Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

3.6

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is just not a very good mascara. It clumps after just using it for a week or so. And it smudges. It makes my lashes a little longer, but doesn't do much, if anything, for volume. And yet they keep giving it away with their GWPs.

Smudges. 'Nuff said. The ONLY mascara that NEVER smudges is not a mascara -- it's Lancome's Brow Expert Modele Sourcils. Wonderful! I've used it for 10 years. Just bought another Definicils Waterproof, wondering if maybe I'd misjudged it 5 years back, but nope -- smudges. Two coats of Brow Expert (in brunet) provides all the definition I need for daytime -- three for nighttime -- and if I'm too lazy to take it off at night, by morning it has simply disappeared. No raccoon eyes ever. $20. When the product is almost gone, that's when I use it for my eyebrows (otherwise I brush on the tiniest bit of Maybelline Ultra-Brow, in dark brown).

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this several months ago, it's a good product. But from my own experience, it didn't differ much from Max Factor WP 2000 Calories, Maybelline WP Full & Soft & L'oreal Voluminous WP all in black color. I have straight, Asian eyelashes & apply my mascara using the tip of the brush & swipe it vertically left-right across the lashes after I have curled them (from observing a makeup artist). That way I would less likely to have clumps from happening. Then I recurl & reapply another mascara coat & then recurl.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok i bought this product after seeing it in all these magazines and looking at store sites and seeing it as the bestseller. i got it off ebay and couldn't wait to try it. One thing i have to say the color isn't the best theres only black, brown and blue, i got black and it looks like dark grey not good at all. but this stuff does lenghthen like crazy! which i need cause i have short thin lashes. It thickens a bit and it's a bit runny but otherwise its great. i wish i didn't get the waterproof version though cause its hell to take off. I litterly have to scrub it off after i wash my face with eye makeup remover.

I have plenty of mascaras (DiorShow, Hypnose, Clinique's High Impact), but I can't be without Definicils. It's my HG mascara! At first I had trouble w/ my first tube because it was dried out when I purchased it (be careful where u buy it from), but I simply returned it for one that didn't smell so bad: This mascara doesn't clump, flake or smudge for me. It makes the illusion that i have very long curly eyelashes (I have short & stick straight Asian lashes) - definitely lengthens & holds a curl for me for the rest of the day. It is truly waterproof - I had waves hit me at the beach and still had it on. Easy to remove w/ Clinique's Take the day off makeup remover. I purchased mine on e-bay for half the so it wasn't that bad. & When I want something more dramatic, I simply put Diorshow over for more volume. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm a drugstore mascara girl--my current fave is Maybelline's Full and Soft--but I had the opportunity to pick this up cheap at a flea market, so I decided to go for it. Immediately, I liked the thinner-sized tube (can't stand those overly fat mascaras!) and the stiff-bristled brush. The product is a bit on the dry side, but I much prefer that to wet and gloppy. There wasn't too much product on the brush, and it was easy to apply. I definitely noticed a lengthening effect beyond what I've seen with any other mascara, which was great because it made my small eyes look much more open. Also, the product stayed put all day long, absolutely no smudging or flaking. My only slight disappointment was that it left my lashes looking a bit thin and sparse; I guess I'm used to the fullness I get from my everyday mascara, Full and Soft. I will continue to use Definicils for times when I particular want more length, and I've found that I can layer it with my Full and Soft to get both the length and fullness I want. I would repurchase this if I could get it for a discount again, but I would not pay full price.

Love this stuff. I've seen other reviews about Definicils being smudgy, but if you get it in the Waterproof formula, it stays put until you take it off. I do about 3 swipes, which some would say is two too many, but I don't know of any mascara that is truly "one coat". Sure, a one-coat mascara may be great...for the lashes you reach with it on one swipe. But I think most people have to do more than one swipe to reach every lash anyway. The color of this mascara stays true, and I wore this in Black to Disneyland...in July...and there was not a smudge to speak of. And I sweat, believe me. I am on my 4th or 5th tube of this. I wear it to work every day, and on weekends as well. I have yet to see the Waterproof formula of Definicils smudge, flake, cake, or anything else negative. Will definitely continue purchasing this. Will probably have it on in my casket. Bet it won't smudge then, either. LOL

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

On one of my regular visits to the Lancome counter to purchase Definicils, the lady talked me into trying Hypnose. Big mistake! Definicils, I'm back! Definicils has a great waterproof quality, that doesn't flake easily. It gives the lashes the right amount of definition and volume without looking too fake and clumpy. I won't be swayed again!

This almost would've been my HG mascara if I hadn't given Hypnose a try. But this mascara rocked, it really defined my lashes and blackened them nicely. It started to flake a little and I think it irritated my contact lenses, but maybe because it was a waterproof formula. It's great.

Yea, it's pricey - but what a mascara! I use exclusively waterproof, and this one is definitely one of the best I've ever tried. It lengthens beautifully, no clumping, and *stays put* until I take it off, absolutely no smudging (I wear creamy concealer, and smudging is a problem even with waterproof mascara). If you're a waterproof lover, this is a must-try!