Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is hands down my HG cleanser. (for the past 3 years)

Bit of background on me, I've been suffering from acne (the cystic variety) since Middle School, bad skin runs in the genes and is a bit of a hormonal issue with me. Anyways, through trial and error with prescription topics and oral medications, my acne is decently under control. However, about 3 years ago, I was at my doc's office and thankfully while I had clear skin then, she did notice that my skin was super oily. She said something pretty basic, you need to buy a cleanser specifically formulated for oily skin.

Picked this bad boy up and I have never looked back. Never realized how much of a difference it made, until I run out of the miracle stuff and have to use whatever else is on my bathroom counter including Philosophy's Purity, Proactiv (NO NO NO), even the Cetaphil cleanser for NORMAL skin.

The Cetaphil cleanser formulated for OILY skin is EXTREMELY, EMPHASIZE, EXTREMELY different than the normal one. I am super, super super, oily. So oily that I can see the oil coming out of my pores after washing it in the morning and night. In fact, I let my cousin borrow my oily version cleanser one night and he commented, "Why, this one actually seems like it's doing something." It's strong, like an astringent. It keeps my oilies at bay for a good half of the day before I have to blot, which is a MIRACLE.

To sum, love this product. HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. It made my skin feel very warm and red when washing and I broke out like crazy plus my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact, I have better cleansing results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

on 1/6/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just bought this since I ran out of my normal wash. I had a coupon and got it for 2 bucks. This stuff is pretty good on my oily skin. However, I still have red face but it is lessened. Overall, good stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I first bought this product because i really needed a new cleanser for my oily skin and since i heard a lot of people raving about this i decided to try it. It says its suppose to help manage your acne and oiliness but i felt like it didnt do much for my acne but it did clean my face pretty good and it wasnt drying on my skin at all. but overall if i ran out of this cleanser im probably going to try something else to experiment!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Every single time you read anything about acne or sensitive skin, cetaphil is mentioned. Not sure why, I'm the poster child for acne prone and extremely oily sensitive skin ;( This did absolutely nothing for. It made my face feel dirty like I hadn't washed it properly. Depending on the time of the month (skin is extra sensitive during cycle) it would cause a sting on my face. Would not ever use again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very oily, cystic acne prone and sensitive skin to the point where anything even remotely harsh breaks out my face and gives me a rash. Same with my body. I use this facial cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic and remove it with my Simple Micellar Water and together they work to gently cleanse my face and take off any acne medication I'm using that night without irritating my skin. Definitly a staple now and I use the gentle cleansing bar in the shower for my body and the whole Cetaphil line is just amazing for my sensitive skin in general.