Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

on 12/13/2009 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use Mac Studio fix foundation, and this product did not remove it at all. I washed my face 3 times and there were still noticeable traces of makeup all over my face and in my pores.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Cetaphil facial cleanser yesterday and I oh so love to love the product since the bar soap is uber effective on my body but when I lathered the product onto my face I immediately felt a burning sensation. I washed it immediately and when I looked at myself in the mirror yes you guessed it right I have a bunch of red marks all over my face and neck. It hurts and itches so much that I have to take some Antihistamines to feel relief over the effects of this product. This is such a shock to me since I really don't have sensitive skin and Cetaphil is known to be very mild. Will definitely NOT repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This really gets my skin clean and my face does not feel stripped. The smell doesn't bother me at all.

on 2/6/2010 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This leaves a greasy film on my skin, making me feel like I need to wash it again. I also noticed new breakouts as soon as I started using it.

on 3/1/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm Asian with very, very super oily with acne skin and always had a difficult time finding a good face wash. Most of them would strip the oil, but then my face would be so tight and dry, only to re-oil in about 1/2 hour. I got a sample from my dermatologist and was very surprised how much I love it! I feel it removes make-up pretty well, doesn't make my face tight and smells good. If I feel that my face gunk is still there, I just re-wash my face again. Now that it's unnaturally cold in FL, I've noticed that my cheeks would be tight so I'd put a bit of moisturizer, which I still have to find my HG on that one. Other than this, I will stick with this forever!

I did try the sensitive skin formula but I hated the smell and my skin felt slimy & sticky, like I didn't wash at all. Sticking with the Original one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this a few days ago due to all of the reviews I've read on it. So far I like it well enough. It leaves my skin soft and does a decent job at removing my makeup, but I still have to go over my eyes with remover for the last bit. It hasn't broken me out... yet. I'll update this if it does. The only thing I really dislike is the smell. While it isn't terrible, it does bother me throughout the day, it doesn't really go away, and it stays on my hands.
OH, I forgot to mention this. Since I have been off of my BC pills I have been getting cystic acne. I had two when I bought this. I used it that night and the next day I could see a noticeable difference. Don't know if it was the cleanser or if it was just their time to go. Let's just say it was the cleanser :)
Edit: I have been using this for about a week or two, twice a day, and my skin looks and feels great! I can't wait to get back on my BC pills to really top it off. The baby cream smell I have gotten used to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is definitely nothing compared to the gentle facial cleanser by cetaphil.. this is a gel cleanser and it really dries out my skin making it feel tight and terrible. and i think that it dries it out so much that it makes it more oily later. however, i think that the gentle facial cleanser is GREAT because it makes my skin less oily somehow! amazing how there's a huge difference between the two.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a PHENOMENAL cleanser for my oily skin. It definitely does not feel like a drugstore product! This feels like a very luxe cleanser. It thoroughly cleanses the face & leaves it feeling matte & fresh. I also absolutely LOVE the smell! A very clean scent, especially when you suffer from greasy skin! Gresy skin NEVER smells good & this gives an oily complexion just the perfect balance. I've tried other "fancy" expensive products in the past, but I always keep coming back to this particular product. It's a drugstore cleanser that happens to be produced by a pharmaceutical company. This is my HG cleanser without a doubt!

on 12/16/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

- keeps me from breaking out. my acne is fairly under control. i know this doesn't sound impressive but for a girl with disgustingly oily, prone to breakouts daily, the cleanser is pretty good.
- does not do anything for the oilies or blackheads. it'd be perfect if it did.
- gentle on skin. i don't feel dryness after washing.

on 5/23/2011 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE IT! it changed my skin completely. i will always alwayssssssssssssssssssssssss use it!!