Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 8/6/2003 9:49:00 PM

YUK! This stuff broke me out so badly! It made my skin feel greasy and didn't absorb. I haven't noticed my hairs any more fine at all. I think I am allergic to something aveeno uses because this is the second aveeno product i have bought that has broken me out terribly. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this moisterizer was hell on my skin. I would avoid it if you have skin type like mine! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love the smell (it's not floral, but not medicinal either - definitely "artificial"-smelling, but I love it. That said, it does not absorb into my skin at all, so after a litte while, my forehead and chin are really greasy-feeling and shiny because this lotion just sits on top of my skin. I have not noticed any effect on facial hair, although the product claims to make the hair finer and easier to remove over time.

on 6/24/2003 1:54:00 AM

This lotion is supposed to help reduce the appearance of unwanted facial hair. I've only been using it a week so I can't tell if it's doing that yet. I'll update if I notice any hair decrease.

However, I can say that it does a very good job of moisturizing my super dry, flaky patches. I only use it on my cheeks, jaw, and neck. This oil-free lotion is light and smooth, and it soaks in nicely. Very nice feel.

My only complaint is the smell. The package says it's "lightly fragranced" but I found it a little fake and strong-smelling. I wish it smelled like the shave gel, which reminds me of almonds. However, it is not a big complaint and I will purchase this again.

on 4/11/2003 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It is still too early for me to place a verdict on this product. The first time I used it, my skin felt a slight sting. However, it does provide the right amount of moisture for me. I used to use Neutrogena Moisture products (while they did not clog pores/lead to breakouts, it did not provide as much moisture as this does). So far I'm happy with it. Time will tell about the "making hair softer, finer, and less noticeable" claim. I look forward to hearing how you like this product.