Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It takes off my makeup and makes my face feel clean and refreshed. My derm gave me samples of both to try. The cleanser for drier skin is pretty good too and it works fine for me, however I decided to buy this for the summertime because my face is very oily. This really is a great cleanser and I highly recommend it. Great deal for $10 for a large bottle!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had always heard good things about Cetaphil, how gentle it is etc. so I decided to try it a while back but since my skin is oily I thought it would be logical to use the product specified for such skin. Like a lot of products out there, this overdried my skin to no end. It's amazing to me that companies don't seem to get it yet: If you overdry oily skin, it just gets oiler. Afterall, all skin types need moisture. On top of that, it left a film. I can't say I ever tried the original brand for dry skin, but maybe I would have gotten better results? Nay on this one, definitely.

on 1/7/2007 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is the one product I can't live without! I have very sensitive, allergy-prone skin with rosacea, and some perimenopausal acne thrown in just to keep me on my toes. I find this cleanser to be as gentle as I need it to be for my skin, but strong enough to remove my makeup and leave my skin very clean (neither of which Cetaphil's other product, the Gentle Skin Cleanser, does for me). Like many other reviewers, I wish the fragrance weren't so strong and perfumey. For those with normal-acting skin, I can understand that none of Cetaphil's products would seem particularly noteworthy, but for many of us with rosacea and/or allergy-prone skin, this is the only stuff we can let near our face! continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. Having read all the rave reviews, my hopes were high. But it did nothing good for my oily, acne prone skin; in fact it broke me out even worse! I wanted to try something gentle for my skin for a change (I've always used BP or SA cleansers), but I got nowhere fast with this product. I see a lot of people have had success with this product, but sadly, it's just not for me.

on 4/28/2008 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have really oily skin and can wash my face up to 3 or 4 times a day. I can do this with this cleanser w/o any irritation or dryness or itchiness.

The more I use it the more I like it. Its not the greatest for removing make up, but can remove most of it. It cleans out my mineral makeup but not my eyeliner, but most cleansers don't. It isn't my all time favorite cleanser, but the only one I like better is by Shiseido, but its many times more costly and I don't like dealing with tubes and caps.

I also love the pump and I can get big bottles of it at BJ's for cheap and just plunk this down on the sink and it lasts a long time. My husband likes it too as he won't use a moisturizer and this doesn't leave his skin feeling dried out.

on 6/25/2008 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This has been my everyday cleanser for a while. It does a good job of removing the oil and mu from my face. It rinses clean only if I use something textured like a washcloth -- if I try to wash my face with just my hands, it feels like there's still an oily film on my skin afterwards. The scent is fresh and extremely light, I honestly don't notice the scent when I wash my face. (Which is a good thing since I'm allergic to some fragrances!) It does not dry out my skin, but I have super oily skin and only very harsh acne products dry out my skin! This cleanser also does not seem to help my acne but that's expected -- I have fairly resistant skin and need stronger acne treatments. My skin always looks the same regardless of what cleanser I use (it's only the addition of other acne products that clear up my acne), so I continue to use Cetaphil since it gets my skin clean, was recommended by my dermatologist, and is affordable. I can't guarantee how will work for more sensitve types -- like any other product, you'll probably want to read the ingredients before deciding to buy :)

on 8/15/2008 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. I'm pregnant and need something gentle to wash my face with. This leaves my skin fresh and clean and is so gentle. I have really oily skin from being pregnant and although it doesn't control all that well, it doesn't make it worst. My skin has looked better since using this. No more breakouts. It is a lot calmer. Last night I had a zit that was beginning to grow...I washed my face with this last night and this morning...totally gone. I'm starting to think that gentle products are better for my skin.

on 2/10/2009 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is pretty great. I do remember feeling a film the first time I used it--don't ask why--but I haven't had that problem since the first or second time I've tried it. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized without it being greasy. If you use it to remove make-up, though, you'll want to invest in a good toner to use a few times a week. It's also gentle enough to use twice a day without my skin developing a tolerance to it. Absolutely love it!

on 3/10/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have avoided trying this product for years due to the ugly medicine like packaging and the fact that it can be purchased at the drugstore. Then a review I was reading about another product had mentioned cetaphil and how great it was blah blah blah, so I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. This stuff is the absolute best. I struggle with oily skin and red flare ups and nothing has immediately cleaned my face right down to the pores. Well, this stuff did and my skin glowed immediately after using it. I have tried Mario Bedascu glycolic cleanser, botanical cleanser for oily skin and numerous other expensive cleansers and nothing has done as good a job as cetaphil. I could kick myself for not trying this stuff sooner! My skin remains oil free for most of the day which is super rare and my makeup goes on smooth. I don't know why it works so well for me but it has and I will continue to use and I highly recommend anyone try this with oily skin.

on 11/16/2009 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use this to wash my face at night since my Shiseido Pureness cleanser that I use in the morning, does not cut it. I have to use a cleansing oil to get my sunscreen off, plus the makeup on top of that and then the oil slick that is my face and there is still residue left before I wash my face. The cleaning oil does a great job of breaking it all down and then the Cetaphil removes all traces of everything else since there is nothing left on the cotton pad when using toner afterwards. It does not dry my skin out and it doesn't seem to break it out either. It's cheap, comes in a big bottle and I've never had an issue with the pump dispenser.