Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

This is my go to powder foundation! I have been using this a year and it doesn't break my skin out, it doesn't make my face feel like its being choked either. I have pretty clear skin that is acne prone and sensitive. If something irritates my face, it will let me know by freaking out and breaking out all over! This makes my skin look flawless. Even tho its a powder, it does not dry my skin out. it might look powdery the first few mins you put it on and then it just becomes one with your skin and looks awesome.

Using it wet for maximum coverage is tricky. wetting the spong and then going in directly in the pan makes the next time using it a pain in the behind. it gets all hard and almost starts to look grayish. So i dont directly add the water to the sponge and then to the pan. What i find that works best is putting a layer on with a dry sponge how you normally apply it, then using a spray bottle with just plain water, spray your face, then add another layer on top. keep doing that til you reached the level of coverage that you want. this way you dont have to wet the foundation itself in the pan causing it to get all hard to use next time.

anyways, i dont know what i would do without this powder, this is HG for me. i think its even better than MAC studio fix powder, i have that but i like this one alot more. =]

I am far from a beauty product snob, but I would never think to buy makeup from Sally's. I buy lots of stuff there, but that'd never be it. However this is a damn good foundation. For one thing, the color "laurel nude" is a great match for my cool toned skin, I'm pretty pale but not white and it isn't too pale for me, nor too dark, and it's actually cool toned! When you have as cool skin as mine you have to fight tooth and nail to find anything that matches acceptably. I can't comment on wet, I've only applied it dry with my ELF studio flat top powder brush. Applying this dry, don't expect heavy coverage - it's great for people who want a natural, lighter foundation look like I do. It even wears gracefully on my oily areas (however I've noticed if you put on too much it doesn't wear nearly as well). Oh, and it doesn't sit on top of your skin and make you look chalky. Just even toned, your skin but way better. It's really a great powder. I'm on my 4th repurchase.

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

This powder foundation provides beautiful medium to full coverage. I haven't had much luck using it wet but plan to try now that my skin's texture has improved as a result of RetinA. Today I applied it dry over my sunscreen and it looks fantastic. I checked it a few times while outdoors and I think it might be perfect.....My color choice is 402 (Cypress Beige). For reference, according to MAC I am an NC25 but it is too light and too yellow. Palladio's 402 looks nothing like NC25, instead it is very beige with neutral to pink undertone. It does a great job covering the hyperpigmentation on my forehead and cheeks while blending my lighter areas with those darker spots. The finish is soft and matte. Previously, I used 401 (Ivory Myrhh) which is too pink. I plan to pick up another 402 when Sally's has a sale.

MY HG CHEAP POWDER FOUNDATION!!!

Pros: (I always apply this stuff wet)
-Covers well - I have small redness here and there and this stuff gives me a natural finish look. Matte too and I LOVE IT!
-Staying power is long! Primer your face and apply this stuff wet. It will last 5-6 hours. Touch up with blotting sheets once a day and I'm good for 12 hours.
-Bronze is a good color for my NC42 or MUFE Face & Body #34 skin.
-Touch up when it dry would provide a sheer oil absorbing coverage.
-Use with ELF flat top powder brush for flawless finish. That brush is like made for this powder foundation. It buffs into your skin really well.
-Cheap and good for on the go days.

Cons:
-I wish there were more yellow/warm undertones for this line. I think all of the shades are either pink or neutral. So it sort of washes out my face color. I have to use a really yellow light, very sheer milani pressed powder on top to put some life back into my face. If i'm not using that, i'd use bronzer.

I love this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is fabulous! I just bought it in everlasting tan, and it stays put and makes my skin look glowy after a little bit of wear. Can't wait
To see how it holds up in the summer...but
For now I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin! Way better than the Clinique or MAC studiofix, and cheaper too...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's the best drugstore powder foundation I've ever used. I bought it in laurel nude. It gives medium coverage. I have very oily skin and this is the only one that can stays on my face more than 5 hrs. It says can be used either dry or wet but I only tried dry. The most important thing I evaluate a face product is good or not is that if it makes your face look dull after using it. This powder foundation, it neither clogs my pores or makes my face dull. I will keep repurchasing it and I think I can't find a drugstore affordable powder foundation better than it.