Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

I bought this facial cleanser because I found that Pure Zone in the winter time was too drying for my skin. It's a basic cleanser (no bells and whistles) that worked well and left my skin feeling hydrated. It doesn't foam too much (which some people require) but I didn't mind that at all. It's getting warmer now so I'm gonna switch back to my regular cleanser but I will definitely keep this around for winter time.

on 4/30/2003 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My derm recommended this to me, and it does clean a little better than the original cleanser, however, it did not thoroughly clean all makeup off of my face. If I'm going to cleanse my face, then all makeup should be removed!

on 5/2/2003 5:30:00 AM

After numerous recommendations (including one from a dermatologist), I decided to try this. At first, I loved it. It made my skin sooo soft, didn't irritate my sensitive skin, and was sooo cheap! Then, after about three weeks of using it, I started to get tiny skin colored bumps all over my forehead. All of my other skin products were under suspicion but i didn't even consider the cetaphil. Luckily, I read a review on another site and someone else had had the exact same reaction! I haven't touched this stuff since and my forehead is completely clear. I do suggest trying it for yourself because it seems to work for a lot of people.

on 5/15/2003 6:27:00 PM

Found this to be a very gently but effective cleanser, makeup remover, has a scent to it, though not an unpleasant one. A keeper

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

ive used this on and off for a couple of years. i decided to come back to it because i was starting to break out again. thank goodness this cleanser is around. it's gentle enough for my sensitive skin but definitely cleans and helps get rid of those breakouts. i think i will be sticking with it this time... except during the winter when my skin gets really dry... ill go back to the original formula.

on 5/26/2003 4:24:00 PM

Uggh, I really don't care for this cleanser. It left my sensitive skin very irritated and red, and the strong scent really put me off. I perfer the gentle cleansing bar to this. It's very gentle and does not irritate my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this cleanser cleans without stripping. The only downside is that the product is watery so you end up using a lot for just one face wash.

on 6/3/2003 5:37:00 PM

Trying to save some money, I decided to try Cetaphil for oily skin since my skin tends to be a bit on the oily side once summer comes and original Cetaphil Gentle formula has worked wonders on my winter skin. First of all, this requires a lot of rinsing, much more so than the original. I felt more of a film which is quite surprising considering this is for oily skin. Furthermore, this is truly some stinky stuff. I gagged when I first put this on my face. Into the garbage it goes. What a waste of $6. I'll stick with Lancome.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

In my search to find a cleanser that would not irritate or dry my oily skin, I have come upon this product. I actually have the opposite of a t-zone problem. I break out on my cheeks but usually have a dry chin and mouth area so ultra drying cleansers like bar soaps and neutrogena products will leave me high and dry. This cleanser worked well for me in the winter time and call me crazy but I actually like the scent. However, now that summer is approaching, my oil glands are in over drive and I need a new cleanser. I'm thinking I might keep this for winter and switch to Aveeno clear complexion for summer

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Amazing. Both of my "celebrity" NYC dermatologists who have their own lines that sell in Sephora recommend this cleanser as a make up remove. Used once, it removes greese, foundation, and powder. Used twice, it gently cleanses the skin. If you decide that you would like an exfolliant, usually a no-no with acne prone skin that is sensitive to breakouts and scarring, use with a minimal amount of baking soda for a cheap, deep-clean. This is the best on the market!