Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 12/29/2004 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I think this product is over- rated. The magazine ads were sooo inticing, I couldn't wait to try it.

I have been using it for about 4 months and have not noticed any difference in my facial hair. Granted, that was never a big problem, just faint sideburn beginnings.

It DOES moisturize but, it's like, after a month, my skin got used to it. It still worked, but I felt like there was some substance in it that built up on my skin, even w/ exfoliation.

A little hard to explain but I find that problem w/ some drugstore products.

smells alright. don't like the sting and it's too early to tell if it reduces facial hair. i will be back to update

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i love this! ive always had a problem with noticible facial hair...but i get it waxed and apply this. ive definatley seen an improvement in skin tone aswell! i will repurchase for sure. about $6-7 CAD.

on 9/4/2004 3:16:00 PM

I first started using this in the spring and really enjoyed it. I haven't really seen much of a difference in the hair department, but I'm not scaring anyone away so it can't be that bad. However, now that the weather is changing, this product doesn't seem to work as well as before. My combo skin is now drier and more uneven than before, and now I'm looking for something else to use. Oh, well, at least I tried.

on 8/24/2004 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Terribly pricey.
Used it for a few months, noticed no difference in facial hair.
Nice smell though, not overpowering or medicinal.
Absorbs rather well, but not very fast.

on 8/23/2004 1:51:00 PM

I bought this for facial hair. And once again I was fooled by the promises just like the Biore moisturizer. I thought since this one cost wayyyyyy more then Biore ( I wasted $22 CDN on this junk!). SO far I havent seen any thing significant. And even if it did nothign for facial hair, it should atleast moisturize nicely for the cost....but noooo. Aveeno sucks.

on 6/12/2004 7:02:00 PM

I bought this product a while ago and didn't use it. I started using it about 3 weeks ago. I don't really notice any difference with the facial hair aspect, but maybe. I have noticed that it does not absorb really well into the skin, but it seems to make my foundation sit better on my (combination) skin. I have also had less breakouts since I started using it. The smell doesn't really bother me, I think this is a product, you'd have to try.

on 5/10/2004 4:21:00 PM

Love the light, pretty scent of this. Like all Aveeno products, this one rocks. I like the fact too, that it's oil-free, another plus for us super oily skinned gals. Goes on smoothly, absorbs well, smells great, and contains spf too! What more could you ask for?

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Just got this two days ago. I have eczema, and Aveeno is a brand I trust to be gentle on my skin. I also liked that it is "clinically proven to minimize the appearnce of unwanted hair" after two weeks. Well, this product STINGS! I am now only using it on my upper lip and chin area. I was suprised that it hurt so much! I will update on the hair minimizing properties later.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While I haven't noticed a reduction in hair on my face, I have noticed it does stop zits from getting bigger and nastier! What a pleasant side effect. I didn't like it at first though because it did sting and it took a while for it to absorb. Now, I might just buy it again so I don't have to buy any more Retin-A (which doesn't really help my zits!).