John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler
Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 6/26/2009 11:13:00 AM

I bought this b/c I was looking for a light conditioner that I could use in place of shampoo. I have thick coarse and wavy hair that acts up when washed too frequently. I am following the curly-girl's philosophy here. I have also tried lowpoo and nopoo. I have also had great luck with using lighter drugstore conditioners and they work great, but I am really don't like buying stuff with tons of chemicals, esp parabens and petroleum products. (And don't worry, I still use real shampoo [but still non-SLS] once or twice a week.)

In this "shampooing" capacity, this conditioner worked pretty well. My hair was lightly cleansed and refreshed without being stripped. If you're someone exploring options for using conditioner rather than shampoo a few days of the week, you might consider this option.

The real reason that I don't want to repurchase is that something in here makes my scalp itch. Urgh.

This is a rich by drugstore standards but relatively light by organic conditioner standards (since most are oil based and don't have parabens which means they can't use as much water-based ingredients). I only used it as a rinse-out conditioner but it says that you can leave it in.

It smells really good! But i think maybe it's too healty for my hair that doesn't work on me at all.Even its smell is so impressive for first try, i think i will not purchase it again.

on 9/20/2008 9:43:00 PM

A good softening conditioner with a really pleasant scent. Can also be applied as a leave on conditioner although I do it only on at the ends of my hair. It is alright for slightly dry hair but those with very dry hair should go for something stronger.

on 7/3/2005 9:50:00 PM

This conditioner smells wonderful, but paired with the Zinc Shampoo, doesn't leave enough moisture in my hair. Second (non-wash) day is rather fly-away, but on the other hand, my hair combs out easily right after washing. I look for conditioners to leave my hair soft and shiney, and this did an okay job...not great, not bad... My hair is fine and curly...shoulder length.

on 4/15/2013 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My fine hair becomes flat and greasy. Works better on my husband's dry hair as a leave-in conditioner.

on 6/11/2011 3:06:00 PM

This conditioner i way to light for my hair. It does absolutely nothing for my dry hair. Think it's better suited for fine hair that doesn't need a lot of moisturizing.

on 1/25/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner smells great and feels really smooth. I really wanted to like it, but even thou it does detangle my color treated, long, thick hair, it also leaves it greasy and heavy. I really can't use this at all.

One of the few products I would go out of my way to not recommend. It has a nice scent, and I appreciate that it's not tested on animals. But that's where its good qualities end. My hair gets greasy almost immediately after conditioning with this, but it gives very little shine, softness, or slip. My biggest complaint would be how tangled my hair is in comparison to other conditioners. I've been looking for the perfect not-tested-on-animals, well-reviewed-on-skin-deep conditioner for awhile now. while some haven't given great results, this is the only one I wouldn't even suggest trying.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got a sample of this, and 10ml lasted me 3 or 4 uses which is great & slightly justifies the price. Unfortunately it just didn't work for me. The packaging said 'great for coloured hair' and that it was suitable for dry hair - both of which I have! It made it a big tangled mess that wasn't at all smooth or shiny when dried. Oh well. If you can get hold of a sample please do, because it seems to work for lots of other ladies and John Masters has really great ethics.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am allergic to most conditioners because of the fabric softener ingredients used in them, including many "natural" products - and this has several things in it that I try to avoid. Coconut and jojoba oils, wheat protein, all dry my hair out, herbal extracts/oils that tend to burn my skin, and aloe, which can burn me on occasion. So needless to say, I would not have gone anywhere near this product a year ago, but I've just been desperate to find something I can use. Most conditioners are just too heavy for my fine, but abundant hair, and I need something mid-weight. At first I really liked this, but within an hour my hair felt somewhat coated and oily (and my hair is slightly dry). I wouldn't consider it heavy, just oily - and I only used a pea-size amount. I had to wash it off, I felt a little overwhelmed by it. The smell is nice and I can see where many people would really like this. It also burned my hands and ears a little, so not for me