Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade suits NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

UPDATE: Still amazed by this foundation. Looks SO NATURAL. medium to high coverage. I love using this under my eyes to conceal, because it is pigmented enough to conceal and the powder means the corrector underneath will not crease. I've used as a finishing powder to add coverage and matte, and I've also used as foundation alone. No complaints. Even the shade Laurel Nude looks natural on, even though it's slightly dark. It's a very soft neutral undertone.

UPDATE 12/15: They changed the shades on this, and now Laurel Nude is like NW25 dark. :/ I can't buy it again...

I have sensitive finicky skin. When I saw the first ingredient was talc, I was a little apprehensive. I looked up the reviews in store and found great things so I figured I would give it a shot. I hoped it wasn't like NYX's powder foundation since that caused the white bumpies and oxidized like crazy. To my surprise Laurel Nude was a perfect match 100%. I always have used more warm toned foundations/powders because of my yellowy undertone and was kind of on the fence because this looked slightly peachy. I was so happy with how good it looked, how nicely it covered, everything. It has yet to cause any negative effects on my face, but I'll update my review in about a week or so.

As of right now, this is neck and neck with my Urban Decay Surreal Skin for my HG. It actually is a tad bit higher on the scale since it seems to cover better. Who knows, this could be it!

EDIT: It's been five days! No cases of the white/red bumpies & no cystic acne spots! The only thing I've had here & there were the little oil bumps that all of us oily girls experience. After I washed my face at night & applied my witch hazel they were gone in the morning. I'm in love with this powder foundation. Today I buffed it on with my medium sized E.L.F powder brush, and went around my eyes with my E.L.F foundation brush; it looks awesome. Covered everything up that I needed to & still looks natural. I HAVE HIT THE PAN! In 5 days. But, it's just in one corner & there's still plenty left. I could see this powder lasting 1-1&1/2 months. I always thought I was allergic to talc, but clearly that's not true since this product works great & talc is the first ingredient. Learn something new everyday (:

If you can get your hands on it, BUY IT!

EDIT: This started to cause oil bumps on my chin, even though it's oil free... womp womp. I also noticed that the shade darkens throughout the day which leads me to believe that it oxidizes. About 2 hours after application my skin looked so pinky. I never really noticed before, but I had a zit (oil bump) so I was in the mirror 24/7 making sure it was hidden. I guess my search continues.

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

I was so sure i'd like this but no. I usually use Clinique's Almost Makeup powder foundation and I LOVE it. But I thought I could use this to save money to just go to the grocery store or something. Although it can be used for that but it doesnt stay on my face for long and the coverage is medium after trying really hard and the thing is when you have that much product on the skin feels quite tight. I dont hate it so I will finish it but I would not wear this to a party or seeing friends or work because it doesnt stay on. and I would not repurchase.

I would buy this not for an everyday foundation but to use as a back-up "out buying groceries/running errands/not going to run into anybody imp" day (to save money), but it doesn't control shine!

Good coverage (I like full, and this is medium-full), so I can use this and throw on my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, but lacking in oil control! :(

Also, it's impossible to find a website that has decent picks of their shades, but usually they have kind of hidden pull out testers in their display somewhere. You just have to be looking for them- it's like a clear plastic tray you pull out.

I liked how they ad my shade but for allot of other people from the little shade selection it's hard for some people to find there shade . WIth that aside I think that it's a nice foundation but I wish they would come out with a medium coverage foundation because if you try layering it on it looks cakey and when you wet it it goes on a lil dark .

I really prefer this product over MAC StudioFix & it's less than 1/2 the price. It gives a nice, long-lasting matte finish & the compact comes with a separate compartment for the sponge (always a plus). The lightest shade (Laurel Nude) works well for my PPP skin, but it does come in a very limited range of colors - http://www.palladiobeauty.com/wetdryfound.htm
ETA: I quit using this & removed one lippie since I think this was making me breakout. continued >>

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I would like this foundation so much more if it had a better color range. I got the lightest color and it was still several shades too dark for me. Plus it seemed too olive for my yellowish Asian skin (MAC C3).
But it was such a cute little compact with a sturdy sponge. Oh well. I'd definitely buy it again if they ever made a wider color selection. continued >>

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon... which is something that I don't normally do with foundations (hair products are an entirely different story). Basically, I am just sick of applying gloopy, messy liquid foundations. I have never before worn a powder foundation and at $10 + 30+ positive reviews, I couldn't resist.

I purchased my Palladio foundation at Sally Beauty Supply for $9.99. I picked up Cypress Beige for my FFF/MMM complexion (I also wear Px Traceless in 3 and I am a Stila C/D or 30/40 Watts). The color is actually just about a perfect match. When I apply it, I can barely even see it (even before smoothing it out) so I guess that's a good thing.

The texture is very soft, silky, and well... creamy feeling. The coverage is light, but I would say that it's also quite buildable to medium coverage. The BEST part of this foundation is that I can't really feel it on. Unlike liquids, which I feel right away... after I apply this, my skin still feels naked. :o)

I haven't used this long enough to say whether or not it will break me out (I'll report back in a few weeks), but so far, it's a keeper!

UPDATE: I am bringing my review down from 5 lippies to 3 lippies simply b/c after a few uses, I began to feel and look like I had a mask on. The powder began slipping into my lines and it gave me somewhat of a chalky look. I still think this is a decent powder, but not HG material for me. continued >>