Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

Aveeno Positively Smooth Facial Moisturizer

2.7

on 6/20/2006 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have dry uneven skin that breaks out once in a while so i tried this.. after washing my face and applying this it made my face red and irritated! i figured it was just because my skin was sensitive that day but it does that every time. stopped applying all over n just on hair but didn't change much either. not worth it

on 3/24/2006 10:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not my first foray into Aveeno moisturisers, but at the moment my last. I have been using this up until a few months ago, but then had to switch to Olay because the Aveeno was aggravating my dry, rashy skin.
The onlygood thing about this product is that it's just enough moisture for combo skin. Oily would find it heavy and dry not enough. Gripes about it: OVERLY SCENTED. What is Aveeno thinking? I thought it was trying to improve skincare lol. But anyway, it was also too expensive, and as for the smoothing action my facial hair (what's noticeabe anyway) didn't show any signs of slowing down growth or getting finer. Just an overpriced blah product for me :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this thinking it wasn't going to clog up my pores, since it said "noncomedogenic," but I was terribly wrong. the first day, I didn't notice, so I kept putting it on until 2 days later when it was too late. It took me forever to get rid of the pimples. My arms and legs are not as sensitive, so I figured I would make use of the moisturizer and use it on my arms and legs, but the same thing happened, so now I have no use of this expensive ripoff product.

on 2/27/2006 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've almost used up my bottle and don't know if I'll repurchase. I didn't notice any minimizing of my facial hair, but I really didn't expect it too. I thought that it probably reduced the appearance by either reflecting light or making the little hairs on the sides of my face stick to my skin ;)

That said, it worked fine as a moisturer. No SPF though.

on 10/26/2005 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this facial moisturizer. It doesn't feel thick on my face and it really moisturizes. I bought Olay spf 15 and it was thick on my face, I had to wash it off instantly. This has the perfect amount of moisture so it feels good on the skin. The price is a little expensive, but it's a great moisturizer!

on 8/9/2005 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lotion! I didn't expect any miracles when it came to facial hair (thank god I'm not hairy) but i bought it b/c a friend raved about how smooth it made your skin feel and how well toned it made your face look. I went through one bottle already - it IS kinda expensive for a drugstore lotion but totally worth it I think. Not that I'm always one for advertising, but In Style magazine named it the best overall facial moisturizer of the year.

this was a good facial moisturizer--it makes my face soft and smooth. i use this as my night moisturizer. it doesn't do much to facial hair, though. and the price tag's a little steep for a d/s brand ($15).

on 5/14/2005 4:22:00 PM

Doesn't do what it claims. Not moisturizing at all.

on 4/20/2005 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know about the hair reducing qualities, but it's a nice spring/summer moisturizer for my dry/sensitive skin. I get a tiny sting from it at first, but it goes away very quickly. It doesn't clog my pores, but does a decent job of moisturizing.

ETA: Did nothing for my facial hair, and has no sunscreen in it, so much for being a good spring/summer moisturizer. Will not buy again.

on 1/6/2005 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dryish skin, but dont like oily moisturizers.
I use a facial brush in the shower in the morning. I must wait at least 20 minutes for my pores to close before applying the lotion b/c it will sting if I dont. YOU WOULD THINK WITH THE "BURN" it would do something about the haiR! Absolutely nothing! I have used it for at least 3 months and not a damn thing. It is an ok moisturizer, I must apply 2 layers because if I dont then my skin gets dry.
DO NOT BUY THIS TO MAKE HAIR LESS NOTICIBLE- IT DOES NOTHING! Will not buy again, will not reccomend, just plain bad! And a waste of $ (I can get a Starbucks with that!).