REVLON Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - SeaShells

REVLON Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad -  SeaShells
Seashells- Revlon

3.1

These colors are not good. They look nice in the container, but because this is a sheer eyeshadow, you cannot see these on at all!!! I also have this in color 'Skinlights', which I do like.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The colors look good in the palette [pastel pink, taupes, shimmery beiges] but am I doing something wrong here? I used it and the colors were faint on my eyes, couldn't see it. Felt thick, and creased like crazy. I applied regular powder eyeshadow over it to "set" it and to try and prevent creasing but that just hid the color completely.

I am not a fan of cream eyeshadows and a year later, I made the mistake of getting Almay's bright eyes shimmer pearls eyeshadow which is also, regretfully a cream. AHHH!

on 6/20/2004 12:04:00 PM

I thought the colors would go on a bit darker- they are very sheer, so it's great if you're looking for a daytime look- however, not good for night.

on 6/8/2004 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was one of those products I got based on MUA recommendations that didn't go as well as I'd hoped. First off, I think I got this in the wrong color. This was the palette that got one of the lower scores, and silly me, I thought I knew better. It's just that the colors look a lot darker and more pigmented than they really are--this didn't show up on me at all (and I have fair skin). The colors were too faint, and couldn't be layered (it got quite cakey). The only color I ended up using was the grey, which showed up more as an off-white on me. The product also didn't last even 2 hours (I have oily lids, but I put a base on)...I would get this again in some of the darker palettes, but the poor lasting power isn't worth it. Thumbs down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These shadows were great for lightening up the eyelid or for highlighting. I found that all of the colors showed up on my skin as a cream-colored shimmer (I have medium golden skin) so this particular palette may be more suited to fair skinned ladies. I would purchase these again in another color though, they were lightweight, smooth going on, easy to blend, and lasts all day.

on 5/23/2004 5:09:00 PM

It's the typical Illuminance cream, which means that it creases and doesn't last long. But the colors are so pretty, I couldn't resist. While they're on, they really light up my blue-grey eyes, especially the light pink color. But it does wear off quickly, which is disappointing but expected.

I had this on only 15 min. before I noticed it creasing! Yuck...the colors are nice, I just wish they wouldn't crease....I'm going to try and take it back...

on 4/5/2004 1:35:00 PM

What the?! This stuff seemed to crease before I even applied it. It was literally on for 3 minutes - before I noticed a greasy line of caked-on shadow stuck in my lid crease. Yuck. And I don't even have greasy lids!! This just doesn't stay put. I won't be buying this again no matter how cheap it is.

on 3/5/2004 4:07:00 PM

I just bought this, my friend had the purples on (she is very fair with black hair) and i got the pinks, as im very fair with blonde hair and green eyes. i cant say these show up much, so im a bit dissapointed. im guessing ill have to put a lot on for them to actually show up.. for now, im not super-crazy about this.

on 1/30/2004 12:29:00 AM

Love these colors because they are shimmery. Very neutral as well. I am into creme shadows now as they are easy to apply and you can just use your finger. Also loved this product because it doesnt crease like most cream shadows