Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Johnson & Johnson Purpose Cleanser

3.8

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium EDTA. [7/30/15]

on 12/22/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is supposed to be as gentle as water, but it dries out my skin. It isnt very effective at removing dirt and makeup from my face and it doesnt lather enough for me to feel my skin getting clean. I have the clarisonic brush and it is ok to use with it, but if I were using this alone it wouldnt do much of anything. I prefer foaming cleansers those are better at removing face excess.

on 10/1/2009 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used this product for almost 2 months now. I have mild acne, and while this stuff took off makup, dirt, oil ect. it didn't help with my acne at all. In fact it dried out my skin so much that my skin can't heal properly becuase all of the natural oil was stirpped out of my skin. I use Differin and spot treat with BP and because this dried out my skin so much I can't use either of those products. I'm going back to my beloved Cetaphil, which doesn't remove makeup like Purpose, but it is gentle on my skin and feels good, and I can use the Differin and BP when I use Cetaphil.

on 6/2/2009 9:32:00 PM

i bought this after seeing a lot of good reviews. i needed a new regimen with so i bought this as a daily cleanser for my acne prone combination skin. it cleans really well and lathers really quicly.
BUT i dont think its deep cleansing enough for people with acne. and its not really supposed to be. its a gentle cleanser and it was my mistake to use it to treat my acne. i actually got a lot of deep pimples and whiteheads and etccc. buut you can feel the squeakky cleannesss; SO i recommend this for ppl with oily skin and no acne.

on 10/31/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would say this is a good basic cleanser. Definitely no bells and whistles. Works good for my sensitive skin though and doesn't seem to cause dryness, but I have pretty oily skin. My bf person used it once to wash his face and it dryed him out something awful but he has really dry skin in the first place. I'd recommend this stuff with the caveat that you shouldn't expect any miracles.

This is the best face wash I've ever used. I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, and this product made my face feel clean and soft, and doesn't over-dry like other washes I've used. It is even gentle enough to take off eye makeup. My brother has more severe acne, and he saw much improvement by this wash alone (he switched from cetaphil). I'm on my second bottle, and my brother bought one for himself.
I rinse my face gently with cool water, lather a little of the product in my hands, and smooth it over my skin and eyes to get off oil, dirt, and makeup. Then rinse with plenty of cool water. I am very happy with this product.

UPDATE: Nearly 5 years later and I still love this face wash. I admit, I have strayed now and again, tempted by the promises of fancy face washes and their exotic natural ingredients, but nothing works quite as well at getting my skin clean and at a nice equilibrium.

on 7/21/2008 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use a lot of makeup.So I was skeptical about this cleansing my face thoroughly...I used my vaseline removing my eye make up, then I washed my face with 1 pump, and BAM! My face was nice and squeaky (not stripped though) clean...simplicity at it's best...

Although I have Head to toe Baby Wash from my daughters baby shower, I prefer buying the $8 bottle for myself!!!Repurchase for me!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great face soap for sensitive skin. On particular hot days or during my period I have to use a toner but I find this to be the perfect face soap. It can be combined with any other products without drying out your skin or causing breakouts

on 12/30/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a gentle, basic and plain cleaser. And that is a good thing! I have worked in the beauty industry and am not won easily with claims made by the cosmetic industry. Such as shampoo made from truffles or seaweed extracts---puleez! But this does what it claims to do. Takes off your makeup, doesn't leave residue, minimal stripping of your natural oils. Like shampoo, a facial cleanser CLEANSES your face, that is all it should do. Those medicated kinds and those with exfoliants-chemical not granules-cannot do much because they do not stay on the skin long enough for those chemicals to penetrate through the layers. Shampoo is a detergent, so is a cleanser. So do not spend $18, or $45 or even higher for something so basic. Invest on serums and potions, not detergents. This is great for those using AHAs, BHAs, Retinoids, and all other potent skincare ingredients since you need to treat your extra gently, those who wear makeup everyday, oily skinned folks like me, sensitive skinned folks too and everyone else to wants a $6.99 cleanser that lasts 3 months when used twice a day. DOES NOT TRIGGER BREAKOUTS.

on 7/24/2007 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use it to cleanse my face at night because it washes off my makeup easily, leaves that clean feeling that I love, and it doesn't have freakin' Jessica Simpson as its spokesmodel!

This stuff is great because it doesn't do anything except for what its supposed to do. It won't make me look younger, give me a soft glow, or promise anything. It cleans my face.

The packaging leaves much to be desired though if you are expecting to use it in the shower. At some point, water gets inside the bottle and starts diluting the product. For a while I thought I was never going to finish the bottle, but it was just more water. Keep in on the sink or put it in a different container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love that this does not dry my skin but leaves it feeling "cleaner" than Cetaphil does. The foam is really nice and it removes makeup well. HG cleanser!

Popular Face Skincare Products