John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

Smells great but is terrible to use as a detangler. This conditioner did NOT detangle my hair at all and was EXTREMELY difficult to comb through afterwards because it left my hair in a tangled mess. Does not moisturize hair at all either. I've tried 2 John Masters products and was very disappointed with both.

on 3/28/2007 7:31:00 AM

I hated this as a rinse out conditioner, but I recently gave this another try as a leave-in before styling, and for some strange reason, it works so much better for me that way. I have extremely brittle, damaged, bleached and TRed hair. As a leave-in, this stuff gives me texture but doesn't weigh down my hair or make it flat (which TRed hair is very prone to), in fact, it seems to enhance my hair's "bounciness". I absolutely adore the natural fragrance too.

on 3/31/2007 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This conditioner is so wonderful I have even put it on a list to reorder again and again. It makes my hair feel like strong silk. The hyaluronic acid and honey make the hair strands seem plump, thick, full of volume, and incredibly shiny. Rinse out or leave in, I love it. And the smell is unbelievable! So yummy. I even use it to shave. This makes a fantastic shaving cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am a sucker for all things by John Masters and this is no exception. On the suggestion of my sister I tried this. Delish! I use this as a leave in conditioner and let my hair air dry, as I found it's not moisturizing enough if I rinse out. So soft and silky and the neroli smell is to die for. It's permanently replaced my Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome conditioner/detangler. The scent is wonderful, but doesn't last. The directions say that you can use it as a leave-in conditioner or rinse it out. I was skeptical about leaving it in. I thought my hair would look greasy and weighted down, but once my hair was dry, I just had soft shiny hair. I only wish you could buy this in a larger bottle (comes 8 oz), but a little really does go a long way.

on 6/26/2007 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is not as moisturizing as Terax crema, but it smells sooo much better and works almost as well! And it's nice that you can feel good about using it as it's free of evil toxins and petrochemicals. Now if only I could find a John Masters shampoo that worked as well...

on 7/13/2007 11:15:00 AM

I love this product! The word "detangler" in the name is actually misleading - because this is really a very thick, rich conditioner. Detanglers are never moisturizing enough for my fine but thick, color-treated, slightly dry hair, but this was perfect. Just a tiny dab is enough to thoroughly hydrate my hair, leaving it soft and shiny but not weighed down. The scent is natural and just slightly citrus-y, and with the Evening Primrose shampoo, leaves my hair smelling clean and delicious throughout the day, not overly perfumed. I use this as a rinse-out and couldn't be happier with it, so I haven't tried it as a leave-in at all. Like the shampoos, it's a touch pricey, but I use even less of this than the shampoo so I think the cost would even out with less expensive brands that I need to use more of. And the sleek, simple, push-top bottle is perfect. I'll definitely be repurchasing.

I've been using this both as a leave-in and as rinse-out treatment. As a leave-in, I used just a pea-size amount on slightly-toweled dried hair which was just enough to hold my waves and did not weigh my hair down. As a rinse-out, I used a lot (as it's a very light weight conditioner). You could also use it as a cond-wash, but it's pretty expensive for that purpose. It left my hair very smooth, soft and bouncy. It has a very mild lovely citrus scent.

on 12/20/2007 11:55:00 AM

I love this conditioner! I have short, fine hair and this works really good as a rinse out. I tried to use it as a leave in but it was too heavy for my hair. As a rinse out is perfect leaving my hair shiney, soft and managable. I partner this with Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Shampoo (the John Master's shampoo is a little too expensive for me at this time). At $15.99, its not the cheapest conditioner but it works so well I will continue to buy it.

on 1/26/2008 8:18:00 PM

This is my favorite conditioner! My hair is dry and seems to get split ends very quickly. Since I have been using this product my hair has been soft and moisturized. My hair stylist even said that my hair looks so much healthier since I started using it. I love the rosemary & peppermint detangler scent as well.