Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

I have oily skin for a 27 year old. So, I have to fight it off with big girl cleansers, and this is where this product steps in.

I have large pores, and when I clean my skin with this cleanser, it takes care of those big suckers. I also pair it up with the Anti-blemish moisturizer with retinol, and it really solves my forehead line issue.

All in all, great product(s) and I'll continue to buy it over and over again!

OH, it does bleach sheets/bedding, so I'd be careful of the application.

on 6/8/2009 1:08:00 PM

i have used this for a long time.. i like the purposes of the cleanser, it has salicylic acid for acnes and AHA to smooth lines but both of them doesnt do any changes on my skin.. it does cleans face but i dont like the feeling everytime i used it, it is too tight and bit drying.
this is nothing and i wouldnt buy this cleanser.

on 6/6/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought both the cleanser and cream and started using it right away. Within 3 days I had a horrible bumpy red rash in my T zone.

FYI, it says on the package if you face breaks out in a rash that you should use every other day until rash disappears. I did that but every day I used the cream my face would burn. I do not, by any means, have horrible acne or sensitive skin... But this stuff made my face feel like I had razor rash all over it, everytime I used the products together.

But the rash wasn't as bad as what this cleanser & cream wasn't doing... Controlling my acne and reducing my wrinkles. After a month of off and on rashes and no change in my skin, I threw both into the trash where they belong.

on 5/21/2009 6:23:00 PM

Well, I hardly have wrinkles as I'm all of 22, but I figure prevention is key right? And I have mild acne...(aka hardly any..) but I get those occasional flareups like most people.

So I bought this...and well, I really didnt notice that it did anything good or bad for my skin. Didn't clear anything up, it obviously didnt give me any wrinkles. It was just a very bland product.

I wish there was a neutral overall rating, but 3 is giving it too much credit.

I would note that my skin felt "tight" after washing, which means it was stripping my skin of oils...but it wasn't noticably bothersome. I did not have any adverse reaction to AHA's and I don't wear sunscreen (I know...I know)

I wouldnt purchase again because its pricey face wash with very little to no result.

on 5/12/2009 12:43:00 PM

First of all, people need to keep some things in mind when using this product:

1) It says on the packaging that it may irritate skin, mainly because of the AHA's (so if you have sensitive skin then obviously you might want to think twice before using this).

2) It warns on the packaging that if you don't USE SUNSCREEN your skin may become irritated, again due to the AHA's (so... duh... wear sunscreen everyday when using this product AND for a week afterwards if you stop using it, like the packaging says).

3) It's meant for more mature skin... ergo, it will probably work best for more mature skin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on...

This cleanser is working great so far for my 28 year-old, (mildly) acne-prone, combination, large-pored skin that is showing some fine lines. I usually have those little bumps on my cheeks (not white heads or red but still annoying because they're noticable) and blackheads on my nose and chin and this seems to be helping with those as well (I also use a cream with retinol for night time use as well as Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer which also contains retinol. Retinol can help clear up acne so I'm sure that's helping as well). It also decreases the appearance of my large pores.

Lathers, well, doesn't dry my skin out (I use it in the AM and PM), and smells nice. And one tube will last forever, so that's a bonus. It has a pop-top. It would be nice if this came in pump form, but I won't take off a lippie for something so minor since I have no trouble with the pop-top packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not entirely sure how much I like this product. I wish the formula were better made. It's really difficult to find to get it out of the tube and onto my face, since it usually falls into the sink, rather than onto my hand. :[ It doesn't dry out my skin or anything. My skin feels a little tight after I use it, which kinda makes me feel like I didn't wash all of it off. I'm not sure how much it's doing in terms of anti-wrinkle, but I guess I might as well use the rest of it. My skin does look better, but I don't know if it has to do with this.

Hmm, the only good thing I can say is that it didn't dry out my combo skin. Other than that, it make my skin itchy and red.

on 3/17/2009 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this last year and really haven't had any inkling to buy it again. Im only 22 but I thought it would be a good way to start a better skincare regimine (ive been an avid tanner for 6 years) and start young on the anti aging. It made my skin smooth but one thing I remember strongly is that once i squeezed the cleanser in my hands, I had BETTER rub them together right away to get it foaming (which it also didn't do too well) because more than a few times the soap dollop would fall off my hand and wash down the drain which i've never had happen with any other product. I always have loved Neutrogena, except for this product. There are many other less expensive cleansers that work better.

I bought this cleanser because I bought the Anti-Wrinkle Anti-blemish Spf 15 cream that has such great reviews. Big mistake. Unlike the amazing cream I bought and use everyday, this cleanser dries my face out terribly. After I wash my face, it feels like it's going to crack into a million peices. It's HORRIBLE. I have to literally run to put the cream on, luckily it is a great moisturizer. I've never used a cleanser to dry my face out that bad. It's almost unbearable. I've only been using it for a week, so I'm not so sure about the results yet. My skin hasn't broken out from it. It's clearing up what few tiny bumps I do have. But then again, I'm not sure if it's the cleanser or the cream. Could be both. Luckily I don't have sensitive skin. If you do, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU. When you wash your face with this, it's almost as if you can feel the chemicals crawling into your pores and killing the bacteria. It burns. It doesn't work well in the shower either, or if your face is too wet. Because the texture is kind of gel-like, so when I wash my face in the shower, I can't even feel if its going on my face or not. Half the time it falls off my fingers it's so slick. It foams up as well...luckily because if it didn't I wouldn't be able to feel it at all. I think this would be a great product if only it didn't dry my face out so bad.

on 2/20/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this about a week ago and I like it. My skin has been very dry lately and breaking out a little...and this cleanser is helping!!! My skin looks a lot better and this doesn't dry my face out at all. I would definitely get this again.