Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

on 6/15/2003 2:18:00 PM

Summer has arrived, but this year, my skin isn't freaking out---it went crazy last year when we moved to the Midwest, and all of my well-loved products seemed to give it trouble. I'm nearly out of my wonderful Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, so since I'm usually more oily with the heat and humidity, and I have several abandoned cleansers from last year's skin mayhem, I thought I'd try to use a few up. This Cetaphil cleanser is a lathering, soapy cleanser, unlike the wipe-off kind that I occasionally use for normal skin, but it's fine---nothing fantastic, but cheap, works well, my skin looks great, no problems, gets my makeup off. It hasn't rocked my world, but it hasn't annoyed me, either, so I'll use the bottle up happily.

on 6/16/2003 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised by this product. I'm a teen with oily skin and some acne, so I'd been using the typical teen acne cleanser by Neutrogena or Clean and Clear. But this worked better than any of that stuff! My acne has gotten better and my skin is so soft- it's gentle and feels clean. if i want to really refresh my face i'll rinse off the cleanser with 8-10 splashes of cold water and that really does the trick.

on 7/4/2003 4:10:00 AM

The good: If you have very oily skin that is not overly sensitive, you may very well love this cleanser! It really gets the oil out. It did a good job cleansing my oily t-zone.

The bad: First of all, it overdried my already dry cheeks. That in turn made them so much oilier! Second, I do not like the fragrance. When I bought this I didn't read the package closely enough. I just assumed that it would be fragrance free like the original Cetaphil. Another thing is you have to really rinse a lot to get all the stuff off your face. There are these tiny little bubbles that just don't wanna go! Lastly, the stuff is so watery that I tend to use a lot and it ran out in a little over a month.

For my sensitive skin, I would not buy this again.

on 7/4/2003 8:39:00 AM

Cetaphil worked great for me for many months, then it just ran out of steam and did not seem to clean as well. I used what was left of my bottle to clean my makeup brushes, and it was great for that purpose since it is not as harsh on the bristles as other soaps might be. For those who this works for as a cleanser - consider yourselves lucky! I really liked it when it was effective for me, but unfortunately it can't perform for me anymore.

on 7/4/2003 8:52:00 PM

I had tried the original Cetaphil and was NOT impressed. This, however, is an entirely different product. Two pumps is usually enough to take off my makeup and cleanse my face without stripping it.

on 7/7/2003 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok, I know loads of people have slammed the scent of this but I actually like it! Kinda clean, kinda light floral - It's sure a YMMV thing! It works wonderfully on my normal skin, and really cleans without stripping. Takes makeup off well, and rinses nicely! I'll absolutely buy this again!

My skin is really bad about break-outs and I was searching for a cleanser that would get rid of them. My sister got a little extra in her one of her swaps of this Cetaphil cleanser and I tried it. Next thing I knew my skin was soft and oil-free! I would recomend this product to anyone!

on 7/11/2003 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Too harsh for my face other than the t-zone area, not effecitve for acne either. Don't like the smell. Will use Murad's instead.

on 7/22/2003 3:49:00 PM

I tried this b/c I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my MB Enzyme Cleansing Gel & I was very surprised to find that I actually like this stuff! This low-lathering gel formula has light, clean scent & cleans all my makeup up easily. It leaves my combo-oily skin feeling clean & smooth, not tight or dry. You get a generous 8 oz for a mere $4, so this is definitely going to be a staple for me :)

on 8/5/2003 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A bottle of this lasts a long time. I'm trying to use it up before buying something new. Maybe I'll start using it to clean my brushes like a previous reviewer so that I *can* try something new. ;) Decent cleansing power, non-foamy, doesn't smell too bad, didn't break me out or overdry my oily skin. Mediocre in my opinion. I don't love it enough to repurchase, but I'd use it again in a pinch.