Chantecaille Talc Free Loose Powder

Chantecaille Talc Free Loose Powder

4.4

on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.

on 12/9/2004 1:31:00 AM

Packaging is terrible - powder goes everywhere. But the powder itself is wonderful!

on 12/25/2004 1:42:00 PM

I hate this product. I purchased Chantecaille loose powder in subtle due to the recommendation of the sales clerk at bergdorfs. This is too dark while the vanilla was too light. It does not apply well at all. It settles around every line and imperfection. The packaging is poorly conceived. It is messy and a potential makeup disaster waiting to happen. Just the worst loose powder I have ever tried and the most expensive makeup blunder. It makes me mad just spotting it on my vanity. 1 lippie just to be kind.

on 2/19/2005 2:40:00 PM

Very high quality powder, does not make skin look "powdery" even on my dry days. Package spills as everyone says - I have a very tight makeup bag I keep it in. Package is attractive - maybe they can keep the look but prevent the spillage somehow.

on 3/13/2005 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am a ddd and have this in Shadow. I have sensitive combi-nation skin that tends to be more oily during the summer months. I love this powder and the fact that I experience no irritation whatsover! I have found that by using a powder brush and "buffing" the powder on to my skin gives me lasting matte coverage that is better than when I used the puff that comes with the powder. I use blotting sheets on the sheen that breaks through in my T-zone. This is HG for me as it does what it promises without the irritation or greyish/ashy cast I have exper-ienced with other lines. If you can find a color that works for you - I say it is worth every penny. Treat yourself and enjoy!

I have the loose powder in Subtle. The powder is very sheer and provides a natural finish. I like the fact that it's talc-free but it's just not matte enough for me. The packaging is so pretty, but have to open carefully to avoid spilling. It is definitely a very good quality powder, but the shade choice is very poor. I'll not buy this again because I prefer either T. LeClerc or Chanel better.

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

One of my HG powders....actually, this IS my HG powder....but I haven't yet tried Cle de Peau, which is on my list. Even so, this is very luxurious and finely-milled. It suits my skin perfectly. I use the translucent.

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

UPDATE.... finally tried Cle de Peau....and it blows Chantecaille out of the water!

on 1/10/2006 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This woud have been a great powder, but the lightest shade is not quite a good match for my Armani #2, Chantecaille Alabaster, LM Porcelain Ivory skin.

on 2/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an incredible product, and worth the money. This jar will last forever, and makes my skin look perfect.

I'll likely never buy another loose powder.

My only complaint is the powder sometimes spills over the sides....other than that...perfect. It is so finely milled, it makes Nars loose powder look chunky, and does a wonderful job at controlling oil.

I wear it overtop of Tarte Smooth Operator foundation for a guaranteed perfect skin day.