Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

I am 47 with dry to normal skin, some wrinkles and sun damage. I use a tinted moisterizer under this. I use it dry. It gives good coverage and doesn't settle into my wrinkles. It is easy to apply and lasts all day with no touch ups. I use the Cypress Beige and it works pretty well. I gave it one lippie off because the color selection could be better. I am fair to medium compected with pink undertones but the Cypress Beige works better than the Ivory Myrhh. I am liking this better than my Jane Iredale mineral powder. It is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. I add a bit of a bronzer and it gives me just enough color.

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this to be pretty reliable. Not bad for a powder foundation- it offers pretty good coverage, tones down a lot of the acne scarring. The only thing I'm not sure about are the shades. For the most part I guess they are forgiving, but sometimes they look a little brown. I feel as I continue to wear it throughout the day, it kinda starts blending anyway so it's not a huge deal. The finish..to me it's a fine line between natural and matte. It doesn't cake or pool, which is nice, and it does stay on. I still need to use blotting powder after a few hours, but that's with any foundation pretty much. I stopped using the sponge, which I liked but got too dirty, and use a brush instead. I wasn't sure how I felt about this but it's easy and I tend to reach for it most days (especially when I'm lazy!) so I think I would get it again, no reason not to!

This stuff is great! And cheap (which makes it even more great)! I think ideally it is for combination-oily skin like mine; some have complained that it makes their skin feel tight, but for me, that feeling lasts very, very briefly. It gives light (dry) to medium (wet) coverage, and is portage. I don't look messy in the middle of the day. I don't need any big touch ups. I'm not usually a drug store makeup buyer, because there is a sephora across the street from me and several department stores closer to me than the nearest drug store - but I like this better than the Dior Airflash I recently bought, by far!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this in cypress beige. I use NC 30 MAC and I really liked this. I never used this wet so I cannot review on that but really like it as a finishing powder and even use it by itself on days when I don't wear foundation. I reach for this more than my MAC Skin finish powder.

I tried this foundation, wearing it several times over several months. As other have indicated, it always seemed to oxidize and turn orange. I applied it with a kabuki brush, as well as the sponge applicator included. I also used it with and without foundation primer. No matter what I did it always turned orange, as well as caking in fine lines and emphasizing wrinkles. I like other Palladio products; unfortunately this one didn't work out.

I wanted to update my review because I have used this product as a powder over a liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Idole) & found it gave a beautiful matte finish. I wouldn't have even tried it as such but happened not to have powder with me one day. I did have this foundation & gave it a try. I'm glad I did because it worked beautifully. I've also used it periodically throughout the day & have found it always leaves a great matte finish.

I am so glad I gambled on this foundation. It is so fast and the coverage is great. Covers pores, shine, hyper-pigmentation. So far it's been over a week and no break-outs. I tried it wet, but it was a lot more work and the results did not seem superior. The lasting power is very good, however I am super oily in my t-zone, so I do carry it with me so I can touch up after a few hours. Originally I got the lightest shade, which looked right on in the compact, but made me look like Michael Jackson, so I brought it back to Sally Beauty, no hassle and exchanged it for the Cypress shade. I highly recommend, especially for oily skin.

I get warm and fuzzy feelings about this foundation. I purchased it out of curiosity, didn't expect much, and then tried it on...wow! I apply it dry with my EcoTools bronzer brush. The result is this really amazing, somewhat airbrushed finish. It's as if the powder melts into my skin and just makes me glow. It's hard to describe, but I love the effect! I haven't tried applying it wet yet.

I'm NC30 with yellow/golden undertones and I use Cypress Beige. It's an okay shade, but not perfect because it's a bit too beige/neutral for me. For now, I've switched to MAC Studio Fix powder since their color selection is better. However, if Palladio had a more yellow shade, this would probably be an HG powder foundation for me.

I tried the Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation for the first time today. OMG! I think is going to be my HG for foundations.

First off, I used it wet...I put some perrier water ( i thought the minerals in the water would be good?) in a spritzer bottle and wet the sponge then applied the foundation. It was like instant coverage, but i REALLY couldn't feel it! It wasn't cakey, but just a smoothness that i have NEVER gotten from a powder, even my MAC! It covered EVERYTHING even my sun damage.

Of course this was my first time, so i will update in a week or two, but The finish was so wonderful that i didn't even have to blot, and that is saying a lot for my oily skin. I even came home and was so exhausted i took a nap with it on ( I know, that's bad) but it was still looking good when i woke up and STILL didn't need blotting.

I hope this continues to work out because the price ($12) is great and I loved the look.

*************

Okay, i've been using this for awhile now and i still think it's good, but maybe not *quite* as good as i first thought. Still my HG foundation though. I don't know why, but for some reason my skin is changing from week to week. Oily to slightly dry. During the oiliest times, I use my MAC powder foundation on top as just a powder and i get absolutely poreless skin, with no powdery look. During the drier times i've tried this and i look like a powdery mess. This has not lasted as well as i think it should have either. I hit pan within the first 4 uses, so the $12 bucks is not quite the deal i thought it was either. But all in all I still like it...I am just going from a 5 lippie to a 4.