Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

4.3

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 4/20/2008 6:16:00 PM

This is a nice, basic cleanser for sensitive skin or for those of you seeking to simply clean and then treat problematic skin afterwards. I used this while I was doing the acne.org regimen and while I'm off the regimen, this cleanser wasn't a factor. Gentle, non-irritating and effective, but didn't prevent breakouts for me, so I'm back with my first favorite, Noxzema. Slightly overpriced for what it does, but removes makeup well and if I needed a gentle cleanser again for some reason this'd be what I pick up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is wonderful but Johnson & Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash is exactly like this stuff (except w/a different texture, Purpose is thinner and Head to Toe baby wash has a thicker consistency, not much difference and it does have a mild fragrance) for a *much* cheaper price and you get way more for your buck. Purpose used to be my HG til I discovered Head to Toe baby wash. Both are gentle basics that do the job--I can use both to wash my MAC fluidline which are notoriously hard to remove without hurting my eyes, esp. Head to Toe baby wash. They really do the job--cleans my make up off without scrubbing or a weird residue. This cleanser is just perfect, it cleans without being overly harsh/dry/ having unnecessary fragrance. Great for my sensitive acne prone, combination skin. If you like this cleanser, you *have* to try Johnson's Head to Toe baby wash. I took 1 star off of this review b/c of the price, you get so much more for cheaper w/Head to Toe.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a back to basics face cleanser. It keeps things simple, as face cleansers should. I use it everyday and have found it to do what its supposed to do. My face is squeaky clean and I will definitely be buying this again and again. I like that its not heavily fragrant and has no dyes in it.

on 2/17/2008 10:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

best face wash ever...especially with me on accutane....
even washes off make up easily.
cant use anything else while on accutane.
its perfect, dont know what id do without it, cuz anything else irritates and dries out skin.
love it but now I save and getsame results (read ingredients label) and use the johnson&johnson baby shampoo on my face!! no tears formula gentle as water..same thing! I save BIG $, I was paying.. $6 too often for that small pump bottle (pump often doesnt work too)..and now pay like $4 for a bottle 2-3 times the ounces yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

this is a staple product for me. i use it every single morning and every single night. it has no medications in it and it's a very simple, basic cleanser. it leaves my face feeling tingly and clean. it doesnt clog my pores and the pump on the bottle is sooo great, just one pump is the perfect amount. i just love the way this makes my face feel :)

I have bought this at least 5 times.. I only use this cleanser because it has worked the best out of all the cleansers I've used so far. The pump is great. It is really soft against my skin but it works well - it evens out my skintone and doesn't smell and it feels good. Wonderful!

on 12/30/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a gentle, basic and plain cleaser. And that is a good thing! I have worked in the beauty industry and am not won easily with claims made by the cosmetic industry. Such as shampoo made from truffles or seaweed extracts---puleez! But this does what it claims to do. Takes off your makeup, doesn't leave residue, minimal stripping of your natural oils. Like shampoo, a facial cleanser CLEANSES your face, that is all it should do. Those medicated kinds and those with exfoliants-chemical not granules-cannot do much because they do not stay on the skin long enough for those chemicals to penetrate through the layers. Shampoo is a detergent, so is a cleanser. So do not spend $18, or $45 or even higher for something so basic. Invest on serums and potions, not detergents. This is great for those using AHAs, BHAs, Retinoids, and all other potent skincare ingredients since you need to treat your extra gently, those who wear makeup everyday, oily skinned folks like me, sensitive skinned folks too and everyone else to wants a $6.99 cleanser that lasts 3 months when used twice a day. DOES NOT TRIGGER BREAKOUTS.

on 12/29/2007 11:30:00 AM

Finally! A cleanser that doesn't leave my face feeling dry after I wash it. I've tried numerous cleansers trying to find something that doesn't dry out my combo, but easily dehydrated, skin, and this is it! Hooray!

on 12/5/2007 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

though I do not normally use this any more it's not because it's a bad product. I actually found it to be a great product that was gentle on my skin, didn't dry me out, and was just a great basic cleanser. I do still use it occasionally since my b/f uses it, so it's always in our shower. Also I LOVE the scent of this. I don't normally like my face products to be fragranced at all, but it's such a nice smell that I just don't care. anyway, it's a great no frills, basic cleanser, and since it's easy to find I often recommend it to friends who are looking for a new one.

I use this at night to wash off my makeup and it does a great job. I like that its frangrance, soap and oil free. It doesnt irritate my skin and keeps oil away. I always get the perfect amout i need with the pump. A bottle is really cheap and lasts several months. I will be re-purchasing.

Popular Face Skincare Products