Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in TAN as a cheaper
alternative to MAC NC40 studio fix.
(Around 10 bucks)It goes on a little more natural looking. However, I do have to touch-up sooner with the Palladio than with the S.F., but it does look Good ! I'd have to say I like it just as well as studio Fix. A thumbs-up product.

This is it for me! StudioFix doppelganger :o) I use Laurel Nude which is the palest shade, yellow based (I'm a Stila B, Chantecaille Camomile). The next shade up is Ivory which makes me look tan, so I agree the shade range could be improved. The coverage is flawless, if you apply it dry with a sponge, it is pretty darn near full coverage. With a fluffy brush, it's sheerer. I've never tried it wet. No breakouts and I'm on my second one. No redness, no itching, nothing. It also is great at keeping my oily skin in check :o) The case keeps the sponge in a seperate vented compartment too, which is nice. My only gripe is that it doesn't last that long, maybe a month, but then again, It's only $12.50 (here in Long Beach, CA anyway). hth!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

I am continuing my review (typing this on the mobile app is tricky because it keeps stopping me from typing) Palladio is cruelty free and gluten free. Gluten makes a lot of people break out and they don't even know it. It has medium to full coverage and it best used with a bamboo kabuki brush. I got "everlasting tan "shade. It works!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this product. I don't wear make-up every day. But on the occasion to I need to "dress" up for a company dinner. I use this. It covers heavier when wet and lighter when dry. My lines and open pores don't show IF I use a primer first. Blends well when I highlithg and contour my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
-excellent, excellent, excellent oil control. Powders are always recommended to me for my oily skin but I honestly don't see most of them working much better than liquid foundations. Now this stuff is GOOD + long lasting
-Lightweight texture, doesn't look gross and cakey/heavy
-Can use wet or dry, I use dry to set my foundations and wet to wear on own. Looks AWESOME when applied wet and you get way more coverage
-Packing is cute with separate part for the poof poof. Yes i called it a poof poof.

CONS:
-color range is not the best, doesn't really cater to golden undertones, all in all will most likely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works well for me.

This is my go-to powder! I absolutely love this, plus it is reasonably priced.

I prefer using wet/dry foundations because it saves me the hassle of using concealer because it provides good coverage. I avoid liquid foundations because they make my face look greasy after some time. Plus, I have slightly acidic Asian skin which tends to make anything I put on slightly darker after a few hours.

I used to buy Guerlain's Parure powder foundation and while that product is excellent, it is quite expensive. This product costs less than half and yet delivers pretty well. Coverage is pretty good. I touch up after lunch and it looks well until the evening. It also complements my skin tone well. I have this in the Cypress Beige shade.

My only gripe is that there are no refills!! I have had to purchase 3 compacts over time and think that I could save $$$ if they only had refills.

This was my first powder foundation, and how I wish I had a color match!! The finish was so incredibly lovely, it makes me wonder why I had never tried out a powder foundation earlier!

My skin is very sensitive, acne-prone, and easily irritated. This did not aggravate my skin at all, nor did it cause any new acne to form. It absorbs oil very well (blotted maybe ONCE the entire day I had it on) and seems fairly transfer resistant - have not tried to see if it transfers onto clothes, but it definitely did not leave much on my cell phone.

I'd say the coverage is medium to full and it lasted all day on me without separating or sliding off, and this was without finishing powder or setting spray.

Basically, the PROS are:

#1 Great lasting power from 8:00am - 7:00pm (my usual work hours)

#2 Did not transfer onto my cell phone like most liquid foundations

#3 Great oil absorption (rice powder for sure!). I only really needed to blot ONCE throughout my whole work day.

#4 Smooth finish, did not accentuate any dry flakies, was very matte. It also did not seem too dry

#5 Did not aggravate my hormonally sensitive, acne-prone, skin - THIS is hard to do when it comes to foundations, so I give it a BIG thumbs up for this! My skin usually feels really "hot" and irritated after wearing most foundations for a whole day, as if it'd been suffocating the entire time.

And now onto the CONS.

#1 This oxidized on me horribly!! The lightest shade was already too dark on me, but I was able to get by adding some bronzer onto my neck. By the end of the day, I looked as if I had powdered my face with dirt :/

#2 There is a very short range of shades available :( And they all seemed to have pink undertones

#3 Packaging is a little bulky, and could be better.

I don't seem to have too many cons about this product, but because the shade is so horribly off on me, I will not and cannot repurchase :( I'd recommend this for sensitive, oily, and acne-prone girls like me...if you can find a match. It is a lovely product, and has spawned my interest in looking for other powder foundations that will match me and have the same finish, last, and oil absorption as this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff makes my face look amazing. However, the color selection is awful. I am a NC35 and I bought cypress beige. It works ok, but not an exact color match. I feel the shade next would be too dark. I love the coverage and the look of my skin. It does ok with oil control but I would say, it does far better than mac's powder foundation. If you have beige, peach, and combo skin I would try this.