Lancôme Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.8

ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE D'ABEILLE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, ALLYL, STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, PARAFFIN, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, VA/VINYL BUTYL BENZOATE/CROTONATES COPOLYMER, TALC, POLYVINYL LAURATE, SODIUM, POLYMETHACRYLATE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE, GREEN, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 LAKE, CI 42090 / BLUE 1 LAKE ]

I got this off eBay exponentially cheaper! I use the Wayne goss method I curl my lashes (alternating sides) 3X then a coat of regular definicils (a non WP mascara any will do), then a heavy coat of this WP mascara & voila insta Lash Glam keeps a curl & doesn't run or flake this is a #winning combo I would definitely rebuy this I'll use this w another non WP mascara bcoz my non WP definciils is a GWP size. That's ultimately how I always do my mascara curl lashes is #1, 1 coat non WP is #2 & waterproof is #3. It's the Wayne goss method there is a video on YT also explaining it by him. I love defincicils I'm hooked now fave mascaras. #downtowntriplececrown lancome isn't 1 of my go to brands I just have a couple lipglosses & the GWP I qualified for one time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Edited 5/21/16: it stopped behaving so well after about six weeks. Flakes, a bit of eye irritation, some clumping. Too expensive to replace after six weeks.

Can't believe it took me so long to try this! I'm actually surprised that the rating here isn't much higher considering the great word-of-mouth I've noticed. My only complaint is the price, though if it lasts for 4-5 months, I'll forgive it that. I'd been on a drugstore brand hunt and had found a few--especially Illegal Lengths--to do a good job of lengthening and not smudging or running. I seemed to go through it rather rapidly, but my only real complaint was that it seemed to disappear as the day went on, and I would get tiny flakes, but only after 8-10 hours.

For some reason, I wanted to try the Longcils Boncza. Despite the raves, it was a total zero for me. PITA to apply (though that probably would have gotten better with time), nothing special in the look, but the biggie was that any yawn would turn me into Tammy Faye Bakker!

And so to this. Absolutely wonderful! Easy to use, STAYS, doesn't run AT ALL, doesn't flake AT ALL for at least 12 hours--and it's easy to take off with their remover (expensive), or with Maybelline Clean Express (dirt cheap).

I also love that I didn't have to blot the wand before using for the first few weeks. And, oh yes, it holds a curl--all day.

Total WIN!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pros:
- love the container
- very defining
- natural looking
- lengthening
- no smudging at all
- not too hard to remove if you wear thin coats

Cons:
- it's $35 (tax inc) at Sephora...I can definitely find a better mascara for less
- it only comes in black and the black looks like dark grey :/
- not 100% waterproof, but 95% waterproof
- hard to remove if you let it dry and reapply (my sister took 15 minutes to wash it off and 4 lashes fell off)

Well,Lancome Definicils is new my HG waterproof mascara. It was Marathon Mascara by Cover Girl. They discontinued it some time ago. For awhile, I bought this (usually $4.99 tube) mascara on eBay for about $15 a tube. I was willing to spend that much as Marathon HAD been (now a HAS BEEN) the only utterly waterproof, bombproof mascara I had EVER tried.

But then the greedy eBayers started charging $30 a tube for this $4.99 a tube product. That placed it ABOVE the cost of Lancome Definicils, which my daughter had highly recommended.

So, I bought Definicils and am I ever WOWED! This truely trumps Marathon, no racoon eyes even after hours at work, on my feet, in an establishment with NO air conditioning, in 90+ degrees....HEAVY sweating but NO mascara running.

No mascara run after swimming. None after working out. Didn't even come off in the shower. No mascara run even when my allergies started acting up, my eyes were tearing and even when I rubbed at my itching/tearing eyes with a tissue. Does come off with a little olive oil on a cotton ball or pad.

I was surprised that the straight wand added so much volume and depth to my lashes. But it does and I haven't had any clumping in the month that I've been using this.

Definicils waterproof is my new HG mascara. I highly recommend this for TRUE waterproof mascara users.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this. It holds really well and you don't have to worry about smudging color in the rain or on a hot day. It doesn't make your eyelashes look too long. My eyelashes looked nice and thick and the color of black in this mascara brought out the green tones of my eyes!!! The only negative is that because it is rather strong, your eyelashes can actually break apart when you accidently rub your eyes. Also, it sometimes makes your eyelashes look kind of "dried-up". The application is really easy because the brush isn't too wide :) I would definitely recommend this!!!

Pros
- Gives some length and volume
- good staying power
- little to no flaking

Cons
- clumps like CRAZY
- the cap of the mascara never fully screws back on.

The clumping itself is what would make me steer clear of this mascara. I do not want clumpy, fake looking eyelashes.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Pro's:
+Stays on a very long time; no doubt that it's waterproof
+Lengthens lashes somewhat, when used with an eyelash curler
+The black is very black, which is a good thing for me

Con's:
-Clumps like crazy and makes my lashes stick together!
-Very hard to take off, even with a waterproof makeup remover
-About 2-3x the price of most other mascara I've tried

I wouldn't recommend this, and am probably not buying it again. It clumps way way way too much and is simply a hassle to apply and remove.

I hope you found my review useful. :)

-Alice (Reaper)
continued >>

This mascara is my favorite! It lengths, thickens, and holds my curled lashes! I love it.

Overall, this was a pretty average mascara. The only reason I'm giving it such a high rating is that, compared to all the other mascaras I have used (Diorshow, Max Factor, Maybelline, YSL) this one doesn't smudge nearly as much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the results I get with this mascara. It holds curl, the brush is REALLY nice and the mascara can be built up if I want a more dramatic look. It can also be worn unlayered for a more natural day look. Why then did I give it a 3? Because it dries out sooo quickly! Much more quickly than other mascaras and at that price, I expect my mascara to last a full 3 months. This mascara is significantly dried out by the 1month mark:(