Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

I like this cleanser & have been using it for some time now. I think it is great for my oily/combo skin. My only complaint would be that it is hard to get the cap on & off during use, other wise I use it with an exfolliating sponge and it works great.

on 5/8/2003 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This one's no good for me. My skin is generally oily all over, but I have a few fine lines around my mouth, so I figured I'd give this a try. I figured maybe it would attack my oils without overdrying my skin.

Well, it didn't overdry my skin, but it didn't put a dent in my oils, either. I generally wash my face twice in a row, since with any face wash, once still leaves it feeling greasy. I could've washed my face five times with this stuff and not felt clean, because it feels like it leaves a slick film on my face. It was like I'd washed with extremely soft water. Finally, I just gave up and dried off.

My dermatologist recommends Neutrogena products, but maybe 90% of them seem to do me more harm than good. I won't be buying this one again. Bottom line - didn't budge the oils (so why would I think it would help me, blemish-wise?) and left a weird-feeling film. continued >>

on 5/7/2003 11:29:00 AM

I have very oily, acne prone skin (which, being 30, I thought would have calmed down by now), and this stuff is a godsend! My skin has never been clearer or healthier. It is so soft and smooth. The only thing I don't like is the smell, but I can look past it for the great results it gives me.

on 5/6/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So far I really like this cleanser. I have been using it day & night for 2 weeks now. It does leave my oily/combo skin a tad tight but nothing unbarable. I do follow up with the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle-Anti Blemish mulit vitamin moisturizer and my skin feels good. So far it has cleared up my skin from a stick foundation experiment gone bad. The only things that bother me are the smell, it has a lot of fragrance, sort of a spicy-clean smell and I generally like fragrance in general, just maybe tone this one down. Also the top is a screw off plastic type, it should be a flip type round one not oval which is kind of akward. Also, when the cleanser comes out of the tube I swear its like silly putty because I can toss a small ball between each hand and its hard to mix it with water for a good lather. The directions say to squeeze some out of the tube and apply on wet face, but I did that and the cleanser came right off into the sink. But, once you are able to lather it up, it does a fine job. Price is ok too. Target had it for around $6-$7.