Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

3.6

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

I was not overly impressed with this mascera compared to all of the other high end masceras that I have used before. There was nothing special about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used Definifils Waterproof in black for years now. It's as good as a waterproof mascara is going to get. Pros: Great brush, gives long almost clump-free lashes, waterproof as all heck and almost flakeproof. Cons: Some days the same tube works better than on other days (don't know why), dries out quickly, can be a tad clumpy if you apply more than 2-3 coats, dryish so it can flake a bit and the price, of course. Also, for some reason it's also hit-or-miss on buying a good tube. Tips: make sure to place brush at very base of lashes and glide slowy from base to tip, let dry in between coats and every once in a while (when too much mascara comes out of tube on the wand), wipe excess off w/ a tissue. Best waterproof mascara on the market now, almost perfect but there is room for slight improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My previous HG was Prescriptives' mascara and it's been hard to find a suitable replacement but Definicils comes pretty close. I use waterproof mascara because I have oily lids, so I can't speak to its waterproof properties in actual water but I can say this doesn't cause too much in the way of raccoon eyes. It separates nicely and doesn't look too clumpy. I'd say this is a good mascara if you want to look like you have naturally beautiful lashes (which I do) but not if you want Zooey Deschanel in false eyelashes-type volume.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For those who wear contact lenses, be aware of this product. It sticks on your contacts, clumps, burns non-stop and makes your eyes feel heavy. I personally hated it. I'm not into waterproof products anyway. I recommend touch proof ones and regular lancome mascaras are much better.

After reading and hearing so much about Lancme mascaras I thought I'd give it a try, so I purchased this one through Brigette's Boutique for a reasonable price (something like 20 dollars). I was incredibly disappointed.

First of all, I thought there was a problem with my product because it was very very dry. So I went online and after reading some other reviews I saw that this was not my bad luck - that's just how the product is. So it is very dry and because of that incredibly hard to build it up without looking clumpy. It lenghtens ok and separates, but honestly, my Colossal from Maybelline does a better job than that. Oh, and even the Maybelline mascaras come off easier than this one. It is IMPOSSIBLE to take this off and in the effort I lost a lot of lashes.

And the packaging... It NEVER really closes. So it makes even easier to dry out.

So, maybe this is just the waterproof version, but I really hated it. Now I'm back to my Eyeko one, which at the time I bought this Lancome one I couldn't buy because it was out of stock. The Eyeko continues to be the best mascara for me: it lenghtens ans separates and it is sooo black.

This is the best mascara on the market for those of us with poker straight, thick lashes. We have unique problems. Once my lashes are curled I need to apply a waterproof formula mascara in order for the curl to stay. And not all waterproof mascaras are formulated the same way. I've purchased some WPF mascaras that, while they may be waterproof, don't hold the curl. This mascara does it all. My curl stays in my lashes until I remove this mascara and NONE of this mascara deposits under my eye - NONE. I can't always afford to purchase this mascara and sometimes settle with great lash waterproof mascara but it just isn't the same. I try to purchase this mascara when there is a bonus on which Lancme often features. I remove this mascara with Lancme's Bi-Facils Double Action eye makeup remover which I ALWAYS have on hand because it removes makeup like a dream and there is no tugging or rubbing involved on my eye area. (But that's another review. ). All in all, I can say that this mascara is the Cadillac of mascaras for me and my needs.

My HG Mascara!

I've NEVER been able to wear mascara without 'smudging' I've tried masacara's ranging from 3 - 20 but this at 21.50 was a shock - I mean really.. 21.50 on mascara!!! (it looses one lipstick for price!)

BUT it works, it defines, stays in place and doesnt smudge I can go to work and not have panda eyes by midday GREAT!

It does clog up slightly so just wipe the brush if you need and it IS difficult to remove, I use Clinique (purple) eye make up remover and it works well but you'd have no chance with soap and water!

I needed a wedding mascara that lasted the day and I've found it, problem is I'm now addicited and at 21.50 I'm hoping it lasts well!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- love the container
- very defining
- natural looking
- lengthening
- no smudging at all
- not too hard to remove if you wear thin coats

Cons:
- it's $35 (tax inc) at Sephora...I can definitely find a better mascara for less
- it only comes in black and the black looks like dark grey :/
- not 100% waterproof, but 95% waterproof
- hard to remove if you let it dry and reapply (my sister took 15 minutes to wash it off and 4 lashes fell off)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE REGULAR Lancome Definicils...I HAAAATE the waterproof version! Let me repeat..HATE it! It dries out and applies like clay..It's clumpy and horrid!
I use the REGULAR definicils DAILY and have for years...but I will NEVER buy this mess again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this mascara because I was going on a beach vacation and figured that I needed a waterproof mascara. This stuff is truly awful and I'll never buy it again. It is so dry the first tube I bougt I returned and got another one but the new tube is just as bad. I'm thinking it's the product. It's hard to apply because it's so dry and actually hurts my lashes when I apply. It's not lengthening at all, it just makes my lashes darker but so brittle! It's horrible. The stuff is also impossible to get off at the end of the day. Eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup doesn't even seem to work. I have to use so much remover to get this mascara off my lashes!

The only good thing about this product is that it is waterproof and heatproof. It won't come off.

I feel like I wasted my money with this one.