John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 12/11/2012 11:43:00 AM

I'm really impressed with this product! It works great for me as a leave-in conditioner, especially when I do an apple cider vinegar rinse first. My hair is dry, wavy/curly and prone to tangles. This product detangles really well, and leaves my curls soft and nicely conditioned without weighing it down. I wash my hair every 3/4 days and let it air-dry. This detangler works well at keeping frizz at bay- any remaining frizz I can tackle with some hair oil.

The price is a bit hefty (especially when bought in Europe), however you only need a small amount, so the bottle should last you for a long time. I've had mine for two and a half months and I've finished only a third of the bottle. The smell is divine too, it smells natural and uplifting.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is what it says it is, a detangler. It's not a heavy-duty conditioner, and I know back when I had a full head of highlights this would have had a conditioning impact of zero, but on natural hair it's perfect and just what I need for detangling and keeping static at bay. I use it with the Zinc & Sage shampoo and I think I'm on my fourth bottle. I'll definitely keep repurchasing it. I adore the citrus-y fragrance too!

on 5/7/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Wow - I am so pleased with the way this smooths my dry, coarse, curly, thick hair, yet no obvious weigh-down. I can forget about blowdrying if I want a slightly wild look. A little product goes a long way and it's one luxury hair item I don't mind spending the bucks on. Worth every cent. I'd just about given up on conditioners, and then I tried JM detangler. There is also a peppermint-rosemary version which is also wonderful.
In fact, I am using almost all JM products, from shampoo to body wash to serum.

NIce flip-up bottle cap and totally recyclable bottle.

on 10/24/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far one of the best organic conditioners I've used. My hair is fine and my scalp gets oily easily. This conditioner balances everything out. My hair is left soft yet bouncy. Plus I absolutely love Neroli, so the scent is a super plus.

on 6/8/2011 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This is THE BEST conditioner (detangler) that I've ever used and I am sure it will be one of the best out there.
I use it with Evening Primrose shampoo from John Masters Organics and it works wonder. I always had dry coarse hair and had lots of fly-aways. But while I am using this detangler, my hair is so smooth and soft that I couldn't stop touching them. It also made my hair look very silky. I have no complaints at all for the product quality.
The only down side is the price. It is $16 for 8 oz. in the States, but it cost me $22.50 ($25 after tax) in Canada. I have short - medium length hair and I go through a bottle every month. I use this product half of a year and cheaper products for the other half. I wish it was a little bit cheaper like $16 or even $18.

on 5/4/2011 1:35:00 AM

This is my 1st review on MUA. Love this product as it's organic and therefore has no silicones. Most of the other conditioners which help to detangle my hair are full of 'cones, so I am like "tricked" into thinking product is good & detangles but if left with lots of build-up & oily hair.

Most importantly, it WORKS well as a detangler and conditioner. My hair is super SUPER tangled/ tangly. I cannot comb my wet hair at all and if a good conditioner doesn't exist in this world, I would have chopped off all my locks and have a boy-like short crop.

Unlike what other reviews have said, I do not feel that this Detangler is heavy, sticky, etc. In fact, I use it both as a rinse-off and a leave-in (had to, coz my hair is the most tangled bunch of locks in the world or so I think, haha). Btw, I am located in Singapore, where the weather is summer & hot 365 days a year.

I love the smell too. Citrus like smell that makes me feel refreshed after my bath. The only thing I do not like about this item is the price. Though it is available by distributers in Singapore, I pay like USD23 which is like Sing$30! In US, it retails for USD16 online with free shipping and people already feel it's expensive. Perhaps I might grabt botles of the larger 35 fl oz if I ever holiday in the US.

Best part of John Masters product - they are NOT tested on animals! Such a company is definitely my top choice when it comes to buying any skincare, shampoo, cream, etc.

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is literally what it claims to be: a detangler. Aside from the divine smell and texture, it really allows me to brush my wet hair super smoothly. It also works well in treating and preventing split ends. It is perfect when used in conjunction with the Lavender and Rosemary Shampoo from the same brand. Some people use it as a leave-on conditioner but I find this usage to be too heavy on my hair, it kind of leaves it greasy, so I prefer to rinse the product off after a few minutes from the application. Expensive (16) but worh every penn. I honestly don't think there will ever be a better conditioner out there. Will repurchase again and again!

Soo glad a friend of mine who is also obsessed with all natural hair care recommended this as a conditioner as honestly I would have never thought to buy it since I thought it was a leave-in. I already love John Masters products and use many of them for my skincare which I have switched to only natural items as well. This conditioner isn't the typical heavy mask (gel cream like consistancy) I am used to but honestly I just love all the amazing ingredients and really feel it over time does soo much for your scalp and hair. I use this with my Enjoy SLS Free Hydrating Shampoo and my hair is in amazing shape. I also love that this is so slim and great for travel and can double as a leave-in cream if I need to. Also smells amazing and really is worth the price and will last as long as you don't go crazy using half the bottle trying to get this to be a deep conditioning mask as yes it's super light but I jsut alternate between this and my HG Macadamia Nut Oil Deep Repair Masque throughout the week. I have tried so many different natural shampoos and conditioners and it is definitely not easy finding something natural that also delivers results, but this Conditioner is definitely one of the best. WIll never go back to using chemicals/silicones on my face or hair again! :)

on 8/5/2010 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice conditioner/detangler. Smells lovely - citrusy light, natural formula (no bad chemicals), doesn't wear your hair down, makes it shiny and silky. Also, I use it as a detangler on kids which is great - no safety concerns and works like magic!! Will buy again. The only con - it's pricey. Lasted me 2+ months but I don't wash my hair every day.