John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 11/10/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this conditioner. I have a lot of fine hair and as a leave-in this makes my hair too oily (even if I use just a little bit), but as a rinse out it is perfect. It detangles without making my hair too heavy.
Another pro, it is Organic without nasty ingredients. The only con is the price, 20 euro in The Netherlands.
Update 12/28: after adding some highlights in my hair, it became very dry. With this hair condition, this conditioner worked best as a leave-in.

on 12/4/2010 12:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I expected more than that. The scent is really nice but it did absolutely nothing to my colored hair. It cuts off all the volume so it might work well on curly hair but i wouldn't recommend this for straight hair.

on 1/25/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner smells great and feels really smooth. I really wanted to like it, but even thou it does detangle my color treated, long, thick hair, it also leaves it greasy and heavy. I really can't use this at all.

on 5/4/2011 1:35:00 AM

This is my 1st review on MUA. Love this product as it's organic and therefore has no silicones. Most of the other conditioners which help to detangle my hair are full of 'cones, so I am like "tricked" into thinking product is good & detangles but if left with lots of build-up & oily hair.

Most importantly, it WORKS well as a detangler and conditioner. My hair is super SUPER tangled/ tangly. I cannot comb my wet hair at all and if a good conditioner doesn't exist in this world, I would have chopped off all my locks and have a boy-like short crop.

Unlike what other reviews have said, I do not feel that this Detangler is heavy, sticky, etc. In fact, I use it both as a rinse-off and a leave-in (had to, coz my hair is the most tangled bunch of locks in the world or so I think, haha). Btw, I am located in Singapore, where the weather is summer & hot 365 days a year.

I love the smell too. Citrus like smell that makes me feel refreshed after my bath. The only thing I do not like about this item is the price. Though it is available by distributers in Singapore, I pay like USD23 which is like Sing$30! In US, it retails for USD16 online with free shipping and people already feel it's expensive. Perhaps I might grabt botles of the larger 35 fl oz if I ever holiday in the US.

Best part of John Masters product - they are NOT tested on animals! Such a company is definitely my top choice when it comes to buying any skincare, shampoo, cream, etc.

on 6/8/2011 8:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

This is THE BEST conditioner (detangler) that I've ever used and I am sure it will be one of the best out there.
I use it with Evening Primrose shampoo from John Masters Organics and it works wonder. I always had dry coarse hair and had lots of fly-aways. But while I am using this detangler, my hair is so smooth and soft that I couldn't stop touching them. It also made my hair look very silky. I have no complaints at all for the product quality.
The only down side is the price. It is $16 for 8 oz. in the States, but it cost me $22.50 ($25 after tax) in Canada. I have short - medium length hair and I go through a bottle every month. I use this product half of a year and cheaper products for the other half. I wish it was a little bit cheaper like $16 or even $18.

on 6/11/2011 3:06:00 PM

This conditioner i way to light for my hair. It does absolutely nothing for my dry hair. Think it's better suited for fine hair that doesn't need a lot of moisturizing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of natural/organic products...I like the idea of less chemicals and no harsh ingredients but normally am not impressed with the results. I LOVE this conditioner though. It's super lightweight so I alternate it with a deep conditioning treatment, but it still hydrates my hair and leaves it super soft without weighing it down. And I love the smell, it's very refreshing and clean. I got it for $22.50 from the Canadian site ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/nVDyfG but I'll definitely look for it next time I'm in the states!

on 10/24/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far one of the best organic conditioners I've used. My hair is fine and my scalp gets oily easily. This conditioner balances everything out. My hair is left soft yet bouncy. Plus I absolutely love Neroli, so the scent is a super plus.

on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply the best conditioner. It makes my hair feel soft and "conditioned," as it should! I pair it with JM Rosemary shampoo, and it always produces great results. My favorite of all of the everyday hair conditioners I've tried, both normal and organic. If you want a deep conditioning treatment, try something stronger. But for everyday use, this is exactly what I need. (I have normal, uncolored hair)

on 4/2/2012 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really liked this product. It was too light for me to use as a regular conditioner, but worked amazingly well as a leave in conditioner. When I used it this way, it left my hair super soft and frizz free. I prefer to use unscented products, so I will defintely try the unscented version of this.