Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

Sonia Kashuk Assorted Brushes

4.1

on 7/30/2008 4:41:00 PM

I heard that the Sonia Kashuk brushes were good, so i went to target to buy a set. I felt the display brushes and they were really soft. i was very excited about these brushes. I bought the travel set which comes with 6 brushes. The brushes have silver handles. They are very pretty, but the brushes are hard and scratchy. Don't make a mistake and get these thinking they are the same as the other Sonia Kashuk brushes.

UPDATE!
I do like the crease brush. This one doesn't poke my eye and it works well.

on 4/5/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I just purchased the large powder brush, and the new flat top blush brush from the black handle ergonomic line, and i am in love! I did the initial wash and not one hair fell out. The softness of the bristles are definitely comparable to any high end brand. I've also been using the small e/s brush, the angle brush, and the smudge brush every day since Christmas and haven't had a problem yet. I reach for these brushes just as often as i reach for my M.A.C. brushes. The smudge brush is great for getting the inner eye area. I use the small shadow brush to sweep on color, or apply pigments. And I use the angle brush for lining my eye with shadow. I am in love with the softness, and you can't beat the price for what you're getting. I don't recommend the cheaper white handled brushes though. I only had a couple e/s ones and they fell apart after a couple of washes. And i only wash my brushes once a week, so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These brushes are terrible. First of all the brushes are not soft, thus the skin starts hurting following application. The brushes for the eye shadow do not blend at all. Additionally, the eye shadow brushes don't "hold" they eye shadow at all, after swirling the brush in the eye shadow (very conservative amount) and upon application the eye shadow just falls on the cheek ( and my eye shadow is good quality) The blush brushes are also problematic since they fail to blend out the blush.

on 12/13/2007 6:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been trying to figure out which brush set I purchased. I have a set of the short-handled white brushes--about 8 of them. I also have a few individual brushes in the long-handled black style.
The difference between the short-handled white brushes and the long-handled black ones is remarkable. The long-handled ones are so much better--they don't lose bristles and are quite soft. I took the set of brushes on a business trip recently, and they were terrible! They didn't disperse color properly, were scratchy and just plain bad! I was very disappointed because I had hoped to find a reasonably-priced set of brushes that I could keep just for travel. Instead, I'll keep packing and unpacking my regular brushes.
Stick to the long-handled brushes and don't buy the shorties!

After reading lots of great reviews about these Sonia Kashuk brushes, I decide to head to my local target to purchase these. (Okay, I've fallen into another "good reviews, but REALLY its not". Thanks.) I was very disappointment with the quality of these brushes ---------- theses brushes are not soft, their very rough once apply to my skin, and after wash they tend to shed lots of hair.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I got a small little set of the white brushes As a birthday present a few years ago...I still love them and still use them. These are some amazing quality brushes believe it or not and for the price you CANNOT beat it. I plan on getting some of the black handle ones which are supposed to be her professional quality ones (and you can tell the difference b/wn the 2 lines). I've seen several makeup artists recommend these brushes and even though I'm not an MA I recommend these to anyone trying to get started in the fabulous world of makeup, wants great brushes, but doesn't want to pay the ridiculously high price...isn't that everyone though?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use the eyeshadow brushes. These brushes pick up and hold colors well and can withstand washing and foiling of eye shadow (applying it wet) while maintaining their original shape. I want to try some other brushes by Sonia such as a blush brush or powder brush because those I've tried have been easy-to-find at Target, of excellent product and packaging quality and a terrific, very reasonable, and very affordable price. I'll never buy Estee Lauder or any other expensive brand brushes again because if I can find great quality and price convieniently and without breaking the bank; what's the point?

on 3/23/2007 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The brushes are great. Very soft and after washing, they took their shape back. The only thing that bothers me is the smell. Is it just me or does the handles have a funny smell to them? I have washed them plenty of times but the smell is still there. Overall the bristles hold up and not prickly like some others.

Best drugstore brushes, by far. I even prefer them to most cosmetics counter brushes. I haven't really had a problem with hair falling out. The blush brush has lost some shape, but I suspect that is because I don't wash/reshpae them as often as I should.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

An SA at the MAC counter recomended these brushes to me as an inexpensive but comparable alternative to their own line.
I started off with an 8 piece travel kit and have since added quite a few to my collection. I recomend these to everyone I know.
I havent had any problems with shedding and they keep their shape well after washing.
Ive just recently started learning which e/s brushes do what.. so I am really making use out of these brushes and they are holding up strong!
Eventually I will try the higher quality brushes.. but for now.. Sonia Kashuk has done me well!

Popular Makeup Brushes