MILANI Smooth Finish - Sunset Beach

Not tested on animals

on 1/17/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Okay, so I bought a bunch of blushes that were recommended here on this site. I tested this one along with Nars Torrid and Gilda. I must say that although NARS is a higher end blush, I would take Milani's any day. For one, it gives me the most natural flush on my tan/dark skin and also leaves a beautiful glow. Then there is the caking factor, and this blush performed very well as it did not cake or settle into my large pores. Now, last but not least, it's the price. I mean, seriously, how often can you find an amazing blush with great quality for less than $20?
Unfortunately these have been discontinued by Milani for less than stellar blush duos that lack in the color variety and great texture department.

on 8/25/2007 1:31:00 AM

Huge Milani fan! How could they discontinue these gems?? SUNSET BEACH imo, is the BEST blush from Milani! Faaaar better than “luminous” or “mango tango”. If you happen to come across this blush whether it be in store or on a swap list- GET IT!!! I agree whole heartedly with everything anniele has said about this blush. I would like to add that this works great as a bronzer, depending on your skin tone. On my NC40-42 complexion, this adds that hint of healthy, glowyness like you can only get from a Caribbean vacation. This in no way looks dirty, fake or sparkly. You only need to use sparingly. Sunset beach really, truly is reminiscent of spending a day at the beach. If I could, I would use this daily, but I’m afraid I’ll run out!

on 3/14/2007 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of two drugstore blushes I own and I am very pleased! Dirt cheap, but it is definitely a smooth finish blush with great pigment. I think this would look beautiful on anyone with a warm skintone, I have dark skin (NW45) and can apply this with my regular MAC blush brush without running the risk of over applying.

on 2/6/2007 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE. THIS. I have never used a terracotta colored blush before - I have always gravitated to pinks and peaches, just because they're so cute and fun. But when I stopped by my local CVS to pick up a Luminous, I thought hey, what the hell, and picked up Sunset Beach as well. 50% off, how could I go wrong? Well, I'm VERY glad that I bought this - it's the first blush that I've ever owned that I could describe as "glamorous" - not "cute" or "sweet." A very light dusting on my cheeks and I look like I've just come back from a week in the Caribbean or something. I'm naturally a medium tan all year round (except for summer, when I obviously get darker - it's California) and it shows up well on my NC35 skin. It definitely gives me the healthy, bronzed, sunkissed look that all the actresses have. And the best part - there's NO SHIMMER! WOO! At 24, I have grown out of my fondness for shimmery blushes, so this is absolutely perfect for me. Stays on all day, great texture, totally natural looking. I can't compare this with any other similarly colored blushes, because as I said, I've never bought or tried a blush even close to this color family before. But I really can't imagine finding anything better. And the PRICE! I mean, come on. It's like they're giving it away! I'm going to run out and stock up before they're all gone!

on 3/25/2006 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great blush--just the wrong color for me. It's a matte terracotta brown/orange...but the orange tones require patience and a lot of blending to work with my NC30 skintone. I'll have to pass. So far, this is the only Milani blush that don't absolutely love--that's not a bad record.

on 3/19/2006 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of the very few powder blushes that I use, as personally I just much prefer gel blushes & stains. I like this terracotta shade for when I want a warm blush shade that is bit deeper than a peach, but not quite a bronzer either. Quite a unique shade IMO. Until or unless I find a gel blush or stain in a shade like this I would repurchase.

on 3/19/2006 1:29:00 AM

Sunset Beach really is quite bright for my LLL/FFF, NC25 skin, even after applying with a light hand. I found this to be harder to work with than Mango Tango for my complexion. That said, just like other Milani blushes, the quality is excellent - finely milled and very pigmented. The color is just not for me so I won't repurchase, but it may work quite well for others.

on 3/14/2006 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I just started my affair with Milani. This is my first Milani blush and I love it. It really brightens up my complexion (NC42). The color looks like a peachy terracotta on me. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and did a double take cause I was struck by how pretty the blush looked. Definitely a keeper. I will be trying more Milani everything, my new favorite drugstore brand.

on 12/23/2005 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A matte orangey-brown color. Very very pigmented. Sadly, I can't use it since I'm really really fair. I can't wear warm blushers, the furthest I can go is with shades of pale apricot. This is very very warm and just not suitable for me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Matte deep bronze-cinnamon color. Very pretty on my DDD skin and on almost all my clients. Lives up to the name. I reach for this all the time. Smooth texture. Finely milled. Blends easily on cheeks and eyes. Use a light hand. Highly pigmented. A little goes a long way. Cost $4 at CVS. ***** 4/23/08 UPDATE: Use Black Radiance 'Soft Honey' more than Sunset Beach. So won't repurchase.

Popular Blush Products