Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

3.7

Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol,Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Retinol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract , Honey Extract (Mel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Goes on smooth but always looks greasy on my skin, a little shiny no matter how much I try to smooth it in. It feels like it sits on top. Also I'm not sure if it made me break out or not, I have very oily acne-prone skin, which got worse after using but my skin will do that regardless. I have switched to Neutrogena Oil-Free for sensitive skin and huge difference.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Before using this product I used Clinique's moisturizing gel which was ok but never noticed much of an improvement in my skin. I have super sensitive acne prone skin and this product has not only prevented acne breakouts but it has also improved my complexion. I still use the rest of my Clinique gel for the super dry area such as around my eyes and around my chin and neck. I love this product and consider it by far the best lotion I have ever used.

Eyes: Violet

This stuff is amazing! It's seen me through oily skin, oratane (accutane) and was heavy enough for that, and also when my skin was literally flaking off from benzoyl peroxide! But the best thing about this is that it doesn't break me out! Holy grail tbh

I am using “Skin Perfecting Lotion” for almost a month time (mornings & evenings). In spite it has a very light consistency the lotion hydrates the skin quite well. It also controls oil production during the day. I feel like my skin looks really good, neither oily nor dry, it stays soft and healthy looking. Besides, it doesn’t clog my pores. In general, I am happy with the lotion.
The ingredients list is good. It contains Retinol (it is the 7th in the list), Grape Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (=green tea), Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Oat Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Flower Extract, Honey Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol (=vitamin E), Algae Extract, etc.
The packaging is excellent. I have good control over how much lotion I need to squeeze from the tube and it looks hygienic.
The price is 30 euro for 50ml.
The only reasons I gave it 4 stars and not 5 are: 1. it doesn’t tighten or minimize my pores. 2. It doesn’t contain SPF. 3. It doesn’t really keep under control breakouts (at least not as good as Murad Oil-Control Mattifier).
P.S. by the way my tube looks a bit different rather than on the photo here, it is not with blue but grey lines in front, and under "Murad" is written Age Reform. Everything else looks the same.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have really annoying skin. Almost all moisturizers cause me to get clogged pores & break out, but I also have very dry & flaky areas. This is the only moisturizer I've found that works for me. It's light, absorbs well, takes care of my dry areas, & doesn't break me out. It's awesome. I'd like a life-time supply, please! Lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OVERALL RATING:
I would absolutely give this moisturizer a four because it is the first moisturizer that has not disappointed me. It dries to a finish that is not matte but is also not dewy, which is perfect for me; it causes no acne, and perhaps even helps to keep it at bay, and is an oil-free lightweight moisturizer that works well for me in all seasons. It absorbs quickly, too, and a little goes a long way (I also believe it minimizes pores). Some people have written that this is just an average moisturizer, and I suppose that I would agree in a sense. This does not perform any miraculous tricks; it simply nourishes my skin, acts as a great primer for makeup, keeps the dryness away, and seems to balance perfectly. And again, it does not cause acne, and that is what I look for most in a moisturizer.

PRICE:
Meh. I think the price is a bit steep for the quantity, but I will continue to purchase as long as this moisturizer continues to perform as well as I expect it to.

PACKAGING QUALITY:
Ahh, and here comes my foremost grievance with the product... I rated it as a four, yes, seeing as I have purchased this repeatedly and only had a problem with one package.
Last time I purchased this, I wasn't even halfway through the tube before there were two breaks in the nozzle (whatever you call the rings where you screw the lid back in place, and where the moisturizer comes out). One came before the other, but it resulted in a HUGE waste of product because 3/4 of what I squeezed out would go through the breaks in the packaging and ooze into a messy glob on my floor/dresser/not my face before I could even use it.
I doubt that this will occur again, however, because it never has before. If it does, I will take it up with the company itself before deciding not to repurchase... I really like this moisturizer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was just an average moisturizer for me. It did well enough to replenish the skin after cleansing but didn't soften lines, even skin tone; caused some white heads as well. Pure serums worked better for me, so much so that I never even finished this - just moved on to something else. Very average. There is much better out there.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

HG status! On searching reviews by skin type, it seems those with drier skin have greater success with this product, and I definitely fall into that category. My skin is dry and break out prone, so I tend to hesitate when changing products. I had this for years before trying it (received in gratis), and am I ever glad I did! It leaves my skin well moisturized, yet not greasy, and it doesn't irritate the eye area. With continued use, my skin began looking more even in tone, and...glowing! Post-facial looking, you might say. I'm completely sold.

I got a sample of this, and I have to say I really, really love it.I have combination skin and I'm prone to occasional breakouts. This smooths out any dry patches I have on my face without making my oily areas shinier. The texture is pretty thin and a little gel-like, so it absorbs quickly into the skin, making it great for use under foundation. My face feels super smooth and hydrated when I use this, but not at all greasy. It's also nice that this has no smell whatsoever. I don't think this has "perfected" my skin at all, but I don't use the whole entire Murad system. Overall, this is one of the best moisturizers I've tried. I will likely buy the full size, even though $33 to me is a little pricey for a moisturizer.

Did not mattify my skin at all- in fact, it made it oilier. I have a very oily t-zone and am looking for something to spot treat my nose with (my HG mattifying lotion got discontinued). Quite pricey and it smells kind of funny. Will not be repurchasing.