Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I was so excited to try this product after reading all the great reviews and was let down horribly. The box says for light coverage use it dry & for heavy coverage use it wet. My skin definitely needs heavier coverage so I went ahead and used it wet. First of all the coverage is terrible. I have a couple red bumps on my cheek and they were still very obvious. And it was extremely obvious that I had powder on my face. It also gave me that horrible cakey feel...you know that cakey feel when you dont wanna move your face because it feels like the foundation is gonna crack? haha .... yeah definitely will be returning this product.

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

Nope didn't work for me. Settled immediately into fine lines and pores and the colour (next one up from Laurel whatever) was too dark and muddy looking. Returned it to Sallys.

this oxidized and had no oil control. i looked orange and shiney : (

great coverage but it breaks me out like crazy!

Cute compact, Bad product. I bought this b/c of the MUA recs. Since I am pale, I bought the lightest shade (Laurel Nude). It was a little too pink, but I have bigger issues with it than that. I used it dry and the coverage was terrible. My skin looked blotchy (actually, it looked dirty!) and my pores were huge. RETURNED. ($9.99 @ Sally's Beauty Supply)

I'm an Ivory Myrrh girl myself, and I am so happy that I found this terrific product. (I just want to keep my voice down, as I want it to stay a well-kept secret, so the prices don't shoot up and we all start having trouble finding it!)

This foundation manages to give wonderful coverage without looking mask-y. It truly does give the illusion of My Skin, Only Better. I also like that so many of the ingredients are all natural. The less chemicals on the face, the better! The colors are good; not as large of a range as StudioFix, my former foundation favorite, but I found one that works for me. Besides, Palladio has MAC beat, in that the Wet/Dry doesn't break me out and turn orange on me less than two hours after application like StudioFix does!

I buy mine at Sally Beauty. There is an entire display of Palladio products. I am so impressed with Wet/Dry, I am going to look into the other products as well.

Highly recommended.

Edited: Except not. I started to have a problem with this foundation turning color during the day, and I just got tired of it. I no longer use it.

No, no, no....I bought this because of the rave reviews...yuck, I feel like I'm wearing a mask no matter how much I use -or rather how little I use! Yes, the price is great and it does cover well (hence the two lippies I gave it) but it feels awful, doesn't have great color range and is an overall disappointment to me. As a matter of fact, I think my complexion looks a little dingy, almost gray when I use this. Try Luxiva ultra, Dual Finish or Shiseido...UPDATE: I grabbed my BM foundation brush and dusted this lightly over my foundation and it's MUCH better, covers well but doesn't feel heavy so if you feel it's too much try dusting it with a large powder brush.

I just got this foundation so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. When I do I will update everybody. So far it seems like a great foundation and at the incredible price of just $9.99!!! I could only find this @ Sally's Beauty Supply. I love how it's oil-free since I have oily skin. I only wish the color selection was bigger :(...not many to choose from. But I will try foundation tomorrow morning! UPDATE: DAMN! I'm really disapointed b/c I really liked this foundation, BUT it has pink/red undertones, I'm yellow undertone. :(..Im stick w/EsteeLauder.(for a natural look)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i saw all of the reviews for this and had to get it! i was hoping to replace my studio fix with it, primarily for the price, but that didn't happen. i bought it at ulta for 8.99 (not expensive, but it could def. be cheaper=T). it was the bronze shade. looked right at first, but it became too dark. the range of shades could be a problem for some people. nice, cute little compact though. really wish it had the color for me . . the coverage was great!