Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it! I've been using liquid and creme foundations lately but this powder's coverage and smoothness is tough to pass up. It's the only foundation I've used that doesn't crease under my eyes. I don't know why I wasted so much time with those silly loose powders like BE and Everyday Minerals, so time consuming to apply and not as nice as this! I also love that the bottom compartment of the compact has ventilation for the sponge.

The main downside with this powder is that it is not very long lasting (you can probably get 4 hours out of it) or very durable in humidity. You will also inevitably lose some of the dewy youthful look you get with liquid foundation but that's true of any powder. Also I don't find that using this wet changes the coverage level all that much.

For reference I bought this in Laurel Nude, the lightest color and I am usually a shade or two darker than the lightest in liquid foundation.

Bottom line: I use this when I want quick, flawless coverage for a short period of time.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this product makes me look ridiculously perfect and pretty i use it in everlasting tan over my already full coverage foundation for that qir brush effect i wet it a tiny bit and apply over my makeup.. however i have totally broken out from it.. everywhere.. i love it but man i have like little tiny bumps all over the place and when i dont use it for even a day or too they calm down or go away i wish i could find a pf doesnt break me out with these effects try it if ur not acne prone its amazing.. i go through it really fast tho it can be expensive b.c i seem to buy one about every month.

great finish and lasts well, but too dry for my dry skin. didnt break me out. if i suddenly became oileier skinned i would buy this from sallys again!

It's not bad for a drugstore brand. It matches my skin tone perfectly (NC25, for Palladio I use WD402). I only use it as dry and it leaves my face smooth. Positive point is that it's quite cheap. A negative point about it is that it accentuates my pores and I my pores aren't even noticeable sans makeup! It's great if you're looking for a cheap but quality foundation but I'll stick to my MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation.

Would i buy this product again? YES.

Well, i originally bought it for 9.99USD at Sally's but found it on clearance at CVS (they were selling all of Long's Drug Store's old stuff) for like 2.50US so of course i bought a ton.

Well I don't regret buying so many one bit. The compact itself comes with less powder than Studio Fix and is slightly bulkier. It comes with a sponge that is comparable to any generic sponge you can buy at the store but i apply mine with a brush so i don't really care.

Anyway, the product itself goes on smooth, has great coverage (medium to full, its buildable). You can apply the product wet or dry, i find dry to be good enough to cover all my yuckiness but tried applying it wet anyway. When applied wet it goes on slightly darker so be careful. The way it looks on your face is SUPER matte but eventually becomes a little more natural. As far as oil control i would say its great...EXCEPT...****since this stuff has hardly any staying power and rubs off on everything if youre not careful*** i can't say that it keeps me oil free all day. I use this foundation as an "on the go," keep it in my purse kind and reserve EM for at home application.

For reference, I'm like a NC 30-35 and tried the cypress beige which was too light (although i think its perfect for winter) and I've found Neroli Bronze/Everlasting Tan to be a good match.
Hope this helps, sorry for the length

I've been using this product for years. I can't find around here anymore so I have to order it online. The price is reasonable. I use it dry and it does a nice job of matting my face. I hope the company continues to make it.

Palladio is my discovery of the year. The quality of their products for such a low price is amazing.
This powder is my current everyday staple foundation. I use it dry. I found it applies better with a sponge than brush. When I apply it with a brush, it accentuates my pores for some reason. Not so with a sponge. It goes smoothly and evenly allover the face. After I'm done applying I press it with the provided sponge into my skin really well and that's it. It might look little powdery at first, but it melts with your skin after 30 min or so. The finish is matte and pretty natural, the coverage is light to medium, depending on how much you use. I do get a little bit oily forehead after several hours, but I just apply little more of the powder and that takes care of it. It doesn't disappear from my skin, and I don't use any primer, maybe because of "pressing with the sponge" application.
Like all the powders, it will get cakey if you overapply it, especially if you apply a heavy layer straight on. I didn't try it wet, but it is wet/dry foundation and you can try wet application for a full coverage.
This has talk in it, so if you dislike talk products this is not for you.
The color range is not the best. I use the lightest shade available, Laurel Nude and is pretty good match for my NC 20-ish (more between 15 and 20) skin tone. It could be a tad lighter but it's still fine.
Packaging is great. Sturdy black box with mirror and a separate chamber for the sponge. Not too bulky to put it in handbag.
All in all, a really good pressed powder if you can find color match.
I also love their brow powder (only the brush sucks) and their herbal lip glosses. Very happy to discover this brand.
PS. This powder doesn't have any built in sun protection, which I like a lot, because it doesn't interfere with my sunscreen underneath. (Lots of powders have "uncoated" zinc oxide which destabilizes avobenzone in sunscreans)

I was really pleased with this, a real shocker considering how many times I've been disappointed after reading glowing reviews about other products. I bought the lightest shade, which is a good match for me. I tried using this dry with no other foundation, and it gave nice, natural coverage. It didn't look powdery, dry, cakey... just soft and smooth. I've NEVER had a powder look so nice on my skin! Unfortunately, it was completely gone within a couple of hours, otherwise I would give it 5 stars for sure.

So now I've been just using a light dusting of this over my liquid foundation for a bit of extra coverage and to take away shine. Also great for spots... I just dampen my finger, dab it in the powder, dab on my spot, and it's magically gone! Seriously, if only the lasting power were better, it would be perfect!!! I do get really oily and not much lasts on me, though...

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I liked this product. I got really high hopes that It was going to give my face an "airbrushed" look, but it didn't really. You can still see my rosy cheeks through the powder. I did not try it wet, I still have to do that. It is a good powder though, no doubt. You can probably compare it to MAC Studio Fix Powder. It's just not the greatest color selection. I don't think the color I purchased matches my neck that well if used alone. It's slightly neutral (beige) and I need a color thats a little more golden yellow. I got Cypress Beige. I have a tan NC35 skin tone. I use it now, after I applied my foundation, I dust this over my face and put it under my eyes for extra under eye coverage. It works very well, and stays put. I would probably repurchase if I was looking for an inexpensive powder.

i used to wear this everyday and went on to other foundations but after testing out so many others i recently went back to this one. it's been the best foundation i've used. with the right application this gives a really natural matte look and makes my skin look great. i use it dry and it works wonderfully. the price is pretty good, but the only downside is the lack of color selection. i found a good match with NATURAL CLARY 403, but some might have trouble finding the right color. overall, i recommend this product.