Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

I am 47 with dry to normal skin, some wrinkles and sun damage. I use a tinted moisterizer under this. I use it dry. It gives good coverage and doesn't settle into my wrinkles. It is easy to apply and lasts all day with no touch ups. I use the Cypress Beige and it works pretty well. I gave it one lippie off because the color selection could be better. I am fair to medium compected with pink undertones but the Cypress Beige works better than the Ivory Myrhh. I am liking this better than my Jane Iredale mineral powder. It is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. I add a bit of a bronzer and it gives me just enough color.

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

This powder foundation provides beautiful medium to full coverage. I haven't had much luck using it wet but plan to try now that my skin's texture has improved as a result of RetinA. Today I applied it dry over my sunscreen and it looks fantastic. I checked it a few times while outdoors and I think it might be perfect.....My color choice is 402 (Cypress Beige). For reference, according to MAC I am an NC25 but it is too light and too yellow. Palladio's 402 looks nothing like NC25, instead it is very beige with neutral to pink undertone. It does a great job covering the hyperpigmentation on my forehead and cheeks while blending my lighter areas with those darker spots. The finish is soft and matte. Previously, I used 401 (Ivory Myrhh) which is too pink. I plan to pick up another 402 when Sally's has a sale.

MY HG CHEAP POWDER FOUNDATION!!!

Pros: (I always apply this stuff wet)
-Covers well - I have small redness here and there and this stuff gives me a natural finish look. Matte too and I LOVE IT!
-Staying power is long! Primer your face and apply this stuff wet. It will last 5-6 hours. Touch up with blotting sheets once a day and I'm good for 12 hours.
-Bronze is a good color for my NC42 or MUFE Face & Body #34 skin.
-Touch up when it dry would provide a sheer oil absorbing coverage.
-Use with ELF flat top powder brush for flawless finish. That brush is like made for this powder foundation. It buffs into your skin really well.
-Cheap and good for on the go days.

Cons:
-I wish there were more yellow/warm undertones for this line. I think all of the shades are either pink or neutral. So it sort of washes out my face color. I have to use a really yellow light, very sheer milani pressed powder on top to put some life back into my face. If i'm not using that, i'd use bronzer.

I love this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find this to be pretty reliable. Not bad for a powder foundation- it offers pretty good coverage, tones down a lot of the acne scarring. The only thing I'm not sure about are the shades. For the most part I guess they are forgiving, but sometimes they look a little brown. I feel as I continue to wear it throughout the day, it kinda starts blending anyway so it's not a huge deal. The finish..to me it's a fine line between natural and matte. It doesn't cake or pool, which is nice, and it does stay on. I still need to use blotting powder after a few hours, but that's with any foundation pretty much. I stopped using the sponge, which I liked but got too dirty, and use a brush instead. I wasn't sure how I felt about this but it's easy and I tend to reach for it most days (especially when I'm lazy!) so I think I would get it again, no reason not to!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This powder is fabulous! I just bought it in everlasting tan, and it stays put and makes my skin look glowy after a little bit of wear. Can't wait
To see how it holds up in the summer...but
For now I've been getting a ton of compliments on my skin! Way better than the Clinique or MAC studiofix, and cheaper too...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's the best drugstore powder foundation I've ever used. I bought it in laurel nude. It gives medium coverage. I have very oily skin and this is the only one that can stays on my face more than 5 hrs. It says can be used either dry or wet but I only tried dry. The most important thing I evaluate a face product is good or not is that if it makes your face look dull after using it. This powder foundation, it neither clogs my pores or makes my face dull. I will keep repurchasing it and I think I can't find a drugstore affordable powder foundation better than it.

This stuff is great! And cheap (which makes it even more great)! I think ideally it is for combination-oily skin like mine; some have complained that it makes their skin feel tight, but for me, that feeling lasts very, very briefly. It gives light (dry) to medium (wet) coverage, and is portage. I don't look messy in the middle of the day. I don't need any big touch ups. I'm not usually a drug store makeup buyer, because there is a sephora across the street from me and several department stores closer to me than the nearest drug store - but I like this better than the Dior Airflash I recently bought, by far!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this in cypress beige. I use NC 30 MAC and I really liked this. I never used this wet so I cannot review on that but really like it as a finishing powder and even use it by itself on days when I don't wear foundation. I reach for this more than my MAC Skin finish powder.

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.