Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

I was really pleased with this, a real shocker considering how many times I've been disappointed after reading glowing reviews about other products. I bought the lightest shade, which is a good match for me. I tried using this dry with no other foundation, and it gave nice, natural coverage. It didn't look powdery, dry, cakey... just soft and smooth. I've NEVER had a powder look so nice on my skin! Unfortunately, it was completely gone within a couple of hours, otherwise I would give it 5 stars for sure.

So now I've been just using a light dusting of this over my liquid foundation for a bit of extra coverage and to take away shine. Also great for spots... I just dampen my finger, dab it in the powder, dab on my spot, and it's magically gone! Seriously, if only the lasting power were better, it would be perfect!!! I do get really oily and not much lasts on me, though...

Great foundation for super oily skin or anyone who loves a true matte finish! Unfortunately there isn't a shade to match my skin, but I will still dust it on over foundation or alone when I need to control the shine. Def go out and get this....just make sure you do a shade test before you buy. FYI Sally's is good about returns/exchanges.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Palladio wet/dry foundation in Laurel Nude 400 is surprisingly good!

I had to quit using Bare Minerals due to my reaction to Bismuth...ever since I have been looking for something for my quick and easy days. Dual finish powders have a tendency to make me look cakey and suck the life out of my skin.

I read about this foundation here on MUA and decided I would give it a try when browsing Ulta and coming across the Palladio display (it is also sold at Sally's).

The price was right under $10. I usually use HE foundations.

I found what I thought would be the closest match for me. I am an AAB so it can be tricky to get a match. I noticed there were not a lot of shades...so not everyone will be able to enjoy this foundation.

I did not like this wet! I thought it was really cakey and streaky. I waited until the next day and tried it dry. I exfoliated really well since my experience has been that dual finishes usually emphasize flaws. After that I applied my normal a.m. sunscreen/moisturizer waited until it absorbed and applied the foundation dry. Wow. I do have to add that it takes more effort than I initially wanted so I took a lippie off, but it is worth the wait! The problem is that it requires through blending. I used the sponge. Next time I will try a brush.

The finish was natural. My skin still showed through but the luminosity was unexpected! My finish stayed semimatte through the day. The greasies were at bay.

This is my HG foundation.

EDIT: Although this is still a very good foundation IMO I have stopped wearing it. I did not notice how pale this made me look - until I switched foundations completely and recieved feedback that it was a much better color choice. Won't be repurchasing - but still recommend!

This is a really good pf. I use the lightest color and it isn't as good as my hg smashbox petal, but the price is soooooo good and the color isn't bad. I use this as my everyday pf. I use a brush to apply. Covers nicely. No problems.

Love this foundation - but I use it more as a setting powder. I am a makeup junkie so I vary my foundations - but I always come back to using the Wet/Dry foundation over the rest. It has a nice non-shiny look, holds up well for most of the year (exception: Summer time in WI so need to use oil blotter sheets) and lasts a good while. I use the sponge and "press" it into my skin because I notice this works better for setting for me. My only complaint is the color selection. I use Laurel Nude and get it from Sally's. The Laurel Nude in Wisconsin is darker than the Laurel Nude I picked up in Arizona this Christmas. I stocked up with four of them since it was more true to my pale complexion. I had been using lighter foundation with this over it to counteract the darkness of their lightest color. Now I don't have to do that. I will continue to purchase this as long as I can get the lightest version of their Laurel Nude.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I accidentally left my Giorgio Armani Silk Powder Foundation at home when on vacation this month and I was forced to go out and find something else to use in it's place. I found this at Sally's and decided to give it a try. First off, the $10 price tag is great, and the compact is perfect with the separate containers for sponge and foundation. This is no where near the quality of Armani and it's not as silky or finely milled but in an emergency it works just fine. It didn't break me out and it provides nice coverage w/o being too chalky. I bought it in Laurel Nude and it's a close match to my skin tone. I would buy this again if I ever needed to and I would definetly recommend this to others.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I want to thank Kristina for generously recommending and sending me this brand. This stuff really is full coverage! I'm really impressed considering it is a drug store brand. It goes on really smooth. You don't have to work the sponge into the compact to get a good amount of powder for application. I have tried it wet and dry and I prefer it with a little moisturizer underneath (wet with water definitely emphasizes the crypt keeper look.) It gives a matte but luminous coverage, like what mineral foundation is supposed to give. I find that wet application under the eyes is a no-no, but you can get pretty good coverage dry. It doesn't accentuate my dry skin as much as I thought it would either. All in all, a really nice foundation, comparible to Clinique Super Matte, but cheaper, with 10 times better coverage. :)

*update*

Why oh why! I finally managed to try this color in laurel nude and it's about a shade and a half too dark for me. If you consider yourself fair at all, this will NOT work for you. Laurel nude is also very orange, not as orange as some I've tried but definitely orange-ish. But it still gives the BEST and quickest coverage I have EVER tried EVER! Bar none! This would be my HG if ONLY they had my shade. If anyone finds a line with similar properties to this one but with a wider color selection, PLMK!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If I could find a good shade of this, I would love it, but all the colors seem to be for beigey-olive skintones. The coverage is very good and matte and lasts all day. Great for oily skins!

EDIT 12/19/08: When I first tried this 7 years ago, they only had 3 or 4 shades. Now they have several! Just as I thought, I absolutely LOVE this. The coverage is medium to full with a kabuki brush. It covers much better, and more naturally, than most powder or mineral foundations I've tried. It's not sparkly at all as most mineral powders are and the coverage doesn't look cakey like my Everyday Minerals. It also easily replaces my Merle Norman Luxiva Ultra Powder foundation in terms of coverage and wearability (and not breaking me out!). In addition, I noticed something with this powder that I've never experienced before. Before my first application, I had some pretty inflamed pimples and one that was raw and sore from picking (My fault!). This stuff seemed to have an unusual calming effect on me. The pimples quickly reduced in size and the raw area felt soothed. I'll have to take a closer look at the ingredients to know for sure! Lastly, my only miniscule gripe is still.......the shade selection. The lightest shade, Laurel Nude, is still a little too dark for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade suits NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

UPDATE: Still amazed by this foundation. Looks SO NATURAL. medium to high coverage. I love using this under my eyes to conceal, because it is pigmented enough to conceal and the powder means the corrector underneath will not crease. I've used as a finishing powder to add coverage and matte, and I've also used as foundation alone. No complaints. Even the shade Laurel Nude looks natural on, even though it's slightly dark. It's a very soft neutral undertone.

UPDATE 12/15: They changed the shades on this, and now Laurel Nude is like NW25 dark. :/ I can't buy it again...

I have sensitive finicky skin. When I saw the first ingredient was talc, I was a little apprehensive. I looked up the reviews in store and found great things so I figured I would give it a shot. I hoped it wasn't like NYX's powder foundation since that caused the white bumpies and oxidized like crazy. To my surprise Laurel Nude was a perfect match 100%. I always have used more warm toned foundations/powders because of my yellowy undertone and was kind of on the fence because this looked slightly peachy. I was so happy with how good it looked, how nicely it covered, everything. It has yet to cause any negative effects on my face, but I'll update my review in about a week or so.

As of right now, this is neck and neck with my Urban Decay Surreal Skin for my HG. It actually is a tad bit higher on the scale since it seems to cover better. Who knows, this could be it!

EDIT: It's been five days! No cases of the white/red bumpies & no cystic acne spots! The only thing I've had here & there were the little oil bumps that all of us oily girls experience. After I washed my face at night & applied my witch hazel they were gone in the morning. I'm in love with this powder foundation. Today I buffed it on with my medium sized E.L.F powder brush, and went around my eyes with my E.L.F foundation brush; it looks awesome. Covered everything up that I needed to & still looks natural. I HAVE HIT THE PAN! In 5 days. But, it's just in one corner & there's still plenty left. I could see this powder lasting 1-1&1/2 months. I always thought I was allergic to talc, but clearly that's not true since this product works great & talc is the first ingredient. Learn something new everyday (:

If you can get your hands on it, BUY IT!

EDIT: This started to cause oil bumps on my chin, even though it's oil free... womp womp. I also noticed that the shade darkens throughout the day which leads me to believe that it oxidizes. About 2 hours after application my skin looked so pinky. I never really noticed before, but I had a zit (oil bump) so I was in the mirror 24/7 making sure it was hidden. I guess my search continues.