John Masters Organics Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

Joh Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler

4.1

on 1/27/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been trying to shorten my shower routine, and I have been trying to switch over to all natural/organic beauty products. So when it came time to buy a new conditioner, this seemed like the perfect choice. I use it as a leave-in. It is pricey; there's no denying that, but I use such a small amount that I expect the 8 oz. bottle to last at least 3 months. I have very thick/frizzy/wavy chest-length hair.

I think part of the reason I love this so much is that it does exactly what it says it will do. It detangles my hair and conditions it. My hair felt softer after only the first use. It is by no means a miracle product though. I've seen reviews where people say they're disappointed because it doesn't tame their frizz. Where does it say frizz tamer? It's a leave-in conditioner. That's it. It's not an oil or a serum or a cream or anything meant to tame frizz or give you bouncy curls. You will have to use other products with this. That being said, this product does what it says it will do well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Now this is a detangler! My problem like most fine hair girls with a lot of hair, it's fine, but it tangles like a nightmare. I used to use kinky curly detangler but the problem is that it is a rinse out doesn't detangle as well and when I get out the shower I have to re detangle! I use a moisturizing conditioner, blow dry but use a heat protection, I don't color- so my hair is decently healthy. I have a oily scalp so I recommend with those with my hair to not use it on the scalp. I had tried the peppermint dentagler and did not like it. I use this detangler with my "wet brush." but also bust out the wide tooth comb or denmen brush if the knots are really bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Okay, I guess. Hasn't made any great impression on me or my hair.

on 10/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Impressive as a leave in conditioner and rinse out, although my hair needs a lot. It has good slip and adds softness. It does not drag out my curls or make them feel like there is residue. I will certainly run through a bottle quickly since my hair is long. I like the ingredient list and the fact that this can be found at my local Whole Foods and Ulta.

I used this as my conditioner and let it sit on my hair for around 5 to 10 minutes during my pregnancy ( Thanks to my daughter, I started using all Organics/ natural hair/skin care products since I found out I was pregnant ). My hair became so smooth and looked healthy and shine. Overall, I liked it but it was not the best I used.

on 3/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love it! It's perfect for my damaged hair, makes it soft and shiny. Recommend this for all the girls ;)

on 4/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Funny thing is it reads just a "detangler" and I find it to be one of the best heavy-duty conditioning treatments! I absolutely love the ingredients' list: the fact that aloe vera comes first and that there are no silicones. No heavy stuff in here, but it helps tame my frizzy, fine, porous, overcoloured hair. I leave it for 2-3 minutes then rinse out. My aim is: straight, shiny hair, no frizz - and this product delivers! When I use typical repairing masks, results are similar but my hair is weighed down and quickly starts looking greasy. I never have this problem with this detangler! The scent is very gentle, I expected it to be more citrusy, though.

on 4/27/2016 8:18:00 PM

I must say I had higher expectations.

My hair always used to tangle easily but most of conditioners were successful in detangling it. However in the last year it changed: I could not detangle it so I got this product.

I had some initial success and helped me somewhat in detangling but not completely and the hair gets entangled over and over again. It is OK for softness. No particular volume or anti-frizz effects.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a very lightweight conditioner with a soft scent of orange blossom. Smells like orange blossom water that I use for cooking. I liked the natural list of ingredients but this product did nothing for my fine, dry hair at all. It did not even detangle my hair which most basic conditioners can do. This product is also so thin and that I needed to use a lot of it. Left my hair feeling dry and frizzy.

on 5/24/2016 10:58:00 AM

Considering this is billed as a lightweight detangler, I found it somewhat heavy. I like it and will continue to use it on days that my hair needs a lot of conditioning, but I don't love it.

It does smell really nice, a light neroli smell.