Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 7/26/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because I was looking for a product that would mimic the cleanser that is in the Neutrogena acne system (the one with the cleanser, night treatment, and moisture lotion with SPF 15). The cleanser in that system really worked well for me and it wasn't at all irritating when I had cystic acne. I stopped using the system because my skin got a lot better, so I can't really justify spending $20 for the three product system. The Neutrogena anti-blemish anti-wrinkle cleanser is like the cleanser from the acne system in that they both only have 0.5% salicylic acid. All the other Neutrogena acne cleansers I saw had 2% salicylic acid and I thought that would be too harsh for my skin.

All in all I'm happy with this cleaner. I wish it weren't slimy and I might have to stop using it during the winter (because it might dry my skin), but during the summer it is fine since I have oily skin. It has helped clear up my pores, which is what I was looking for. So, if you are over 30 and have mild acne breakouts, I would recommend you try out this cleanser. If you are a teenager with major acne problems, I don't know why you would use this product. I would recommend you try Neutrogena's acne system.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I gave this a 2 because it did kinda help with my acne after one use and my face felt kind of smoother afterwards. I didn't care for the wrinkle benefit because I barely turned 17 but the ingredients were appealing. AHA, Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. But to the bad things; I hate the smell, I hate the texture, and the unsatisfying feeling after. I don't feel like my face is clean. Luckily I technically didn't buy this. I went to Target to buy this and the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask but afterwards I realized the lady only charged me for the mask which I have yet to try :)

on 3/29/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love how this product isn't HE so my expectation were low. I blew through my expectations. I was mailing back and forth betyween an MUAer and she was telling me spending more doesn't mean better, which I agree. I heard Neutrogena has some great cleanser. Although salicylic acic doesn't do the trick for me (i'm using 10% bezoyl peroxide) I like that this cleanser has AHA in it. It help calm down my skin. I've used all sorts of cleansers and masks and this one along with the Deep clean which contain beta hydroxy has made my skin look great. I am very happy with this pruduct. I use it with my clarisonic at least once a week. I can't believ Neutrogene has been given my skin such great result.!! My acne has been calming down and my skin has been looking better overall,

Far too harsh for my skin. Ended up causing more breakouts b/c it was so drying.

on 3/5/2011 4:32:00 PM

I'd had bad experiences with anti-aging products in the past, but was optimistic when I saw this product was from Neutrogena. The first thing I noticed was the weird consistency of the product. When I tried to rub my hands together, it wouldn't lather and would slip through my fingers into the sink. My skin didn't dry out as it had with other products, but it didn't do anything for my acne or give any observable anti-aging benefits.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser last week as I was looking for a cleanser that had some type of acid in it like AHA and behold I found this. Anti-wrinkle anti-blemish all bottled up in one. The texture of it is weird but I usually put it on my face before I get in the shower. I like to let it sit on my face so that the AHA can begin to break down the dead skin cells on my face. It does leave your skin very dry, but I actually like this as I feel like it has done its job. I make sure to put moisturizer and sunblock on afterwards. I would certainly purchase this again.

on 2/13/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second tube of this and I LOVE it. I've actually never repurchased a cleanser ever, so this says alot. I have really horrible red cystic acne along with whiteheads etc, and I think this stuff really helps. A week ago, I bought the Olay cleansing brush and use it with this cleanser and a huge nasty cyst that hadn't budged for months is flat. Before the Olay, I massaged it into my skin for at least a minute to get the exfoliating benefits. It is a bit drying, but once I follow up with moisturizer I'm good to go.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this, but didn't work out for me. It doesn't lather well, and it feels tight on my skin. Doesn't do well controlling break outs, it dried my skin instead. I still need a make up remover before using this cleanser to make sure I got rid of any trace of make up before going to bed.
Will not repurchase.

on 1/26/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This cleanser is shockingly bad. I've used many of Neutrogena's products over the years and have never experienced anything nearly as terrible as this.

Other reviewers have commented on the awful texture of the product, and I couldn't agree more. When this stuff comes out of the tube it is strangely gelatinous and will not break apart or foam up or anything. If you try to rub your hands together to make it foam up or spread apart so you can actually apply it to your face, it resists any effort to make it usable and comes apart in gooey clumps, still in the shape they took when the came out of the tube, that usually wind up in the sink or on the shower floor.

The smell is 100% old lady. And it left my face feeling like alligator skin.

Horrible product.

on 12/31/2010 2:30:00 PM

This is my favorite cleanser by far... I randomly started using it and it made my skin really soft and helped pretty well with my acne. It doesn't do the best for my acne, but I really really just like this stuff!