Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I tried this foundation, wearing it several times over several months. As other have indicated, it always seemed to oxidize and turn orange. I applied it with a kabuki brush, as well as the sponge applicator included. I also used it with and without foundation primer. No matter what I did it always turned orange, as well as caking in fine lines and emphasizing wrinkles. I like other Palladio products; unfortunately this one didn't work out.

I wanted to update my review because I have used this product as a powder over a liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Idole) & found it gave a beautiful matte finish. I wouldn't have even tried it as such but happened not to have powder with me one day. I did have this foundation & gave it a try. I'm glad I did because it worked beautifully. I've also used it periodically throughout the day & have found it always leaves a great matte finish.

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, lasts all day and a fantastic price. I have tired so many powder foundations and I have finally found my HG!

I was so sure i'd like this but no. I usually use Clinique's Almost Makeup powder foundation and I LOVE it. But I thought I could use this to save money to just go to the grocery store or something. Although it can be used for that but it doesnt stay on my face for long and the coverage is medium after trying really hard and the thing is when you have that much product on the skin feels quite tight. I dont hate it so I will finish it but I would not wear this to a party or seeing friends or work because it doesnt stay on. and I would not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great powder foundation at a great price! I was hesitant to try this, because in the past I've had terrible luck with powder foundations, no matter how I applied it or primers I used.

This glides on very smoothly (obviously better with primer) wet AND dry! I was scared one or the other would look cakey and settle into my pores, but neither application gave me any problem.
If applied wet, you get a fuller coverage with a nice matte finish. It can, however, cling to dry dead skin. So moisturizing is a must before applying it. Don't completely soak whatever sponge you use for application. Make sure it's damp, but it shouldn't leave any wet marks in the powder. Use little bits at a time, so the application won't look cakey. I'm happy to say this didn't oxidize on me!
If applied dry, you get a light-medium coverage with a matte finish. This works well for me on days I tackle the concealer so I don't need as much coverage. I've applied it dry using a powder, kabuki, and stippling brush. Right now, I've favoring the stippling brush for best application results.
This stuff doesn't need a setting powder unless you really want to use one. As said before, the application is nice and smooth, wet or dry, and it doesn't oxidize. If you're going to be out for a while, it might be a good idea to take some setting powder for a touch up.
I love the packaging! Simple and black, with a separate compartment for the sponge (even though I don't use it). And depending on what your store stocks, you can buy refills of the powder in their own pots instead of buying the powder and compact all over again!

I was so excited to try this product after reading all the great reviews and was let down horribly. The box says for light coverage use it dry & for heavy coverage use it wet. My skin definitely needs heavier coverage so I went ahead and used it wet. First of all the coverage is terrible. I have a couple red bumps on my cheek and they were still very obvious. And it was extremely obvious that I had powder on my face. It also gave me that horrible cakey feel...you know that cakey feel when you dont wanna move your face because it feels like the foundation is gonna crack? haha .... yeah definitely will be returning this product.

I am so glad I gambled on this foundation. It is so fast and the coverage is great. Covers pores, shine, hyper-pigmentation. So far it's been over a week and no break-outs. I tried it wet, but it was a lot more work and the results did not seem superior. The lasting power is very good, however I am super oily in my t-zone, so I do carry it with me so I can touch up after a few hours. Originally I got the lightest shade, which looked right on in the compact, but made me look like Michael Jackson, so I brought it back to Sally Beauty, no hassle and exchanged it for the Cypress shade. I highly recommend, especially for oily skin.

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MY HG concealer. I have been using this compact for the last three years. It's herbal and contains zinc which is great for acne prone skin. You have the option of wet for more coverage and dry for a lighter finish. Helps fight breakouts and has great coverage. Strongly recommend!

I get warm and fuzzy feelings about this foundation. I purchased it out of curiosity, didn't expect much, and then tried it on...wow! I apply it dry with my EcoTools bronzer brush. The result is this really amazing, somewhat airbrushed finish. It's as if the powder melts into my skin and just makes me glow. It's hard to describe, but I love the effect! I haven't tried applying it wet yet.

I'm NC30 with yellow/golden undertones and I use Cypress Beige. It's an okay shade, but not perfect because it's a bit too beige/neutral for me. For now, I've switched to MAC Studio Fix powder since their color selection is better. However, if Palladio had a more yellow shade, this would probably be an HG powder foundation for me.

I tried the Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation for the first time today. OMG! I think is going to be my HG for foundations.

First off, I used it wet...I put some perrier water ( i thought the minerals in the water would be good?) in a spritzer bottle and wet the sponge then applied the foundation. It was like instant coverage, but i REALLY couldn't feel it! It wasn't cakey, but just a smoothness that i have NEVER gotten from a powder, even my MAC! It covered EVERYTHING even my sun damage.

Of course this was my first time, so i will update in a week or two, but The finish was so wonderful that i didn't even have to blot, and that is saying a lot for my oily skin. I even came home and was so exhausted i took a nap with it on ( I know, that's bad) but it was still looking good when i woke up and STILL didn't need blotting.

I hope this continues to work out because the price ($12) is great and I loved the look.

*************

Okay, i've been using this for awhile now and i still think it's good, but maybe not *quite* as good as i first thought. Still my HG foundation though. I don't know why, but for some reason my skin is changing from week to week. Oily to slightly dry. During the oiliest times, I use my MAC powder foundation on top as just a powder and i get absolutely poreless skin, with no powdery look. During the drier times i've tried this and i look like a powdery mess. This has not lasted as well as i think it should have either. I hit pan within the first 4 uses, so the $12 bucks is not quite the deal i thought it was either. But all in all I still like it...I am just going from a 5 lippie to a 4.