Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I couln't find much information about this product online before I purchased it so I thought I would submit some product info. I *think* the only place you can buy it is at Sally's Beauty Supply. Even though they have this whole "rice powder" thing going and even advertise some of their products with a geisha on the cover, if you look carefully, the product is actually made in Florida. As far as the limited shade selection (five shades total) and price ($10) this product is in the league of drugstore makeup. Quality-wise, however, it is comparable to low-end department store (clinique, aveda) powder foundations.

I opened up the compact foundations to get a better idea of the color range. The lightest shade is 400 (nude) and it is a pale cream color with a hint of yellow. The next shade is 401 (ivory) and it is quite pink. The shade after that and probably most appropriate for LLL is 402 (cypress beige). This is the shade I bought and it is too dark (and orange)for me but I was afraid that the nude would leave me ashy and the ivory would be too pink for me. I probably won't be buying this product again due to the extremely limited color selection. For reference, I am an Armani #4/#5, Chantecaille Peach and Aveda Aster.

This foundation gives you a good coverage, but doesn't make you look overdone, when applied dry. But I don't think it looked natural when I tried to apply it wet. I use the foundation in Laurel Nude, and though I agree that it's probably meant for an olive-undertoned skin, the color goes well with my baby pink blush. Overall it's a good purchase for the price.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this product. I don't wear make-up every day. But on the occasion to I need to "dress" up for a company dinner. I use this. It covers heavier when wet and lighter when dry. My lines and open pores don't show IF I use a primer first. Blends well when I highlithg and contour my face.

This is my go-to powder! I absolutely love this, plus it is reasonably priced.

I prefer using wet/dry foundations because it saves me the hassle of using concealer because it provides good coverage. I avoid liquid foundations because they make my face look greasy after some time. Plus, I have slightly acidic Asian skin which tends to make anything I put on slightly darker after a few hours.

I used to buy Guerlain's Parure powder foundation and while that product is excellent, it is quite expensive. This product costs less than half and yet delivers pretty well. Coverage is pretty good. I touch up after lunch and it looks well until the evening. It also complements my skin tone well. I have this in the Cypress Beige shade.

My only gripe is that there are no refills!! I have had to purchase 3 compacts over time and think that I could save $$$ if they only had refills.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

Palladio Herbal Wet/Dry Foundation is the exact name on my product.

I am on a quest to replace my EM pressed powder foundation (the version in the white plastic compact). Fairly Light is PERFECT for me - of course, this item is d/c which sucks!! I have emailed the company several times over the past 6 months and while they say they do plan on bringing it back, they don't know when.....sigh.....

I am NC 15 (for those of you not familiar w/ EM). I purchased in Ivory.

Based upon the very helpful ladies on the MU board and in light of the high ratings, I decided to give this a try. I purchased at Sallys for around $10. In order to be considered a dupe to my EM, I am looking for highly pigmented (to cover my slight/blushing rosacea), non-drying, easily blendable, reasonable $, long lasting/wearing. This meets all my criteria EXCEPT it made my face feel dry/tight = I deducted 1 lippie. EM set the bar very high and this just falls short = I returned it.

Should I not find anything else that works, I will probably go back to this....sigh...

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good stuff with very buildable coverage!! This makeup offers good coverage without looking like a mask. The colors seem to blend nicely with your skin tone giving a soft natural look. Depending on how much you apply it can look a little powdery for about 1/2 hour before it melts into the skin. I have only used it wet and after a couple of hours i do need to powder but that is pretty typical of my skin. I love revlon colorstay makeup because it keeps me less oily but this is great too in that it looks more natural and is more versatile.