne care line. I love the fact that you need only a very small amount (the size of a pea) to get really great hydration. My skin usually reacts to a lot of moisturizers. It reacts by breaking out more or by getting red, but I didn't have that problem with this one. It absorbs really well and soothes my skin and evens my skin tone. It makes my concealer glide on really well and it doesn't make my face look like I dipped my face in olive oil. The only downside to this is that it smells a bit like dill when you first put it on your skin--not sure why or what is in it to make it smell like that.
On days when my skin is a bit red around my nose/mouth area I like to mix a bit of the Sensitive Skin serum by Murad with this lotion.
I used this in the dead of summer when it was warm and humid and found it worked just as great as it is now that the temperatures are getting cooler.
Since buying this I have thrown out all my other moisturizers that I was loyal to. I would rather pay the extra $ for this and know it's not going to end up in the trash can.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This moisturizer was part of the acne kit I got after ordering from the infomercial. I have to say that I did not like any of the products in the system. I have never had worse acne than when I was using this product. It wasn't moisturizing enough after using the cleanser and exfoliant that was part of the kit. My skin was very oily soon after application and somehow still red and dry with little flakies all over. I tried stopping use of the other products in the kit and using this with other cleansers and it still was not working for me. I kept breaking out and I did give it a fair go, tried it for over 2 months.

After reading reviews I was thrilled to try this product. However it is not the product I would ever buy again. First impression was very good. The packaging is great, love the tube. Smell I do not like it too much but I can live with it, it has kind off medicated lotion smell, but it does not linger for too long. It moisturizes very well, but it is on the heavy side I think so I though it is better as a night moisturizer. I have tried it during the day and was good, it did not get oily and make up looked good (although I do use the primer). Now after using it for a week I have noticed that I have lots of little tiny pimples all over my forehead, chin and cheeks. I was not sure if it was this product or the primer which was also a new product. So I did the elimination test which showed that Murad Skin Perfecting lotion actually messed up my skin (it did go away in 3 days after I stopped using this moisturizer).

I absolutely love this. A slightly thicker consistency than Dermalogica Active Moist, which makes it more ideal for winter. The tube doesn't leak any product either which Active Moist always does (annoyingly). It has a very slight citrus smell which is pleasant. I don't know about it's acne-reducing qualities but I don't think it makes it worse. It feels like a good quality product but is about half the price of other moisturisers I love such as Chanel Hydramax.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin so finding a moisturizer is very hard. So far this is the only one that actually calms my skin while not clogging my pores. I love it! I've found other Murad products to be less effective-but this is the exception.