Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.

Wow, what a find. Oh the money I have spent on powder foundations. I still love my MAC Studio Fix and MSN or Careblend .... but this will be in my daily routine from now on. I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge and it looks in incredible and lasts longer than almost everything else. I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude and I am NW20,... this is perfect... love love love. AND comes the closest of anything I have tried to keeping my tzone shine free and doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin.. Run, don't walk and get this ladies!

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Good stuff with very buildable coverage!! This makeup offers good coverage without looking like a mask. The colors seem to blend nicely with your skin tone giving a soft natural look. Depending on how much you apply it can look a little powdery for about 1/2 hour before it melts into the skin. I have only used it wet and after a couple of hours i do need to powder but that is pretty typical of my skin. I love revlon colorstay makeup because it keeps me less oily but this is great too in that it looks more natural and is more versatile.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.