Mary Kay Eyeshadows

4.1

My sister recently started selling MK and sent me some samples, including eyeshadows. I should have known to stay far away -- I tried the eyeshadow once, and woke up the next morning with a painful flare up of eczema on my eyelid. I've had similar experiences with other MK products causing problems with my sensitive skin in the past. Too bad b/c it has a nice texture & good color selection. I'll stick with bare escentuals, which seems to be more gentle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used to be a MAC junkie. I own around 25 MAC eyeshadows. I was recently introduced to Mary Kay eyeshadows and I am very impressed. One tip: Use the Mary Kay eye primer, this stuff is awesome! Anyway, the colors are great,they wear nicely and are such a deal! For less than 1/2 the price of a MAC eyeshadow, I can buy a Mary Kay eyeshadow and be just as, if not more pleased with the outcome. One of my favorites is the Lagoon duet. Also, you can use the refill by itself, or put it in one of the many color palettes that are offered. I am quite pleased with these shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Would have given it 4 lippies for quality but added the bonus 5th for the super cheap price! I bought about 5 on my own to try (I am addicted to eyeshadow) and I really liked them! I prefer them to MAC which I have at least 12 colours of! It ranks with Estee Lauder, Clinique and Bobbi Brown in my book but at least 1/3 less pricey! My mum has just given me another 15 colours of this and now I am set for life! :)

I like everything about this e/s!! Silky, easy to blend, elegant colours.. and affordable price!

Some reviewers complaint about low pigmentation, as if colours wouldn't show up at all. But one of the great advantages of these e/s is that you can actually built up intensity with layers: you can go from a sheer look to a daring one.. and that's what I call versatility -try going the opposite way, it's much more difficult 8) -

My lids are oily and I need tu use primer, but I like to test e/s and always try them several times without it. They end up fading (MK's are the longest-lasting), but while all others brands (see my Primer Potion review) leave behind patches of bare skin and fading colours, MK e/s don't.. they just lose intensity in a uniform way.

I don't give them 5 lippies because I wish I didn't need a primer.

I like most Mary Kay eyeshadows, they aren't the best shadows out there but for the price they aren't bad. If you want super pigmented bright shadow, they might not be for you, but otherwise there is a huge color selection. I've never had any problems with the shadows other than I sometimes need to use a lot to get the color that I want. Strangely though, I seem to never run out. Basically, they are good shadows, try them.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will continue to purchase M/K eyeshadows- I have about three compacts of two each and two of the larger compacts. Their eyeshadows last all day, they are easy to apply and blend, and have a wonderful silky texture. As the previous reviewer said, they don't meld into a uni-color if you apply a different color at the crease. They also are not chalky and powdery and you won't find them on your cheeks if you apply with a brush or an applicator. Really, quite outstanding quality. I am in love with these and Aveda shadows. They both last all day.
Both have annoying refillable (separate purchase) compacts, but at least you can keep on using the compact over and over and the compact for the E/S also doubles as a blush compact. For $6.50 each these are a steal. My only complaint is that Mary Kay has a plethora of medium-toned E/S, or duos that are a medium tone and a deep tone, but the lighter color is too much for the brow/bone or highlight/wash color. They need to expand their range of wash/highlight colors. They have some good ones, but not nearly enough, and not as many as their medium to deep colors.

These eyeshadows are just wonderful! The color selection is, for the most part, outstanding. There are a few duos that give me pause, but most of the seemingly strange colors I've tried have actually worked well! They feel soft and silky going on, blend and layer well, and last all day without fading or creasing!

I don't like these. They are hard to blend, but they last a little while. The colors dont appear on my skin tone like the color shown.

I love these eyeshadows! They are easy to put on (smooth and silky), they stay on, and if you are layering with more than one colour the colours do not mix to make a hideous combination (like some of the cheaper eyeshadows).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are fantastic. Super easy to blend and so silky. Very pretty colors as well. Just because they are Mary Kay doesn't mean that you shouldn't try them (some people think that Mary Kay=old people). I rank them up there with high end brand eyeshadows. I have about 5 or 6 of these. Will definitely be buying more. So cheap too!