Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I use this to remove the residue from my Lumene cleansing oil, which doesn't always rinse off completely. By itself, this cleanser would be too drying for my slightly dry skin, especially in the winter, but when I use just a tiny amount as a second cleanser, I don't get over-dry or stripped skin. Until I find the ideal one-step cleanser that removes silicone-based primers, sunscreens and foundations and doesn't dry my skin too much (as DHC cleansing oil does), I'll rely on this two-step process. I use Cetaphil for normal to dry skin in the morning, to rinse the night's grime off. BTW, my DH swears by this cleanser for his oilier skin. I usually have to retrieve my bottle from his shower.

on 1/26/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this cleanser! I have been using it for about 2 weeks now - and I can see such a huge difference in my skin. It has cleared up my acne, and prevented me from breaking out more. It does not leave my skin feeling 'tight' after using. My skin always feels clean and moisturized. It makes my face feel so good! The scent is nothing special - but this cleanser does it's job! I use it twice a day. When I wear makeup - I wash twice just to make sure it is all off. Great stuff!
Edit: After using this cleanser for a few months, I did not like it. I didn't feel that it was cleaning my face that well - and it did not remove my makeup.

this left my skin really dry but it did feel clean after so thats a plus ill just stick to my regular face wash after i finish this bottle

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

What can I say? Gets all my makeup off and gets my skin clean without stripping it. My skin has significantly improved after using this. I've used a lot of higher end cleansers and this one actually turned out to work the best for me. For the money, this product works pretty darn well.

on 5/30/2009 9:22:00 PM

i didnt noticed i got cleanser for oily skin.. i thought this wont cause me any bad issues but i was wrong, it made my skin oily after use and i didnt really clean my face.. i gave it to my brother who is acne prone but he didnt like it either so i just stocked it.. i tried the cleanser for dry skin but then it didnt really clean my face with makeup either, so i use that if i want to refresh my face and to moisture it.. i wont buy cetaphil ever again

I recently went back to using this product after trying out many other cleansers. If you have sensitive skin then this is the best. It definitely won't take off all your makeup (better as a general cleanser, not makeup remover) so I use this with Ponds' facial towelettes which works fine with me since I usually have to take off waterproof makeup anyway. I really like that it will not make me break out and it does cleanse my skin effectively so that I can execute the rest of my skincare regime like using toner, acne medicine, and moisturizing without feeling like my face is going to break out. The smell is not overwhelming, it just smells like a light soapy smell.

on 11/30/2009 9:49:00 AM

This is a really good facial cleaner. Its soft on the skin and cleans your face nicely! Love It!

I just tried this version of Cetaphil for the first time and I've been using it for about a month and LOVE it!!!! It's the Daily Facial Cleanser in a pump (not the creamy one). I tried the creamy original cleanser a long time ago and didn't really love it, but this is awesome. It smells delicious...kinda like baby products and cleans without drying. ALSO, it takes off mascara so effectively and gently. I have always used Jason's organic Fresh Start cleanser, but it is really hard to find and a little more expensive. I am a huge fan.

on 1/13/2010 10:27:00 PM

i have been using this product for a long long time now i swear by it. and its funny because i have dry skin and this is for oily. but i find it acctually cleanses and my skin really feels clean after use. once i found this product i have never tried anything else. it doesnt stip my skin or dry it out and it is so gentle. love it.

on 4/2/2010 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have been using this product for a year. It is okay. I picked the one for normal to oily, thinking it would work with my dry/normal skin. However after I use it my face is very dry and tight. I notice I am very, very dry under my eyes that if I touch there it hurts. I am looking for a cleanser that will not leave my skin dry. I am going to try philosophy purity made simple next.