Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All I have to say is WOW. I have tried EVERY SINGLE powder out there for oily skin. Some do not control oil and many oxidize (they turn orange on the skin on top of not controlling oil!!) This has been the best I have ever used and I have become a lifetime user. I bought my first compact 3 months ago. It goes on somewhat powdery, but settles in quickly. My color match is Natural Clary. I usually wear dry, but hear its better for oily skin to wet sponge and apply. Either way, this is a great powder for sensitive and oily skin (great combination, huh?) I can't believe that after trying every powder out there from all department stores and sephora, my HG powder was waiting for me at Longs Drugs Store. Highly recommend!!
EDIT: Color is chalky and it sits on top of your skin. The oil on my skin melts the makeup. Still good 'natural' makeup but would work better for normal skin

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Edited 7/08: My first trial with this product didn't go so well. I ran out of MAC Studio Fix powder, so I thought I'd give this a try. First: Finding a good color match is not easy because the shades are so limited, and both Sallys I have gone to do not have sample tester products out, so you are having to remove the product from the box to look at it, and it's tough to tell without putting it actually on your skin. I wear MAC NC30- mostly/C3 at points in the winter. I tried Neroli Bronze first, it was too dark, then exchanged for Cypress Beige the second time. Cypress Beige is an ok color but it's too beigey/orange/peach undertoned, and not enough yellow/olive undertones for my NC30 skin, but it's acceptable for a emergency 'purse' foundation. Palladio really needs to expand the color range here. The wear: this does cover very well, about the same as Studio Fix, and and initally looks like it's going on smoothly. However: in natural light, you can tell that this can have a tendency to cake on the skin, especially if you apply over moisturizer. With the darker color, Neroli Bronze, it oxidized on my skin after about 30 minutes, turning more orange. I don't find that the Cypress Beige really oxidizes, but the caking aspect worsens with the use of a moisturizer. Sally would not refund it, but they grudgingly let me exchange it for another color. (This is why they should have a product tester). What I do like about this product more than MAC Studiofix, is that because it's a rice powder product, it causes less oil seepage to come through after 4-5 hours. I had to turn my Studiofix compacts into a loose powder foundation and add some EM Start to Finish powder to them to make it better for my oily skin (the EM Start to Finish is also a rice powder product). This is not a true mineral makeup; it's rice powder makeup with zinc oxide. I use a rice powder primer from an etailer with most other loose mineral makeups, and that wears better on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! It's the only foundation that I have ever stuck with and liked, and I've been using it for about five years. It goes on smooth, evens out my skin tone well, and doesn't break me out (I think it actually helps with blemishes, no joke!). Of course nothing is a miracle worker, but I haven't found anything better so far at such an amazing price. I use my MAC 187 brush to apply, but when I need extra coverage I use the sponge included to stipple it on. The only problem I have is their small color selection. It's such a great product, but I always feel like whatever shade I'm using is made for someone with slightly more pink undertones than myself. The shade I use is Cypress Beige, which i think would best suit NC30. I'm NC25 & light olive, but when applied sheerly it doesn't look too dark. If you're lighter than that, you're only other option is Laurel Nude [Ivory Myrrh is the cooler version on Cypress Beige].

If you're looking for a quality powder foundation that doesn't break the bank, give this a shot.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

HG foundation so far! I have oily, tanned skin and I need a powder foundation in the summer. I didn't want to spend the $ on estee lauder's double wear and decided to pick this up at sally's after reading raves on mua. neroli bronze is PERFECT match for my skin, which is lucky since they do have limited color selection. I apply it dry with sponge and that is beautiful coverage. I really love looking at my skin with this on. not cakey like some other and not too sheer like clinique perfectly real powder. also it stays beautiful light brown and doesn't turn orange like so many. for $10, i am so pleased!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff...I'm on my 3rd compact. I like it much better than pricier wet-to-dry foundations. A lot of people here say it's too "orangey"--and if your undertone is pink/blue...then that may be true. But, if you have yellow undertones, Palladio's shades will work for you. The texture is wonderful, the packaging is very good. And the price cannot be beat. I love mineral makeup, but this gives coverage that MM can't.

UPDATE--> I adore this makeup even more if I use the MAC skunk brush, MAC brush No. 187. The coverage is amazing...almost "airbrushed" in quality. I dampen the skunk brush and then swirl the powder and then buff my face with it. Gorgeous!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Purchased this in Cappucino (sp?) at Sally's recently. It was marked down 50%. Was concerned about the color choice as I fall somewhere between this shade and the next lightest, but, decided to take a gamble because it was so cheap. If I sheer this out, it gives me lovely, poreless coverage. I had been using L'oreal Minerals and this is so much nicer looking that the Minerals. I intend to go back to Sally's and buy up the rest of the stock. (LOL)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Oh how I wanted to love this product. After reading the reviews, I just knew this was going to be my HG and replace my Studiofix. I first bought this in Cappucino (I'm a NC40/42). That color was way too dark. I went back and got the Everlasting Tan, this shade worked well on me. (I would probably wear the next shade up-Neroli Bronze in the summer). It just does not give me the coverage I need (mild acne/scarring) like Studiofix does. I've applied it with a sponge dry and damp.(I don't do brushes)
Also, after about 3 hours, it gives my skin a gray-ish tone. However- it does control my oily skin VERY well, while SFix does not. So, I guess I'm gonna have to go back to my expensive HG S-Fix because the most important thing is what product makes me "look like I'm not wearing makeup" and Studiofix wins.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have pinkish undertones and this looked ok at application (8am) but by 11am I looked extremely orange!! Basically once the oil in your skin mixes with product it turns orange. Estee Lauder Double Matte is the same coverage and keeps its color...much better product than this.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i was at a beauty supply store the other day, and they were having a sale on palladio products so i thought i'd give their powders a try (i remember hearing raves about the stuff). however, i'm pretty disappointed after wearing it today. the sa helped me pick out the "cypress beige" shade b/ it was the 2nd lightest yellow-toned color (i'm a light/medium asian). however, right after i put it on, i could tell it was a bit too dark for me. i didn't have time to wash it off so i wore it for the next couple of hours. by the time i got home again, it was just icky - the powder looked darker and orange-ish, felt very heavy on my face, and seemed to accentuate pores. in addition, i was more oily-looking than normal (probably at least partly b/ of the oil ingredients in the powder). the only good point about it is the soft smooth texture. i am definitely going back to my old powder (cg simply powder) which at least matches colorwise and helps control shine. i will definitely not be repurchasing this palladio compact! (on a side note, i also bought and tried their loose rice powder - wonderful stuff! much much better than this pressed powder.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product a month or so ago in 'Ivory Myrhh'. I usually use liquid foundations, but I thought I'd try something different after reading the reviews on here. This is a great product! I usually apply it dry, sometimes wet - it doesn't make that much difference for me. I'm glad this stuff doesn't make my foundation diminish by the end of the day like the others I've tried. The coverage isn't perfect, but my skin isn't that bad so its alright. I'm already almost running out, but hopefully it will last me another couple weeks. I'll definitely buy it again!

UPDATE - This stuff was ok at first but I realized it made my face kinda orangey and made me break out. I now use Physicians Formula Le Velvet Compact, its way better.