LUSH Dream Wash

LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

This was my first LUSH purchase and now I am absoultely obsessed with all things LUSH! My skin is very very dry in the winter and after shaving my skin itches so bad I could scratch it raw! I tried this because the lady at the store said it was soothing. I am in love with it! I put it on after I shower and the follow it up with the Dream Cream lotion as soon as I get out and my legs feel wonderful! I would highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive, dry, itchy skin. I won't take a shower without it and have one in all of my travel bags and in the shower at my boyfriend's. Love it! I also like the packaging because if you bring 5 pots back to the store you get a free fresh face mask!

on 2/2/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Got this as part of the Season's Greetings Christmas gift set. And just love it. It is creamy, and very soothing, and I've read that some people even use it as a facial cleanser and even to wash their 'lady bits' (as some reviewer on another site put it). For me, I've been using it to, well, as a wash (with water of course) for after I've been to the toilet (sorry if it's too much info... ), and it's been very good and soothing. I guess it's because of its calamine lotion. In a way, it's like a cream version of Fresh Farmacy, and I think most of the ingredients bear out too. Will definitely repurchase as I just love the texture.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this along with Dream Cream in hopes that this combination would pack a one-two punch against my dry, sensitive skin. No dice. Dream Wash left my skin feeling tight and EXTREMELY itchy. I was bummed out as it claims to soothe sensitive & irritated skin and contains calamine. I'm not totally sure what did it, but I'm guessing it's the fragrance, as I have an extreme sensitivity to any fragrances in body wash/lotion, etc. Also, I dislike the pot. It's messy and difficult to work with while in the shower.

on 1/31/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Lush's Dream Cream for a few weeks and it's made such a difference to the dry, sensitive skin on my legs. When I saw the Dream Wash the last time I was in the store I picked it up immediately, imagining it to be a creamy, extremely moisturizing wash, something that would compliment the cream and make the soothing effect even better.
This doesn't really seem to do this at all. When I first opened the tub the thick cream and soft pink colour looked lovely and I imagined it would be quite oily and smooth. However, when i scooped some out it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The product has a slightly cool feel to the touch, it feels colder than a normal shower gel, if that makes any sense. The texture is also extremely strange, I think the best way I could describe it would be that it's kind of waxy or like putty. If you were to press the product lightly with your finger and then take it off, nothing would stick to your finger at all. It doesn't glide well over my skin when I rub it on and doesn't seem to lather. I'm sure it's still doing it's job but the lack of any sort of lather doesn't quite give me that 'clean' feeling when i've finished showering. Once I rinse off, my legs are still left with a kind of powdery residue and feel slightly dry rather than soft and moisturized as I has expected. My legs get quite badly irritated after I epilate and I've noticed that this had improved recently, although I'm not sure whether this is down to the Dream Cream alone. The Dream Wash certainly hasn't made things worse, but I can't help thinking that given the product's powdery texture and the slightly drying effect, it would be more suitably marketed towards oily, acne-prone skin than someone with sensitive, dry, flaky skin. My boyfriend has oily skin and gets a little acne on his back. He's tried this out and thinks that it has actually dried up those little spots and his back does in fact look clearer. It's not exactly that this doesn't work for me because as I said it doesn't irritate at all, it's just that it doesn't give the gentle moisturising relief I was hoping for.
The smell is subtle - soft fresh lavender with a touch of tea tree - and i find it fresh, natural and really pleasant

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence with this one. I didn't really hate it, but I didn't love it either. The smell isn't bad. I'm pretty sure it smells like calamine and I couldn't really pick out any other prominent scents. I didn't find it did anything for the bumps I get on the back of my upper arm, which was the main reason I bought it, so that was a little disappointing. However, everyone is different, so I can't give this a horrible scoring based on that. The one thing that really bugged me was that I tended to lose a lot of this down the drain. It just didn't want to stay on the wash cloth or my skin long enough for me to rub it around. I ended up using it up pretty quickly because of that. Maybe I'm just a little special when it comes to using this sort of product...? Either way, it was frustrating and I felt like I was contaminating the pot every time I got more out, which I probably was. I did feel clean afterwards and no irritation from this at all, but it's not worth it for the price and results for me.

PROS - nice smell, non-irritating
CONS - pricey, didn't help calm my skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a body wash, but I have used it as a face wash. It has the same ingredients as Fresh Pharmacy but is a creamy wash. I like that it calms my skin. What I don't like is that rinsing it off does leave a residue. I do recommend this for sensitive and acne-prone skin. But, I would only recommend it once a day. You will want to use an exfoliator or something that will take off the residue. It doesn't clog pores, but it does feel like it leaves a slight layer -- even with the use of a wash cloth. All in all though, this is a good product and totally worth a try.

on 6/5/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the ONLY thing my son can use on his skin! His skin is ALWAYS itching no matter what, he doesn't seem to have eczema or rashes or anything, just skin that never stops itching! I've tried everything on it I tried moisturizing him with oils and lotions but he can't stand them, and after a few hours he still itches anyways. But I actually was so lucky as to get a tub of this for free, good thing too because I never would've thought to buy it. And it worked a MIRACLE on his skin, it's the only thing I can use on his skin and not have him spend the whole day scratching away. Someone said it's like calamine cream, well the tub is a whole lot huger than a teentsy little tube of calamine cream, and it doesn't leave pink patches, and it really cleans too. A real life-saver this wash!

on 5/28/2010 3:23:00 PM

I originally purchased this to replace a shower gel and wanted to try something new that would be good for dry, sensitive skin. It has a light non-descript floral scent, is pink "goo", has natural ingredients and comes in a black tub. For a shower wash, I wasn't too impressed with the results, considering the cost and for showering purposes I would not repurchase but would repurchase for another reason - helps with bug bites (only read on if interested about bug bites).
Dreamwash isn't as moisturizing as I wanted and it was going to be a return, until I got a large mosquito bite. I figured, it has calamine powder and other good skin stuff so I scooped a little and put it on the bite.
Well, it worked GREAT!! It stopped the irritation and was definitely easier to use than 100% calamine lotion, which leaves your skin with dried pink spots where applied, needs cotton balls, etc. I rewash if the irritation reoccurs and a little goes a long way. Dreamwash reduced the inflammation to help my skin heal faster. If you use this with Coalface Cleanser, the results are even better! Coalface has "active charcoal" which also helps treat bug bites. (You can read more about active charcoal & bug bites, scroll down under "Tips and Warnings" at this site: http://www.ehow.com/how_5117810_administer-activated-charcoal.html ) Would repurchase for this reason!
PROs
-Very slight moisturizing
-Light scent, not overbearing
-Great for bug bites, reducing inflammation
-Natural ingredients, i.e. calamine, chamomile, etc.
-LUSH has a great return policy
CONs
-Not as moisturizing as other LUSH products
-Pricey at $19.95
-Tub allows for germs to get in, need a scoop

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'll be brief about this product as i could go on for quite some time.

I have eczema. Nothing to write home about. Its on the tops of both my arms and sometimes spreads to my lower arm (but only on the right??)

At the time I used this I was also using the dream Cream moisturiser and had heard miraculous things about both the products.

In short it didn't work for me. I know people who have used this product (and Dream Cream) and it has cured a lifetime of eczema or psoriasis so please do give it a go if you suffer from dry skin and have heard that it works. Just don't get your hopes up like I did as with some people it just doesn't work. :(

Smells nice, sort of soft and camomile-y. The lather is creamy so don't expect bubbles but it's nice all the same. Best of luck that it works for you.

on 5/6/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

okay i think lush should market this product as a face wash..............i use dreamwash at night on my face ..it removes makeup and its great i just luv it..its a great alternative if u like aqua marina or fresh farmacy..i bought this pdt bcoz my neck gets itchy sometimes and this gives me instant relief...one lucky day my order for aqua marina and fresh farmacy was delayed so i used this and whoa.........my skin felt so smooth and it gave me a fresh healthy glow .. i use this regularly as a face wash and now i dont get a single pimple or whitehead on my face its like a miracle for me and plus the tub will last me for ages so its more economical .my grease lightning started working on my spots since i paired it with dreamwash..it works wonder on my skin ..i just luv it .thank u lush;-)

Popular Gels/Soaps