Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in WD405 Neroli Bronze since I am tanning. It was just a tad too dark so I swept it down onto my neck too so there wouldn't be a contrast. It will work better when I get a little more tan.

I love how soft the powder is. I can't even feel it on my skin after I put it on, and it seems to blend in even better with time. I applied it dry with a powder brush over concealer. I plan to try it wet with the sponge that is included.

UPDATE: Began to notice this was changing to an orangey color as time wore on! No longer using.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow this stuff is really good! A lot does come off onto the brush so you need to be careful not to put too much on, but you can't beat the price! Doesn't make me break out or look too chalky.

Decided to try this powder foundation after reading all the great reviews for this product. The texture and application of this powder is flawless. You can't even tell you are wearing it after you put it on, it just looks like your skin. The problem is, at least for me, that it always turns orange. At first, I thought it was because I had mistakenly chosen the wrong shade (natural clarey). So I purchased a lighter shade (ivory myrrh) and it still turned orange. I'm really disappointed that a product that applies so beautifully can end up looking so bad. I tried Cover Girl Pocket Powders instead. It is similar to the Palladio, except it is talc based instead of rice powder. It applies almost as well, is cheaper than Palladio, and never changes color. I'm starting to conclude that for people with truly oily skin, it's the interaction of the rice powder with the oils in the skin that causes the product to turn orange.
UPDATE: Purchased again and have completely changed my mind about this product. Bought shade laurel nude and applied it with a Real Techniques buffing brush. Color stays true throughout the day with little darkening and meshes well with the skin. One of the best powder foundations available.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I accidentally left my Giorgio Armani Silk Powder Foundation at home when on vacation this month and I was forced to go out and find something else to use in it's place. I found this at Sally's and decided to give it a try. First off, the $10 price tag is great, and the compact is perfect with the separate containers for sponge and foundation. This is no where near the quality of Armani and it's not as silky or finely milled but in an emergency it works just fine. It didn't break me out and it provides nice coverage w/o being too chalky. I bought it in Laurel Nude and it's a close match to my skin tone. I would buy this again if I ever needed to and I would definetly recommend this to others.

I really prefer this product over MAC StudioFix & it's less than 1/2 the price. It gives a nice, long-lasting matte finish & the compact comes with a separate compartment for the sponge (always a plus). The lightest shade (Laurel Nude) works well for my PPP skin, but it does come in a very limited range of colors - http://www.palladiobeauty.com/wetdryfound.htm
ETA: I quit using this & removed one lippie since I think this was making me breakout. continued >>

Tried this out of sheer frustration w/ a dozen or more liquid foundations without much hope of me liking it...have oily skin but didn't want a full matte look...FOUND IT. Have been using this now all summer (w/ MOM first to control shine), second lightest shade (probably will get lightest once I lose summer color). Feels like nothing on skin . I'm a pressed powder foundation convert!
UPDATE: Been using this consistently for nearly five years. I no longer use the MOM under it - attacking greasiness in other ways now. No need to go searching for another fast, easy powder base like this. Fabulous.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in the Laurel Nude also. I have rosacea, so the coverage can never be enough for me. What the younger (read oiler) gals like about this and Mac SF is the very reason it won't work for my changing (read aging) skin. It's mondo dry. It works really well as a touchup powder with my Jane Iredale, whose Matte Powder can run up to $40 if you get it from a spa. and this is much cheaper. I may try the loose, it's been working well for a friend who has talc allergies.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I want to thank Kristina for generously recommending and sending me this brand. This stuff really is full coverage! I'm really impressed considering it is a drug store brand. It goes on really smooth. You don't have to work the sponge into the compact to get a good amount of powder for application. I have tried it wet and dry and I prefer it with a little moisturizer underneath (wet with water definitely emphasizes the crypt keeper look.) It gives a matte but luminous coverage, like what mineral foundation is supposed to give. I find that wet application under the eyes is a no-no, but you can get pretty good coverage dry. It doesn't accentuate my dry skin as much as I thought it would either. All in all, a really nice foundation, comparible to Clinique Super Matte, but cheaper, with 10 times better coverage. :)

*update*

Why oh why! I finally managed to try this color in laurel nude and it's about a shade and a half too dark for me. If you consider yourself fair at all, this will NOT work for you. Laurel nude is also very orange, not as orange as some I've tried but definitely orange-ish. But it still gives the BEST and quickest coverage I have EVER tried EVER! Bar none! This would be my HG if ONLY they had my shade. If anyone finds a line with similar properties to this one but with a wider color selection, PLMK!

Well, I can't believe it. This stuff is near-perfect. When I first found these boards, I spent a lot of time reading product reviews and the message boards (later I started swapping but that was only after 2 months of reading). I'd been wanting to try this foundation for some time but my small university town, where I teach, has a minimalistic Sally's, and I'm far too busy to make the trek to the big city just to buy makeup. But then the Sally's started to bring in more products, so I bought one of these in Laurel Nude. Being a natural-born skeptic, I was wary, but now I'd have to say I'm shocked at how good this stuff is. If I use it to set my under-eye concealer, it goes on smoothly; if I use it as a powder with my powder brush, it gives light smooth coverage; if I use a powder puff for more coverage, it never looks chalky and dry. It also doesn't accentuate my wrinkles (not too many of those yet, thank G-d). The only product I've seen that comes close to this one is Lancome Dual Finish, but this one is considerably better than the Lancome. I'm going to buy as many of these as I can and keep them in storage...just in case they stop making it. Btw, I'm in my early 40's and have combination skin. Best rec. I ever got off these boards was to check out this foundation. Thanks, MUA!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this compact foundation because of the rave reviews.

The reviews are right... this is an excellent foundation. As the instruction say, you can use it dry for light coverage or wet for full coverage. It feels very light on.

I gave it a 5 rating. Their lightest shade is Laurel Nude (400) and it eventually gives my face a pinkish tint. So, it's a great foundation and if they ever came out with a foundation with a yellow base... I would get it in a heartbeat. Just doesn't work for me right now.