Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not th biggest fan-they are ok but not impressive esp. for the price. A friend of mine rec. buying art brushes. Apparently, they are better quality and cheaper.

I purchased the black,contoured blush brush, even though I doubted the quality. I was so wrong. I consider it the best blush brush I've ever puchased. It allows you to pick up the right amount of color - not to much, not too little. I've spent more money on pure squirrel brushes as well as crappy brushes from various high-end brands without getting the same effect. I don't know about SONIA KASHUK"S white-handled brushes, but I will DEFINATELY purchase the other brushes in the 'contour' line!

on 8/21/2006 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i heard all the rave about SK brushes so i got a powder brush #01. Unfortunately, everytime i use it the brush sheds and leaves the loose bristles on my face. i end up having to pick them off. i wasn't too happy with my purchase so now i'm looking for a more expensive brush that wouldn't shed.

I LOVE these brushes. I think that I probably have them all, and even a few duplicates. I do a lot of theatre/club makeup and I need to duplicates to avoid having to wash them between colors. I use the powder brush religiously with my Bare Minerals and it hadly ever sheds. Maybe once every few weeks there will be one shed, but thats it. I also have not experianced they handle falling off yet either, but if/when it does happen I'll just glue them back. They do get a little out of shape after lots of washings (and I wash my brushes a lot), I just have to make sure to shape them properly when they are still wet and allow them to dry lying flat on a towel. While I'm sure they are not as good as the MAC or other high-end brushes, I think they are fabulous quality for the price. I just noticed a new line of brushes that she has, the ones with the black handles. They are a bit more expensive, but I baught a few and they are even more soft and wonderful. I also love the curvy black handles.

I got the travel kit that sells for $20 @ Target (also available online) and it is more than worth what I paid for. Although they are not quite as thick as the brushes I got in the BE's mineral makeup brushes, I feel they are much softer and silkier on my face--they don't "prick" at all. After I sent back the starter kit and got a makeup that was bismuth oxychloride free, I needed some decent brushes that weren't the kabuki style. I read somewhere that you have to be careful about the "buffing" technique as it can cause tears in your pores and possibly cause more breakouts; it is better to use silky, fluffy brushes like the blush/powder brush in this kit. All the brushes (the big brush,a large, medium, & small eye shadow brush, a nylon brush, lip brush, a contour brush, and brow brush) are great and were what I actually needed!

I love these brushes. I've had an 8 piece set for a few months now and I've had NO problems with them whatsoever. It is cheaper to buy as a set but if I had to do it again I would buy them individually because there are about 3 or 4 that I don't even use and I replaced one of them with a Sonia Kashuk blender brush (which I love). I don't wear a lot of makeup every day and these work great for me, especially as a travel kit. These aren't the best brushes out there, but the are definitely the best for the price.

These are crap. They are too rough to use and smell terribly when washed as the dye runs down the sink. They flay almost immediately, shed like crazy, and aesthetically look cheap. I would avoid these if at all possible. I bought a five piece set and find them even worse in quality than those mini dinky brushes that come with makeup for free. You are probably better off buying art store brushes if you are looking for budget brushes.

This is an excellent line of brushes! Sonia Kashuk's brushes from Target have consistently been rated the #1 inexpensive brush line in InStyle Magazines "Best of Beauty" for about 3 years in a row and they are absolutely right! They are mostly made of natural fibers, the packaging is great and if you take care of them, they will last you a long time. I think that except for a couple of Bobbie Brown and Sephora brushes (BB large eye shader and Sephora's brozer brushes), I really don't see the need to spend a fortune for the real expensive kind. They do tend to shed a little and I have to check myself before I leave the house for black hairs, but other than that, these brushes are an excellent value (this way, I have more $$ for makeup!!!). Thanks Sonia!!

on 4/18/2005 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are my brushes that I use as a freelance makeup artist. I love them...except for the fact that I have to reglue them back on. The brush end tends to loosen from the handle. After washing as many times as I have, the small brushes (eye and lip), have become a bit...bushy-er than I would have wanted. But, it's still a great product.

This is probably the best drugstore brand of brushes. You can get these at Target. You won't pay those ridiculous prices like you will at cosmetic counters and Sephora, but you will pay more than the average drug store price. However, these do shed a lot. I don't think they are quite as soft as some of the higher-priced ones. So, if you are looking for decent brushes that you don't have to pay ridiculous prices for, buy this brand.

Popular Makeup Brushes