John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 7/3/2009 2:28:00 AM

I have really long unusually thick (thin hair but a lot of it) asian hair, past my waist bc I'm growing it out to donate. Anyways, for 2 months I've suffered dry strawish hair and i didn't have a clue why! Turns out I've been using the wrong kind of shampoo (Herbal Essence drama clean bc bf likes using it to get the gunk out of his hair---pure poison it is!) THEN i started reading about the horrors of sulfates and parabens and non ph balanced shampoos and just nasty stuff for your hair. I researched and researched and came upon John Masters. This stuff ain't cheap! But the quality.......it's wonderful to say the least. I could go on...but anyways this detangler is great. It's awesome, it's kickass, it's splendiferous! it has made my hair wonderfully soft and detangles it so well. I use a small amount, warm it up with my hands and smooth it over the hair past my ears and taddah! renewed magical wonderful hair! I use this as a leave in condition, never as a wash out conditioner bc let's face it..it's too expensive to just wash away. Well to me it is, for you it could be a diff. story. I love it. Though the smell isn't that appealing to me, for some reason it sorta smelled like fish food flakes for a brief tiny second on my hair...but I asked other people and they say 'citrusy'..must be me. I guess it smells fine to me, I just like it bc it's a great product :) Oh yeah, my hair regimen now is condition and thoroughly rinse with organic coconut oil 1x weekly, paraben sulfate free shampoo/conditioner (avalon), this daily, John Masters honey hibiscus reconstructing 'poo 1x weekly. Ain't cheap but my long hair feels freaking fantastic!

on 6/27/2009 10:51:00 PM

In the past I would spend 20 mins or more in the shower brushing out my super long curly hair. Tried tons of detanglers n nothing helped. I use this and at most 5 mins my hair is completely tangle free!!! I love the smell as well! - fresh citrus.

on 6/26/2009 11:13:00 AM

I bought this b/c I was looking for a light conditioner that I could use in place of shampoo. I have thick coarse and wavy hair that acts up when washed too frequently. I am following the curly-girl's philosophy here. I have also tried lowpoo and nopoo. I have also had great luck with using lighter drugstore conditioners and they work great, but I am really don't like buying stuff with tons of chemicals, esp parabens and petroleum products. (And don't worry, I still use real shampoo [but still non-SLS] once or twice a week.)

In this "shampooing" capacity, this conditioner worked pretty well. My hair was lightly cleansed and refreshed without being stripped. If you're someone exploring options for using conditioner rather than shampoo a few days of the week, you might consider this option.

The real reason that I don't want to repurchase is that something in here makes my scalp itch. Urgh.

This is a rich by drugstore standards but relatively light by organic conditioner standards (since most are oil based and don't have parabens which means they can't use as much water-based ingredients). I only used it as a rinse-out conditioner but it says that you can leave it in.

on 3/25/2009 12:01:00 PM

FINALLY! I have FINALLY found a detangler that actually WORKS! Yes, a detangler that REALLY DETANGLES... And a wonderful bonus of a fantastic smell !!!! (Lots of very fine, long, straight, color-treated hair). CanNOT say enough good things about this product...!

on 3/14/2009 1:01:00 PM

Fantabulas!!! It was the best thing I've ever used on my hair, it made my skelp feel moisturized, and it made my hair feel soft and silky. The smell relaxed me, but made me feel more awake at the same time.
Though it's pretty exspensive, I'd buy this again. I love, love, love it!!

on 3/3/2009 1:34:00 PM

FANTASTIC!!! this is one conditioner i always buy again and again.
My hair is thick, but only dry on the ends. This conditioner is potent enough to fully condition and smooth my ends, but does not weigh down the rest of my hair like other waxy formulations. It's a miracle! The conditioner smells divine, a very natural non-chemical scent and the product feels like it rinses out well. Highly recommend!

It smells really good! But i think maybe it's too healty for my hair that doesn't work on me at all.Even its smell is so impressive for first try, i think i will not purchase it again.

on 1/20/2009 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think some people want this to be a traditional conditioner. It isn't - the bottle even says detangler. WIth that said, it smells great. My hair is very long and snarls easily, but it's in good condition. If I don't put conditioner or detangler on it, it is painful to comb post-shower. This stuff helps detangle wonderfully. If you are looking for something to solve other hair issues, perhaps a traditional thicker conditioner would be better.

on 11/23/2008 8:24:00 PM

Oh my stars....this stuff is incredible. I am very impressed. I've been wanting this for a while, but never got around to getting to Whole Foods or Earth Fare to pick it up. Well, I finally did and used it today for the first time. First off, about my hair....I did not have the pleasure of being blessed with fantastic hair. It's okay hair. Why? Basically, it is very fine, very straight and because of years of highlights and other torture treatments, it's also quite fragile and has a tendency to fly away and feel dry. I only use SLS free shampoos & natural conditioners. I find that natural conditioners usually aren't as user-friendly as their chemical counterparts in terms of smoothing hair and making it tangle free. That is...until I tried JM's Citrus & Neroli Detangler. I saw on the bottle that it could be used as a leave-in and because it is Sunday, I figured what the hey....if my hair came out looking icky, I didn't have anywhere to go. So I washed my hair, and squeezed the water out. Then I applied a couple TBSPs to my shoulder length hair and let it sit a couple minutes. Then I did a very quick rinse, leaving most of it in. When I took my towel off and blow dried my hair, I was nothing short of amazed at how soft it was, and how much swing & body it had. That's a miracle for my hair! It doesn't feel coated, heavy or any other thing I hate about bad conditioners. In the shower, it detangled my hair quickly and easily. I absolutely love this stuff. I will try it tomorrow rinsing it all out & see how it does. I know using it as a leave-in was spectacular. Hate the cost (took lippie away for that), but will buy it again as long as it performs! Love, love, love!

on 1/11/2009 9:52:00 AM

Found this too light for my coarse and dry hair as a rinse out conditioner but is good as a leave in one - doesnt weigh my hair down leaving it lovely and soft. LOvely smell and would probably repurchase but wouldnt be an absolute necessity if i had a thrifty month.